Black 16 year old shot and killed while trying to murder another girl in Columbus OH

oldngray

nowhere special
COLUMBUS, Ohio — One of the nine nominees for a new civilian review board to oversee the Columbus Division of Police is facing criticism for a Facebook post about the deadly shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant by a Columbus police officer.

Kyle Strickland, an attorney at the Ohio State University, was nominated to be on the Civilian Police Review Board. He wrote on Facebook that people should not let anyone tell them to "wait for all the facts" in the shooting of Bryant

Box Ox

riddle me this:

how does this happen?

View attachment 335380

You put up a comparison of Iceland and Stockton police shootings and say "riddle me this" like the difference is some sort of big :censored2:ing mystery. LOL

Never change, comrade.

1ac41591a52cb9c8e13b99c741a05e66.jpg

Box Ox

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
A little torn on how to feel about this.

Sad that a 16 year old lost her life, and especially if she truly was not the aggressor in the situation. But it’s hard to not to snap to the defense of the police when there’s a contingent of people that want to be intellectually dishonest, or just straight up stupid liars, about what is evident from the video.

I also think what if some deranged :censored2: shows up on my property with a knife and the police happened to show up just as I overpowered him and I was shot in the process? Considering the amount of dangerously mentally ill people on the streets of California prowling neighborhoods causing crime, not a far fetched scenario.

We enjoy our second amendment. I think a consequence of that specific freedom is violent policing. Always keep it in mind and act accordingly. Don’t treat a cop like a cop; treat him like a dude with a gun.

SLW

COLUMBUS, Ohio — One of the nine nominees for a new civilian review board to oversee the Columbus Division of Police is facing criticism for a Facebook post about the deadly shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant by a Columbus police officer.

Kyle Strickland, an attorney at the Ohio State University, was nominated to be on the Civilian Police Review Board. He wrote on Facebook that people should not let anyone tell them to "wait for all the facts" in the shooting of Bryant
Did you look and see who the rest of the review board are?

El Correcto

god is dead
Sad that a 16 year old lost her life, and especially if she truly was not the aggressor in the situation.
Nope she definitely was, she ran at someone with their back turned to her walking away about to stab them.
I also think what if some deranged * shows up on my property with a knife and the police happened to show up just as I overpowered him and I was shot in the process? Considering the amount of dangerously mentally ill people on the streets of California prowling neighborhoods causing crime, not a far fetched scenario.
Well just because you over powered him doesn’t mean you can charge someone with their back turned walking away and stab them while there are multiple police on the scene. At that point it’s just retaliatory murder. You tell the police what happened and let them handle it.