Can someone explain this corporate decision?

KOG72

I’m full of it
Saturday volunteers that came to clean up their route for Monday were told that Monday packages were, in fact, not being delivered today. They cut routes, used drivers as helpers, and left thousands of stops in the building. There were plenty of volunteers so each driver could have easily gotten a car with 100 stops.

My theory is that Monday would have been too light if they allowed us to clean up today, so why pay time and a half now when they can just give us an eight hour load on Monday at regular pay. With all the extra loads running Christmas Eve (don't want some snowflake tweeting how UPS ruined their Christmas because their kids' gifts never arrived), they would have been spread too thin with work.

But if I'm blown out on Monday with 250 stops, and they think I'm going to run so I can be home early for Christmas Eve, they've got another thing coming. Estimated bldg return time: 2300
I had air stops today and packages going to the same address but was only allowed to do the Saturday work,I could have easily knocked out all of my resi’s in an hour.

WTFm8

That’s no way to talk to a guy that’s been working 6 days a week since thanksgiving

WDFD

I’m lowest qualified cover in my building. (Technically 2nd lowest as another driver qualified just before peak).

I’ve been delivering 6 days since June. M-friend cover then Sat air alternating 3.5hrs and 8hrs every other weekend.

My building is run by idiots. I filed on the BS and am now waiting for results and back pay along with a few new FT bids being posted.

I didn’t drive a little over 2 months of this year, being forced for local sort paid at PT rate 4-5hrs per night on days not driving, yet still have over 2,200hrs this year and there’s 6 ‘covers’ ahead of me that have 100-200 more hours.

KOG72

I’m full of it
WDFD

I’m lowest qualified cover in my building. (Technically 2nd lowest as another driver qualified just before peak).

I’ve been delivering 6 days since June. M-friend cover then Sat air alternating 3.5hrs and 8hrs every other weekend.

My building is run by idiots. I filed on the BS and am now waiting for results and back pay along with a few new FT bids being posted.

I didn’t drive a little over 2 months of this year, being forced for local sort paid at PT rate 4-5hrs per night on days not driving, yet still have over 2,200hrs this year and there’s 6 ‘covers’ ahead of me that have 100-200 more hours.
One day you will move up and you will not have to worry about that crap

Undertow

A fair amount of M thru friend guys were in today even if they only had 4 hours of DOT time left to work with. Some got to do their areas to have a shot at a better load Monday and some didn't. I walked up to my Monday load and it was pretty sloppy with a half dozen misloads in it along with several businesses loaded in that I know I submitted on the sheet as closed for the 24th. That was somewhat frustrating to see.

I cleaned everything up but there's always about a third more volume and stops that shows up from afternoon today and Monday morning, so it's entirely possible I'll be dealing with another mess to clean up in another 36 hours. It never bothered me all that much to work late on the 24th if all the other drivers were in the same boat, but there's been several times in the last few years where many guys are punched out before 1pm while well over a dozen guys are struggling just to finish. That creates a ton of bad blood and the resentment lingers well into the next calendar year.

GenericUsername

I'm a T-S driver and was told that we're not allowed to work Monday. I mean, wtf. There will be guys out with 14 hour days in our center, the center beneath us was begging for help today from our center, and I'm not allowed to punch in for 6-8 hours to help relieve some of the stops? Morons.

35years

Gravy route
Can someone explain this corporate decision?

At this point, the people making the decisions can't even explain them.
Easy...
40 million behind for the quarter.
Saturday pay will be time and a half (or double time) vs strait pay for Monday. Make the stockholders happy.

Lots of business routes on Monday will have nearly all closed. They probably think they can send those guys to help in the afternoon. Everyone gets 8+ that way, if they actually had a clue how to dispatch.

542thruNthru

Saturday volunteers that came to clean up their route for Monday were told that Monday packages were, in fact, not being delivered today. They cut routes, used drivers as helpers, and left thousands of stops in the building. There were plenty of volunteers so each driver could have easily gotten a car with 100 stops.

My theory is that Monday would have been too light if they allowed us to clean up today, so why pay time and a half now when they can just give us an eight hour load on Monday at regular pay. With all the extra loads running Christmas Eve (don't want some snowflake tweeting how UPS ruined their Christmas because their kids' gifts never arrived), they would have been spread too thin with work.

But if I'm blown out on Monday with 250 stops, and they think I'm going to run so I can be home early for Christmas Eve, they've got another thing coming. Estimated bldg return time: 2300

A long time ago we had a senior driver who was very upset he was going to be out late on Xmas eve.

It couldn't be proven but the driver hinted to some that on purpose he got in a accident with 1 stop left at around 8 pm. His ORS was pissed because he had to come out and document it. The center manager also had his night ruined because the driver requested to go to the the ER because of neck pains.

Can lie it's went through my head a few time when I'm out at 9pm. I'd never do it though.