Brown Cafe Bon Voyage Weekend!

klein

Für Meno :)

As far as a pre cruise dinner on Saturday definitely count us in. We're in for whatever everyone else wants to do. Millers Ale House looks like a great choice. Do we need to call ahead and reserve a table?

Yes, highly recommended you reserve. I been to 2 of them (ft Lauderdale & Hollywood), just managed to beat the rush hour at all times. On every way out, however, up to 20-30 people waiting to get in. It is a big huge restaurant and sports/grill bar, but once 5 or 6pm hits, everyone seems to head there.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I had originally planned on going. About the time I was going to buy the ticket my 21 year old son got into a horrible motor cycle accident. He made it through but is badly banged up no head trauma. Curshed his right leg in 3 places. It has been a slow recovery. The guys at my center say if I wouldn't have bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. I just thank god every day. The devil gives me hard knocks but god softens the blow. So I will be on vacation that week will think about you guys often. Have a no several drinks for me. dsm
So sorry to hear this, deepsouth.
deepsouthmamaw, Our daughter is 23, I can't imagine how stressful it would be if she went through something so traumatic. I'm sorry you are facing such a difficult situation. Hopefully we will get to do this again next year so you can come along with us in 2011.Hopefully.

As far as a pre cruise dinner on Saturday definitely count us in. We're in for whatever everyone else wants to do. Millers Ale House looks like a great choice. Do we need to call ahead and reserve a table?
There's no reservations, but I'm in good with the General Manager from my area and I may be able to swing something. I'll talk to him this coming week.

I'm there. Give me an address, and I'll sniff it out. Maybe we can PM or email cell numbers............
Okay, I guess this means I have to bring my Wife along, since the cell phone is attached permanently to her ear, LOL. There will be no smack talking to my honey!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
So sorry to hear this, deepsouth. There's no reservations, but I'm in good with the General Manager from my area and I may be able to swing something. I'll talk to him this coming week.

Okay, I guess this means I have to bring my Wife along, since the cell phone is attached permanently to her ear, LOL. There will be no smack talking to my honey!
LOL Stephen. I would hope you would bring her along anyway. :happy2: I'm not sure but it looks like N. Beach is probably as close as anything.

helenofcalifornia

Our plane lands at 5:30 Saturday evening at Miami, check in at the hotel, so we will probably be a little late. I imagine the earliest we would make it is 7:30-8. Will the party still be going on?

helenofcalifornia

Cool Steve!! Thanks! And for God's sake, don't wait until we get there to order. I will make like Helen Keller and just go from plate to plate and take something off of everyone else' plate. Just Kidding!!! (And you youngsters probably don't remember that Helen Keller movie that I am referencing to.) (OMG!! Just ended a sentence with a proposition!)

And while I have a friendly audience here, could someone please tell me how to get into the chatroom now? I see the middle button down left below, but how do I join "from the left navigation?" I have given up on ever talking to Rocket Man again.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I went to the Miller's Ale House in Jensen Beach for lunch today and spoke to Javier, the manager. He said to remind him the day before and he would call down to the North Miami Beach location and hook us up. Now I just need to know exactly how many of us will be there. HEAD COUNT PLEASE!

helenofcalifornia

My two daughters and I will be there. Could someone tell me what they think a logical time frame is if our plane lands at Miami at 5:30 and we want to check into our hotel at the Airport and then figure out transportation? And where is this place in comparison to the airport?

AGAIN, please, help this dumb truck driver get in to the chat room. I have to remind Rocket to take his meds. I am not getting this whole chat room thing yet. I know once I get the hang of it, I will be OK.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My two daughters and I will be there. Could someone tell me what they think a logical time frame is if our plane lands at Miami at 5:30 and we want to check into our hotel at the Airport and then figure out transportation? And where is this place in comparison to the airport?

AGAIN, please, help this dumb truck driver get in to the chat room. I have to remind Rocket to take his meds. I am not getting this whole chat room thing yet. I know once I get the hang of it, I will be OK.
The airport is centrally located in Miami and a hop skip and jump to pretty much anywhere in Miami. What time should I pick you guys up?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Cool Steve!! Thanks! And for God's sake, don't wait until we get there to order. I will make like Helen Keller and just go from plate to plate and take something off of everyone else' plate. Just Kidding!!! (And you youngsters probably don't remember that Helen Keller movie that I am referencing to.) (OMG!! Just ended a sentence with a proposition!)

And while I have a friendly audience here, could someone please tell me how to get into the chatroom now? I see the middle button down left below, but how do I join "from the left navigation?" I have given up on ever talking to Rocket Man again.
You reach onto my plate, and you will draw back a nub..............................

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If Stepehen's mgr can hook us up then 7:00/8:00 would work. At least Helen won't miss out on anything. OI are you staying near the airport? I'm not sure on my count. I need to check with Doug and see if he wants to go. I can line up some of the transportation. I have to get a car sat. anyway. Maybe I can get van instead. Between Stephen and myself we should be able to get everyone there and back. LOL Will that work with you Stephen? Let me know what you have in mind.