Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
English broadcaster Piers Morgan mashed Hasbro for the changes, accusing “woke imbeciles” of “destroying the world.”

I used to think Piers Morgan was an idiot but the past several years I've been agreeing with him every time he comes up. It really is Clown World. HONK HONK!

🤡🌎

sailfish

america is mostly liberal but theyre non voters. it probably makes sense corporations are acting this way. what does the polling suggest?
I have no idea what the polling suggests. But I'm willing to bet that most of the people on board with this ridiculousness never knew they wanted it until these corporate hacks started slinging it out in the first place.

rickyb

I have no idea what the polling suggests. But I'm willing to bet that most of the people on board with this ridiculousness never knew they wanted it until these corporate hacks started slinging it out in the first place.
well this is neoliberalism. so youre quite right to be angry.

what happens is we get simulations of courage for example obama was a pathetic example of someone who posed as being courageous but in reality is spineless. hilary clinton is another example because you get the symbol of having a woman president but underneath it all is emptiness and subservience to big money. they use all the rhetoric of liberalism but pass no reforms.

neoliberalism uses this kind of posturing around identity politics as a replacement for real justice. so things continue to be privatized, under funded by govt, huge private debts, reregulation, rich get richer, govt is not hte answer, democracy is more corrupted, etc.

Supersoaker

Proud Republican Against Trump (RAT)
That's OK, most modern Republicans didn't know how ridiculous they were until Sarah Palin, Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson, showed them how.

And the only discovered their mean-spiritedness when Limbaugh, Gingrich and Hannity showed them.

Trump brought the two together.

They were very quick studies though.

sailfish

That's OK, most modern Republicans didn't know how ridiculous they were until Sarah Palin, Alex Jones and Tucker Carlson, showed them how.

And the only discovered their mean-spiritedness when Limbaugh, Gingrich and Hannity showed them.

Trump brought the two together.

They were very quick studies though.
What is your infatuation with Republicans? That was all incredibly specific and had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Supersoaker

Proud Republican Against Trump (RAT)
What is your infatuation with Republicans? That was all incredibly specific and had absolutely nothing to do with this.
I've already explained it.

Does Potato Head's androgeny fill you with rage or cause uncomfortable sexual feeling for you? Maybe both?

Oh I hate that cancel culture so much!

Damn you Hasbro! Damn you straight to hell!