Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

over9five

Staff member
. Royal Caribbean now requires a negative test 2 days before cruise instead of 3. Carnival is the same now I believe. May change before NYE.
Here's why I haven't booked it yet. How the heck do I get a test when I'll be at sea?
Carnival has said they want to start testing sites at port for the day of embark. Guess I'll wait a bit, and see what happens.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I booked this cruise today. We had $250 in Cruise Credit so after that was applied I got a Balcony Cabin for $168.00 We also have $600 On Board Credit so it will be fun. Even better I used miles for the flight to Miami so this will be about the same amount I spend on Groceries for the week

over9five

Staff member
I booked this cruise today. We had $250 in Cruise Credit so after that was applied I got a Balcony Cabin for $168.00 We also have $600 On Board Credit so it will be fun. Even better I used miles for the flight to Miami so this will be about the same amount I spend on Groceries for the week
Nice. We were at HMC last month, it was simply awesome. We did get a cabana, well worth it for us, I couldn't take the direct sun all day.
A lot of people don't like Nassau, I do. Hit up the Bearded Clam, Sharkeez, Pirate Republic Brewing, all close to the ship.
Also, $600 is a bunch of money on a 4 day!
Jeez, coming right up too. Enjoy!

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Nice. We were at HMC last month, it was simply awesome. We did get a cabana, we'll worth it for us, I couldn't take the direct sun all day.
A lot of people don't like Nassau, I do. Hit up the Bearded Clam, Sharkeez, Pirate Republic Brewing, all close to the ship.

Nice. We were at HMC last month, it was simply awesome. We did get a cabana, we'll worth it for us, I couldn't take the direct sun all day.
thanks! i got the offer yesterday and was quite happy with it. I am going to start looking at cruises two or three weels out from now on as the prices are dropping to fill the ship

over9five

Staff member
Im thinking of booking Independence. The cruise they canceled on me was part one of a s2s. The second one isnt canceled (yet).
Independence does the same days as Liberty from the same port, so I could still do the second half...
Yikes, this just jumped to $1600! A 3 day, inside cabin? Guess I won't go, and I'll cancel the Carnival one too.

pkgdriver

Left Ft Lauderdale yesterday on Celebrity Equinox. Day at sea today and tomorrow . Two days in Aruba then Bonaire and Curacao. 1000 passengers. Capacity about 2800. 👍

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Nice. We were at HMC last month, it was simply awesome. We did get a cabana, well worth it for us, I couldn't take the direct sun all day.
We will be in Nassau on a Sunday and the Bahamian Government has ordered all bars,shops etc close on Sunday due to Covid. Ah dang make me stay the ship and have drinks lol

over9five

Staff member
Yikes, this just jumped to $1600! A 3 day, inside cabin? Guess I won't go, and I'll cancel the Carnival one too.
And that's what I just did.
So during the pandemic, Carnival came up with a Cheers deal. Lots of repeat cruisers got "RU" numbers (no idea what RU means), but the lower the number, the better the deal. We never got Cheers, believe it or not, I don't drink enough to make it worth it. But we got a REALLY good number, so I used it on the New Years Eve cruise. The deal's long since expired, but they let me transfer it to an upcoming cruise.
$500 for all our alcohol (both of us) for a 7 day cruise. Nowadays, it includes other stuff too. Specialty coffee, that we get every day, bottled water..

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Friends of ours were supposed to cruise today. Tested positive for Covid....
that sux! we just walked in the door from a Four Day Getaway to the Bahamas onboard the Carnival Sunshine. I usually dont take four day cruises but the deal was just too good to pass up.I'll post pics in a bit

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Pics of our cruise ,it was wonderful.We had a great deal of Onboard Credit so i tried some drinks i'd have never try and we ate at the Steakhouse which is something I'd NEVER have done as there is no way i'm paying for food when i can eat for free! The weather was perfect,and we had a wonderful time.
thumbnail (17).jpg
thumbnail (18).jpg
thumbnail (19).jpg
thumbnail (20).jpg
thumbnail (21).jpg
thumbnail (22).jpg
thumbnail (23).jpg
thumbnail (24).jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I love a 4 day! As long as I B2B it with something else...!
we had Future Cruise Credit from a cancelled cruise and the offer was so good that after that was applied it was nearly free. We got a chunk of OBC from the cancellation as well.We flew on miles and used points for the hotel for the stay the night before. I have NEVER had so much fun for so little cash out of pocket.
We are booked on Viking in December for the Christmas on the Elbe cruise.My dream for years was the first Christmas after i retired we'd go to Germany for the Christmas markets