Brownbailout

bbsam

Staff member
It's about time Fedex stepped up to the plate. Enough of playing defense against "Fedex Watch" and their lawyer's class action suits. Although "bailout" is a stretch, it does get people's minds moving in the right direction. What is UPS doing lobbying congress on this bill? Why would the Teamsters attempt to get class action status on cases knowing that class action suits do little for the thousands of plaintiffs and spell millions of the lawyers. Really now, public opinion isn't a venue UPS wants to fight this one in.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Here's a list of Senators with web-forms to contact them.
Thanks for this, I immediately whipped over to both the KY senators websites to enter a message. Not sure who's going to read it to Bunning, but Mitch should be able to make it out. Of course, Mitch's wife's 8-year tenure as Labor Secretary probably did more damage to the labor movement than Fred S....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's about time Fedex stepped up to the plate. Enough of playing defense against "Fedex Watch" and their lawyer's class action suits. Although "bailout" is a stretch, it does get people's minds moving in the right direction. What is UPS doing lobbying congress on this bill? Why would the Teamsters attempt to get class action status on cases knowing that class action suits do little for the thousands of plaintiffs and spell millions of the lawyers. Really now, public opinion isn't a venue UPS wants to fight this one in.

Why don't you reveal that you are a FedEx Ground "IC" that loves FedEx and worships Fred? UPS is lobbying for a level playing field, which would be an obvious advantage for them because it would take away Fred's illegal RLA "subsidy". It would seem that public opinion is rapidly turning against FedEx because they realize UPS isn't asking for any bailout. Smith has just pulled another rabbit out of his butt and is trying a new scam to get his way....I'm amazed you don't see this for what it really is.

Why don't you stop being such a tool for Fred? He's got lots of shills already.

DS

Fenderbender
Is Fred nuts? This little website takes the credibility of his intentions to a low.Maybe ups should buy fedex ground:)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Today was the second day this week we have had a pcm about Fed Ex and the brownbailout. We even got to see the video this morning. From where I am standing, UPS is taking this new add campaign seriously. At least they are not sticking there heads in the sand. We were given flyers this morning to hand out. UPS is offering a 24% discount to any customer that switches from Fed Ex.

satellitedriver

When this bailout site came on line I blogged this;

Steve says:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.(these italics are from the site)
I work as a driver for UPS, 23yrs. I hope the best for all FedEx personnel.
This website, and it's false premise, will come back to haunt FedEx.
It seems like an act of desperation.
Both companies will survive, but, FedEx has taken the low ground.
Where is the clock ticking off FedEx profits?
Best of luck FedEx.
You opened this can of worms and it is time to go fishing.
Best Regards,
satellitedriver

First, I was put in the moderation que, this I understand.
My blog was accepted and posted.
What I do not understand is why is my blog the only one that still states,
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I am too crazy to be paranoid,but this nuance did not pass me by.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Everyone on Brown Cafe needs to flood brownbailout with posts on their blog. They may not all get in but it will keep the moderators very busy. People need to hear the truth and not just all Freds lies.

bbsam

Staff member
Why don't you reveal that you are a FedEx Ground "IC" that loves FedEx and worships Fred? UPS is lobbying for a level playing field, which would be an obvious advantage for them because it would take away Fred's illegal RLA "subsidy". It would seem that public opinion is rapidly turning against FedEx because they realize UPS isn't asking for any bailout. Smith has just pulled another rabbit out of his butt and is trying a new scam to get his way....I'm amazed you don't see this for what it really is.

Why don't you stop being such a tool for Fred? He's got lots of shills already.
sorry, mrfedex. yes, i am a ground ic and proud of it. sorry you can't say the same of your own position. if ups wanted to level the playing field they could start using ic's too

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'd say it is clear by now that no matter how thoughtful, tactful, prepared your comments are ( and I have posted several times myself to be rejected), you will not make it past the censors if it remotely stinks of "pro-bailout:

This reminds me of advertising websites on the 'net.

Take "truecredit" for example. If you search for "Truecredit scam", you end up being directed to a Trucredit run website that has a prempted set of fake posts that tell how great the company is and the services. This is, by example, one of the lowest forms of lying to the consumer. This is essentially what brownbailout.com is doing. Keeping a tidy blog for all visitors to see Fed-Ex through rose-colored glasses instead of reality.

PS, an aside, I signed up for truecredit unknowingly and was billed 25$ for the free month immediately. I then called my credit card company and told them about the fraud, in that it was a free trial and was billed. Not 2 days later after cancelling the service and filing a complaint with the CC, I was stung with 17 charges on my card between $8 and 40$ from Truecredit subsidiaries. You can't trust anyone!

david cassin

dublinbrown
bbsam get a grip level playing field,fred is like someone who lost his toys (republicans).he had his fun for long enough ...playing field...let the employees join the teamsters and lets see fred pay the increases that the drivers deserve..i am surprised at an ic trying to defend fedex and mr smith while he has screwed the i'cs for long enough and has made millions off the back of you all.

P

pickup

I like this line from the page leading up to the blog on brownbailout.com :

Have any thoughts? Let us know what you think about this greedy move to buy a bailout.

Gee, ya think they're trying to tell people what to think?