Brownbailout is Working

UPSGUY72

Agreed. I mentioned this on the bailout blog.

800 people polled, from a conservative agenda polling source. And this is supposed to provide accurate information regarding "the publics opinion"

this is a ridiculous statistical anomaly manufactured by a companys agenda who was hired to make up such a number

They are as clever as UPS regarding fudging numbers ;)

I wonder how many 800 people were polled before they could attract a group of 800 to vote the way they wanted?

I could find 800 people in my town to agree with anything I ask them about any question. Anyways there is over 300 million people living in the US 800 is like .00000026 % of the population polled PLEASE

brownIEman

Yes we did, but imagine the groveling our sales reps did thinking it'd make a diff. They were gonna use us anyways- for testing. My center manager was freaking out till the last iphone got delvd. Their must've been a bounus for centers that delvd all phones without service issues.

One driver was asked by our last center manager to report his injury on monday because he had a personal bonus for no inj/no accidents for that month and it would screw that bonus if he couldnt wait till monday.

wow. The way rumors do run and get morphed. There are no bonuses handed to center management for particular issues like injuries and one time delivery projects. The compensation system just does not work that way, there is no vehicle for it.

Now, some operations are given monetary awards for certain periods of safe operations, monies that the managers can spend for things like BBQs or raffle prizes for the employees. It is not money in the manager's pocket.

What may have happened is that the center was due to get say $500 for a center BBQ for having a safe month, and the manager tried to get the driver to wait to report his injury so as not to deny the rest of the people in the center that perk. Either way however, that would be considered dishonesty and the manager should lose his/her job.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lets just put it this way, Fedex has the apple account nation wide, and the last time apple did a major launch, Fedex screwed the pooch on it BIG time on the west coast. Had they not, those phones you delivered and thousands of others in our system would have gone to Fedex again.

We will get the rest of that business, thanks to your hard work and high work ethic, and thanks to the um, not so hard work and not so high work ethic of fedex4life. So thanks to you both!

Thanks brownIEman, this is truly the first "thank you" that Ive heard from ANY management in the last year...this is no joke. This company has gone way off base in the last year, even for micromanaged ups.

kingOFchester

Not sure if anyone knows anything about the polling company "Public Opinion Strategies" that completed this survey. The name in it self should send a red flag to all of us. They have been accused in the past for using push polls to influence elections. From their website "Republican political and public affairs survey research company." Yahoo should be ashamed at themselves for posting a survey such as this. Fred has a ton of money a ton of resources when it comes to business. These resources extend far into politicians and the like.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
winning apple would be a major win. that is like winning LL Bean. We might even put out a press release :)

man i would like to be the sale sguy who wins that account. you would approach hero status

bbsam

Staff member
This has to be one of the silliest threads ever created. The claim that FedEx has "won" the RLA battle is baseless and comical at best. But hey keep pretending FedEx. Just like you've been pretending you are even comparable to UPS all these years.
so if fedex is not comparable to ups then why should we be covered under the same labor laws? duh.:happy-very:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
More like 10 yrs and thank God UPS are all wusses otherwise FedEx might have been in some serious trouble.Managers at my station are practically celebrating.

Brownbailout.com was a great success and i wanna thank they all the guys on this site that helped out by spreading the word including MrFedex.I know hes always trashing Fred and Fedex but he actually helped spread the word bigtime and opened peoples eyes.Nice job!!

As "Sean Connery" used to say on SNL Celebrity Jeopardy. "B-E-L-O-W-M-E". Say it fast so your itty-bitty brain can figure it out.

ups1990

I'am waiting for a press conference held by Senators, that are supposedly behind Mr. Smith, talk about their reasons for being against this piece of legislation. We would like to hear a price tag to US taxpayers for a UPS bailout. I can already see the Senators, talk in circles by not giving concrete answers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think these fdx posters are all Machiavellian in nature. this one is playing games too.

No games,Tie. Nobody wants Smith to fail more than me and I'm not trying to be a dupe for him. Take a look at who is on the Board of Directors, who he flies around the country on our executive jets, and how connected he really is. It was just a few months ago that he was being seriously mentioned as a Cabinet appointee in a McCain administration. Look at what happened in 1996, when a last-minute insertion of FedEx friendly language was slipped into the previous FAA Reauthorization Bill. Here's a guy that is used to operating on his own terms because he can buy whoever he wants, however wrong that is.

Please tell me what is Machiavellian about me reporting news pertinent to the RLA? Smith is the disciple of Machiavelli, not me. I find his lack of morality and ethics truly sickening, and want him stopped. Please consult a dictionary and reacquaint yourself with the definition of "Machiavellian".
If Fred thought he was losing, he'd have tried to cut his losses and kept his few remaining "loyal" employees on board with his agenda. Zero in 2009 and essentially nothing on 2010 means he thinks he's got it in the bag again...just like 1996.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ya. they have a penis envy thing going on. they think the brownbailout con game makes them interesting.

Meanwhile UPS keeps saying FDX who. Brownbail what?

You obviously don't understand Smith nor how connected he is. If you'd like to claim your penis is bigger than mine....go ahead. I want Smith beaten down to a pulp, yet you are trying to paint me as his shill. If UPS and the Teamsters want him to lose, it's time to get as nasty as he has been. While you're serving-up tea and crumpets, he's twisting arms behind the scenes just as he always has. He'll spend whatever it takes, and shake-down all of the Senators who have been the recipients of his largesse over the years. Trips, pay-offs, blackmail....if he loses, all of their dirty laundry will get aired, and they know it. Get a clue. They owe him and he expects payment.

thessalonian13

We have a Democratically controlled Senate and White House that is supposedly pro-labor and Fedex is claiming victory in less than two weeks? I think the time is perfect to change this law. We have already started a letter writing campaign in the Georgia District this week. I don't buy Fedex's hype on this campaign working at all. The vote is still a ways off. Senators don't pay attention to some obscure propaganda website. Its the letters and emails they get from the people they represent that will determine this. I have my letters in the mail and my wife and son are writing them too. Its not over at all.
When will they be voting on this possible bill?

sano

Whoever came up with the whole brown bailout thing is a genius.
Actually, I agree with this. Sounds like a plot line from a Grisham book. I don't agree with it, I don't know that it will work, but I do think for the cards Fred is dealing with, this was a smart angle.

sealbasher

ill tell you right now a fed x driver could not even compete with a UPS driver,i been doing this for 18 years and by UPS methods ive only got better,good luck fed x thats alll u have.

bbsam

Staff member
Comparable on service genius. Think before you respond next time. :smart:
probably depends on who's numbers and propaganda you listen to. fact is we do take your business and generally keep the big ones. before you respond with llbean, check with your bean counters and see if it was worth it, genius.

Highwayman

I think competition is good for both companies. This dust up is all smoke and mirrors. If we get distracted by this customers will be lost.:sad-little: