Blessed but with heavy sacrifices

This contract is a mess. Drivers are getting forced 6 punches continuously and left out all day. I feel like alot of us are burned out heading into peak, but other centers have been doing this 6 punch abuse alot longer. UPS talks about improving the work life balance but that just seems to be talk or its not enforced in all the levels of management. There has been some solid advice in here, @CLTUPSwifey it sounds your husbands management team is playing the harassment and abuse game. Very common at this company. They can't fire him for a single call off, that is some blatant intimidation tactics.
View attachment 403022
If you guys have plans your husband can just call off, we are allowed so many before they start off with any form of discipline. Also your husband should get in contact with his union steward and keel him updated on this kind of garbage and see what his steward says, then document and file grievences. Like others have mentioned we are getting a new contract next summer so it would be worth holding out to atleast see what changes.
The problem is a four skies in on the sixth day and they call off and they burn up their sick days on days they shouldn't have to be working.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This contract is a mess. Drivers are getting forced 6 punches continuously and left out all day. I feel like alot of us are burned out heading into peak, but other centers have been doing this 6 punch abuse alot longer. UPS talks about improving the work life balance but that just seems to be talk or its not enforced in all the levels of management. There has been some solid advice in here, @CLTUPSwifey it sounds your husbands management team is playing the harassment and abuse game. Very common at this company. They can't fire him for a single call off, that is some blatant intimidation tactics.
View attachment 403022
If you guys have plans your husband can just call off, we are allowed so many before they start off with any form of discipline. Also your husband should get in contact with his union steward and keel him updated on this kind of garbage and see what his steward says, then document and file grievences. Like others have mentioned we are getting a new contract next summer so it would be worth holding out to atleast see what changes.
What forced 6th? Why hasn't your local negotiated to stop that along with the Day after Thanksgiving as a holiday like the 804 and 177 has?

FozziesDeliveries

What forced 6th? Why hasn't your local negotiated to stop that along with the Day after Thanksgiving as a holiday like the 804 and 177 has?

I am in the central regions and have a small local, no sixth punch protection as of this contract.... but i think the companies abuse with saturday ground has opened everyones eyes.

DriverNerd

That’s harsh
I never said it would have been her fault. Some guys let the exhaustion shut them down and get them depressed. Even if you don't see your spouse that often you still need to communicate when you do have free time. Even a simple "how was your day?" goes a long way. I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Integrity

Binge Poster
greetings to everyone in brown, and in my case, who’s down with brown and married to UPS through a committed spouse.
I’m grateful to have this platform to possibly gain clarification and support through this lifestyle of a family. I apologize, in advance, if I ask questions or have concerns that may possibly overstep boundaries. If I do please respectfully inform me and just know that I am going on two years of being married to UPS through my husband. I don’t know UPS that well so you can understand how my marriage is shifting closer and closer to not existing.

I was hoping to get help understanding some major issues that are frustrating both him and I and him trying to explain it to me frustrates the situation even more to the point where we don’t talk about anything but his work day because we’re not really talking about the issues that his work is causing.

Here is a super fresh, still warm to the touch, problem with no solution… Yet. My husband started out as a 224 I believe or something like that and we went through that first year of just utter bowing down to the demands of UPS and having no life and having no schedule and was also during the Covid shut down and my industry was nonexistent so we were basically pulled in opposite directions as far as having a life together because I was at home going crazy wanting to work and he was constantly working and not at home much. That situation alone opens doors for a lot of other issues that maybe I will ask about later. For now The most pressing question I have is …
What is the solution, or a process, to holding UPS responsible for completely ignoring the needs of their workers and families, other than the need for money and benefits? Why is not having a controlled climate in a vehicle that is operated in physically exhausting circumstances not important to UPS? Why is the mental health of the workers who are out there literally melting and baking all day long and returning home so tired and sore that they can’t make love to their wives or go play with the kids outside important to UPS? Why is not having two full back to back days at home to balance work and home life not important to UPS? Why is it that a contract can never be committed to but UPS expects their workers to be committed to the company? Does this get any better or is this just what everyone puts up with? My husband has worked very hard to get to be a Monday through Friday driver but he is being bullied and threatens to working on Saturdays and I wouldn’t even know that there was a union supporting any of the stuff that is always changing and is never what he supposed to be doing. It just seems like a lot of empty promises and nothing can ever be planned in our life ever. Tomorrow we had made plans to do something very very important for our relationship and now we can’t do it because he was threatened by his supervisor that if anyone called out tomorrow which is supposed to be a day off anyway that they would be terminated immediately. UPS is ruining my marriage and my family is not a family. What we thought it was going to be such a huge blessing, and it has been monetarily and financially for sure, has been at a cost of so many things we’ve had to sacrifice that now we have nothing left to sacrifice to UPS. How much more does UPS take before they actually give?
Sorry for your difficulties.

My only word for you is you must know UPS is an extremely dysfunctional workplace that has little to no integrity.

I base this statement on decades of experience.

When I was at the crossroads of quitting because of this culture many years ago, I made the decision to stay.

The dysfunctional oppressive culture has only changed for the worse during my career here.

I did find a way to reconcile my staying and it has worked for me and my family.

Good luck.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

My only word for you is you must know UPS is an extremely dysfunctional workplace that has little to no integrity.

When I was at the crossroads of quitting because of this culture many years ago, I made the decision to stay.

The dysfunctional oppressive culture has only changed for the worse during my career here.

I did find a way to reconcile my staying and it has worked for me and my family.

Good luck.
Dysfunctional, yet makes $100B annual revenue?
GTFOH!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Good luck.
What dysfunction? Go to work, go home. Some locals had the foresight to preempt things like 6th day forced punch.

Quit if you can't hack it.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Obtuse: annoyingly insensitive or SLOW TO UNDERSTAND.

I guess this is so as you've never done the job......based on previous revelations.
Stupid: Some idiot with absolutely no business acumen previously known as Netsua (but a phony so he changes his screen name several times.... still a dope).

Don't guess, you have limited capacity as you have shown.
Oh, :censored2:

qdg2

How about embracing the dysfunction?
Fair enough.

You and I don't think alike....thank GOD.

UPS could be so much better.

With so many folks like you and then how MGT is......it's an awful culture to work in.....

It could be so much better....the possibilities are endless.