Brown Cafe Bon Voyage Weekend!

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
836E to I95 is a toll road, either .50 or $1, don't remember which, but that would be the quicker way. 826 travels all the way around to North Miami. I think the Doral Ale House is closest for all. It's a straight shot from Miami Beach and close to the airport, though we could all probably hang on the beach for awhile after eating if we do N Miami Beach.

Hmmm, choices, choices.

Oh, another thing I was wondering. How many non-cruiser's are coming? Johney, Deisel? You guys gonna show up? Anyone else in South Florida wanna hang with us on Saturday April 17? Monavieleaker, you coming down? All are welcome, but let us know so that we can reserve the right amount of space.

Id love to but Im on vacation this week :knockedout:

helenofcalifornia

It is becoming abundantly clear to me that I definitely should have flown into Miami either on a Thursday or Friday. I am cutting things way too close. But, damn, I wasn't going to have to eat another week of vacation if I didn't have to. Now, though, I am regretting it. One more year of seniority and I get another week of vacation. Maybe next year, eh?

It is becoming abundantly clear to me that I definitely should have flown into Miami either on a Thursday or Friday. I am cutting things way too close. But, damn, I wasn't going to have to eat another week of vacation if I didn't have to. Now, though, I am regretting it. One more year of seniority and I get another week of vacation. Maybe next year, eh?
Maybe so, next year...don't worry you aren't going to missing much if anything. Dilli is the only one I know of that is coming in before Saturday. Where are y'all staying Sat night? Do you need transportation?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This is your vacation hellen, so don't sweat it, sistah. It's not a big deal when you arrive, just know that when you do, you'll have fun.

helenofcalifornia

Staying at the Sofitel by the airport. Transportation will be needed or we can rent a car. I am going to sit down and think this whole trip through and get all the details down and in ink. My head is all foggy right now with a cold and work has been BRUTAL lately. I am waiting for the day that UPS in all their wisdom decides that instead of four trucks delivering to one city, they only need to dispatch one. I swear to God that is what it is coming down to. How much blood can they squeeze out of us?? Rant, rant, rant. Whine, whine, whine. (And I am posting this in the early evening because I took a sick day to recoup. Used to be Saturdays were that day, but Monday's are unbelievable now. Trp, you ain't missing nothing!!!)

klein

Für Meno :)
Staying at the Sofitel by the airport. Transportation will be needed or we can rent a car. I am going to sit down and think this whole trip through and get all the details down and in ink. My head is all foggy right now with a cold and work has been BRUTAL lately. I am waiting for the day that UPS in all their wisdom decides that instead of four trucks delivering to one city, they only need to dispatch one. I swear to God that is what it is coming down to. How much blood can they squeeze out of us?? Rant, rant, rant. Whine, whine, whine. (And I am posting this in the early evening because I took a sick day to recoup. Used to be Saturdays were that day, but Monday's are unbelievable now. Trp, you ain't missing nothing!!!)

Helen, I really hope you get better soon, but trust me, don't waste your time ever planning a trip.
Even the cruise extursions can be interrupted by rain, bad weather, sea-sickness, or whatever.
It's best to go with the flow, by the day, and hr.

You'll never think you missed something. And everything you do get to take in, is a surprise and a bonus.
(i.E. if you can't snorkel on one Island, do it on the next one)...

Car rental would be a waste of money, seems everyone else has transportation. Save it for the meal :)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
So what's the count at Sofitel? Helen +, OI +, Cheryl +. 8. Stephen, I'm guessing you are bringing your wife. Are you bringing the girls too? If OI can fit 3 in with him and you take 3 then it looks like transportation is taken care of. Are you working that week Stephen?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So what's the count at Sofitel? Helen +, OI +, Cheryl +. 8. Stephen, I'm guessing you are bringing your wife. Are you bringing the girls too? If OI can fit 3 in with him and you take 3 then it looks like transportation is taken care of. Are you working that week Stephen?
Bringing the Wife if she's down with the plan, though I'll bring the running wife if not, so either way I'll bring someone. Gonna leave the kids with the Grands or Mom, so I'll have room for 4-5 if needed. I took the cruise week off but since I'm not going I guess I'll be home sulking, LOL.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I can carry two, but they need to on the small side. The GTO doesn't have the greatest back seat entrance and exit. However, it will carry 4 at 130 MPH if desired...............

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Bringing the Wife if she's down with the plan, though I'll bring the running wife if not, so either way I'll bring someone. Gonna leave the kids with the Grands or Mom, so I'll have room for 4-5 if needed. I took the cruise week off but since I'm not going I guess I'll be home sulking, LOL.

Not sure how far the drive is for you but I will be there thurs afternoon. Come down and visit if you would like too. I would like that. :happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Alright people, I need to know which Ale House and how many people are coming along. I'm guessing 7:30-8:00 will be fine. Am I right?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Alright people, I need to know which Ale House and how many people are coming along. I'm guessing 7:30-8:00 will be fine. Am I right?

Steve,

It really doesn't matter to us which Ale House we go to as we can take a taxi, rent a car or just go with the flow...Perhaps anyone with a strong opinion one way or the other can say so...Otherwise since you're the local with the "area knowledge" you tell us which one is in the more interesting area. Then we can hang out in that area before or after if desired......:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve,

It really doesn't matter to us which Ale House we go to as we can take a taxi, rent a car or just go with the flow...Perhaps anyone with a strong opinion one way or the other can say so...Otherwise since you're the local with the "area knowledge" you tell us which one is in the more interesting area. Then we can hang out in that area before or after if desired......:wink2:
You're not making this very easy, Mistah!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Stephen, you can count 4 here. I am putting Trp and Mrs Trp into the count. Doesn't matter to us either way. Sounds like it's still your call.