Brownbailout is Working

tieguy

Banned
Yes we did, but imagine the groveling our sales reps did thinking it'd make a diff. They were gonna use us anyways- for testing. My center manager was freaking out till the last iphone got delvd. Their must've been a bounus for centers that delvd all phones without service issues.

One driver was asked by our last center manager to report his injury on monday because he had a personal bonus for no inj/no accidents for that month and it would screw that bonus if he couldnt wait till monday.

there are no bonuses for such things. there are monthly competitions at the district and region level to eliminate injuries and accidents.

Overpaid Union Thug

probably depends on who's numbers and propaganda you listen to. fact is we do take your business and generally keep the big ones. before you respond with llbean, check with your bean counters and see if it was worth it, genius.

Is market share, which is determined by customers, the "propaganda" you are referring to? I've seen the inside of plenty of your trucks and there aren't enough packages in there to make me believe that UPS has lost that many "big accounts" to you guys. Keep dreaming bozo. FedEx is second fiddle to UPS and always will be.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Back to the topic. Take a look at what's been happening in Washington recently with health care. All of those Democratic politicians supposedly in the tank for a major overhaul are suddenly beholden to the insurance companies who were major contributors, and health care change is being watered way down.

It may be the same with FedEx. As others have pointed out, public opinion matters much less than what goes on behind closed doors in DC. Perhaps Brownbailout.com was designed as a smokescreen....only FedEx knows for sure. But as much as anyone rants and raves or blogs, what really matters on the RLA is how those Senators vote. How much FedEx money is in their campaign till, and how faithful will they be to the Democratic pro-Teamster, pro-labor agenda? When all is said and done, a politician's number one goal is to be re-elected, and their loyalty is to themselves, not the public. The Boeing scheme puts pressure on the Senators from those states where the big B has a presence and pits the IAM against the Teamsters. Brownbailout.com tries to conjure up the illusion of a "bailout" at a time when the none too bright general public goes ballistic over the idea of any more government money going to private industry.

FedEx seems very confident that they will retain their unfair advantage. I suspect Fred already knows who is on his side and will deliver for him when it comes time to vote. As of now, there isn't even any RLA language in the FAA Bill to vote on, and maybe that's the plan. No language means no argument. I called the offices of 2 Senators this week and their aides both confirmed that there is nothing in the bill at the present time. That would be exactly what FedEx wants, wouldn't it?

FedEx courier

There should be a poll done on brownbailout.com about how many Americans think that UPS and FedEx are doing the same type of job. That would put all this to rest. There has been so much bad press about FedEx calling this a bailout that it couldn't have helped them any.An example is this article:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/business/media/10adco.html
How is this a bailout for UPS when UPS brings 4 times the profit margin that FedEx does every year?Sure they are going to declare victory just like they did after they threatened not to buy those Boeing airplanes if this passed.And what happened? A couple months later the FAA reauthorization passes the house by nearly a 140 vote margin. Americans aren't stupid,just because FedEx is calling this bailout because of the negative associations with that word, anyone can look into it for 5 seconds and realize that it isn't.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There should be a poll done on brownbailout.com about how many Americans think that UPS and FedEx are doing the same type of job. That would put all this to rest. There has been so much bad press about FedEx calling this a bailout that it couldn't have helped them any.An example is this article:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/business/media/10adco.html
How is this a bailout for UPS when UPS brings 4 times the profit margin that FedEx does every year?Sure they are going to declare victory just like they did after they threatened not to buy those Boeing airplanes if this passed.And what happened? A couple months later the FAA reauthorization passes the house by nearly a 140 vote margin. Americans aren't stupid,just because FedEx is calling this bailout because of the negative associations with that word, anyone can look into it for 5 seconds and realize that it isn't.

I disagree. The way the U.S. is now, anything with bailout in it and talk of union and also the common demoninator being Americans not wanting to think for themselves and just rip-reading things and believing what they are told, I think this campaign was fairly well concieved overall and that it will likely fool SOME of the people.

FedEx courier

I disagree. The way the U.S. is now, anything with bailout in it and talk of union and also the common demoninator being Americans not wanting to think for themselves and just rip-reading things and believing what they are told, I think this campaign was fairly well concieved overall and that it will likely fool SOME of the people.

You are probably right though anyone could look into this just for a minute and realize it isn't a bailout by any means.Not to mention how can a campaign that bashes the very people who are in control the classification change,the senate, work. I'm just saying that if it becomes controversial enough and further examined in the limelight it will still fool some but not many.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Americans overwhelmingly oppose the proposed government “brown bailout” for United Parcel Service that would give UPS an industry edge for overnight deliveries, according to a new national poll conducted June 2-3 by Public Opinion Strategies for “BrownBailout.com.”

I dont have time to read all the posts. But as usual, the liberal pieces of crap that want to live in their dream world post a poll result that backs their view.

