By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am moving sometime next summer. I know that I need a new bedroom set (will put my current set in guest bedroom) and would like to replace my recliner and sofa. I am thinking that rather than wait until I get to Albany to buy new furniture that I would buy it here and store it until the move rather than haul the old recliner and sofa down there just to either donate it or put it out by the street. I like Ashley Furniture and they do not have a store in the Albany area.

We got the bedroom set and dining room table (new chairs) when we were married and both are still in really good shape. The table has a leaf for special occasions. She was kind enough to give me both of those after the divorce.
Storage is expensive anymore. I'm moving my things temporarily to a storage unit, $205 a month. I love Ashley furniture. That's where I got my sofa and chair and also my dining room furniture.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not that many different furniture stores around here. Well there are but most of the smaller ones get their stuff from Value City so you might as well just buy directly from Value City where its cheaper. The exceptions are mostly the premium furniture stores that are much more expensive.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not that many different furniture stores around here. Well there are but most of the smaller ones get their stuff from Value City so you might as well just buy directly from Value City where its cheaper. The exceptions are mostly the premium furniture stores that are much more expensive.
Value City has cheesy cheap looking furniture.

oldngray

nowhere special
Storage is expensive anymore. I'm moving my things temporarily to a storage unit, $205 a month. I love Ashley furniture. That's where I got my sofa and chair and also my dining room furniture.

That price is insane for storage. Do you get a discount if its in long term storage vs just paying monthly for a short time?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Well, either way, looks like fireworks will be good for Memorial Day.....

It's really not that hard to get drunk and act like an idiot on the internet. I will be joining in the festivities tonight.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That price is insane for storage. Do you get a discount if its in long term storage vs just paying monthly for a short time?
That's because they had to build a wall around the storage facility. The Mexicans that lived in her attic were trying to live in her storage unit...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have room in my "basement", which is actually a finished living area, to store the stuff, but I would prefer to time the order to where they would store the stuff in their warehouse until I am ready to pick it up with a UHaul.

I got the recliner that I am sitting in from their Outlet store. Less than $300 for a brand new rocker recliner. The sofa is also in really good shape, except for the cushion that the cats like to sleep on-----it has a big dip in it. I could probably get that repaired but it will be nice to have new stuff to move in to my new place.

The dining room table is also in very good shape. There is a small hole on the top where my son dug his pencil in to the table when he was a kid but other than a bit of wear on the legs it is good to go. I may get it refinished after the move as I usually eat in front of the TV.

$205/month is a lot for a storage unit. Did you try to find a place that offers the first month free?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That's because they had to build a wall around the storage facility. The Mexicans that lived in her attic were trying to live in her storage unit...
I'm seriously considering hiring some "Julios" today from the UHaul place to help me load my truck. That's what a friend of mine told me once when I was moving, You better hire some Julios to help you move. Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have room in my "basement", which is actually a finished living area, to store the stuff, but I would prefer to time the order to where they would store the stuff in their warehouse until I am ready to pick it up with a UHaul.

I got the recliner that I am sitting in from their Outlet store. Less than $300 for a brand new rocker recliner. The sofa is also in really good shape, except for the cushion that the cats like to sleep on-----it has a big dip in it. I could probably get that repaired but it will be nice to have new stuff to move in to my new place.

The dining room table is also in very good shape. There is a small hole on the top where my son dug his pencil in to the table when he was a kid but other than a bit of wear on the legs it is good to go. I may get it refinished after the move as I usually eat in front of the TV.

$205/month is a lot for a storage unit. Did you try to find a place that offers the first month free?
They offer first month for $1 but that's for the smallest unit. Looked like a larger closet. Lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, either way, looks like fireworks will be good for Memorial Day.....

It's really not that hard to get drunk and act like an idiot on the internet. I will be joining in the festivities tonight.

My son is coming in this afternoon and will be here all week. We will be going to our favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner before he heads out to catch up with his friends. The weather is not looking good for the week but I do hope that it holds so that we can do some outdoor stuff.

oldngray

nowhere special
There used to be a really good Penney's outlet store near here but it closed down a few years ago. Same with the not quite as good Sears outlet that also closed.