First, lets understand who did the poll and for whom. The answer is above. They did it for BB.com. And the results depend on the questions asked. I can get the vast majority of the American people to say via poll that they dont mind things like illegal immigration, government fraud etc. All depends how and what is asked. You can phrase a question to specifically get the opposite reaction that the person being polled actually believes.

So the whole thing is bogus.

Yes the country believes that government bailouts are not right and should not be done. But when they asked the questions, I am sure they portrayed that what UPS is doing is in fact a bailout, which it is not. So the results mean absolutely nothing. Not worth the paper it is written on.

But when you spend the money to get 70% of 800 people that dont know about what is going on, to respond positively to a premise that is faulty, there is a serious issue with the pollsters.

d

ups1990

I read an article today, about Senator Feinstein of California, having second thoughts on voting "yes" on the free choice act. After being fully supportive for Unionship, she feels that because of our current economic state, Buss. would be hit a little harder and maybe the time is not right for this bill to pass. Yet again, another politician backpeddeling faster than Deion Sanders.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I read an article today, about Senator Feinstein of California, having second thoughts on voting "yes" on the free choice act. After being fully supportive for Unionship, she feels that because of our current economic state, Buss. would be hit a little harder and maybe the time is not right for this bill to pass. Yet again, another politician backpeddeling faster than Deion Sanders.

Smith cant pay his employees a raise for 2 years, but he can spend multi-millions on a sports team...maybe someone can bring this up to the congress. Sounds like the economy isnt affecting him as much as people think!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Then where did they get all of those ground packages they deliver, I'll guarantee it wasn't from the Postal Service!

Most of the ship jumpers did it because of price...period. If ups was the same exact price, most of their customers(especially the ground accounts) would use ups...thats why fred is trippin' right now with all of the negativity. We have been told that if this passes congress there will be thousands of jobs, inside and driving, created because of it. This is the biggest thing to potentially happen to ups since ups received the right to deliver in all 50 states against the post office.

BrownBlue

New Jack
It's always a price only. And when Fred has a work force that works for 30% less in wages and gobbs less in benefits on the Air side, they can go cheaper. With Ground he has fooled his employees into buying all his equipment and payin pennies for piece work, then you can low-ball your services, without improving them. This my friends is why a free-market unregulated fails to provide the best service options for customers, because some slime-ball company can stick it to their employees and offer huge discounts. Fred S has no honor.

bbsam

Staff member
Is market share, which is determined by customers, the "propaganda" you are referring to? I've seen the inside of plenty of your trucks and there aren't enough packages in there to make me believe that UPS has lost that many "big accounts" to you guys. Keep dreaming bozo. FedEx is second fiddle to UPS and always will be.
"second fiddle" and my empty trucks simply mean there continues to be a huge market for fedex, namely current ups shippers. and you don't have to ask me about big accounts, just ask your local sales reps, or upssalesguy. he posts here quite a bit. yes, those trucks you thought were half empty, are really half full. and by the time you see them, we've probably been on the road a couple hours longer than ups. how 'bout that, gomer.:happy2:

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
The only people that care about the work environment, union vs non-union, bad press, airplanes, requlations, ICs, payscale, and benefits, are the employees of UPS - plus A few FedEx employees as well that have bought into the hype invented by UPS.

In the real world of business, it is price. Or price. And, if not one of those two, it is price. No serious business gives a damn about the FedEx/UPS drama - whoever can get the package from point A to point B consistently for the least cost is the shipper of choice.

mungrin

Banned
In the real world of business, it is price. Or price. And, if not one of those two, it is price. No serious business gives a damn about the FedEx/UPS drama - whoever can get the package from point A to point B consistently for the least cost is the shipper of choice.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.This is America,and Americans want good service.DHL was by far the cheapest but thier service SUCKED and looked what happened to them.

If it was only about price then the USPS would be kicking out ass right?Do some research next time,its not just about price.

In the real world of business, it is price. Or price. And, if not one of those two, it is price. No serious business gives a damn about the FedEx/UPS drama - whoever can get the package from point A to point B consistently for the least cost is the shipper of choice.[/QUOTE]

Well we have a carpenter here. Someone actually hit the nail on the head!

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.This is America,and Americans want good service.DHL was by far the cheapest but thier service SUCKED and looked what happened to them.

If it was only about price then the USPS would be kicking out ass right?Do some research next time,its not just about price.

When was the last time you saw a mail truck making pickups? That's why they are not kicking our ass! If you need gas in your car don't you pick the gas station with the cheapest price? If a pkg was not scheduled to be delivered in 1-2 days do you think John Q Public gives a rat's behind who delivered the pkg they find when they get home. They only care about price and that it arrived in one piece. Finally, if price did not determine where you shop (just like our customers and shippers), then why does Wal Mart employ over 1.2 million people in the U.S. and that figure is 5yrs old!