Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

rickyb

Okay show me the superior black civilization during the 1600-1900’s.
Wakanda doesn’t count homie.

There isn’t one, because they didn’t advance quick enough. One of the best civilizations for adapting to western hostilities was Japan. That’s because they had that bushido mentality and knew what was going to happen if they didn’t once that western battleship showed up to “trade”.
i have no idea but you may have the wrong measuring sticks.

tadpole

No but technological advancement means unfortunately dominating the less advanced. Not necessarily militarily but too often that too.
I agree with that. The point I’m trying to make is that saying someone’s culture/civilization isn’t as good as ours can’t be justification for racism.

El Correcto

god is dead
People/civilizations are not inferior because they don’t meet your standards of “advanced”.
You’re in the trenches facing a maxim gun mowing down your fellow tribes men. General buttnaked hands you a spear and let’s you know it’s not inferior because it doesn’t meet your standards of “advanced” and orders you to charge maxim gun.

El Correcto

god is dead
People/civilizations are not inferior because they don’t meet your standards of “advanced”.
They absolutely were inferior or they would not of been crushed. If your society’s advancements don’t match the pace of your neighbors, you’re the inferior society and for much of human history that meant some oppression was in your future.

tadpole

You’re in the trenches facing a maxim gun mowing down your fellow tribes men. General buttnaked hands you a spear and let’s you know it’s not inferior because it doesn’t meet your standards of “advanced” and orders you to charge maxim gun.
I don’t even know why we are arguing. I’m sure we can agree that slavery is wrong, and people should be treated equally regardless of their skin color.

rickyb

They absolutely were inferior or they would not of been crushed. If your society’s advancements don’t match the pace of your neighbors, you’re the inferior society and for much of human history that meant some oppression was in your future.
maybe some countries are more aggressive than others, not necessarily advanced unless youre talking about warfare.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I agree with that. The point I’m trying to make is that saying someone’s culture/civilization isn’t as good as ours can’t be justification for racism.

Just how many blood types are in the human race..? Four blood groups ... and that crosses all racial and ethnic nationalities.. face it we are all alike...

The racial diversion card is being exploited by capitalist elitists on both sides of the political spectrum.

MAKAVELI

You've been smokin that Platinum OG again haven't you?

rickyb

Just how many blood types are in the human race..? Four blood groups ... and that crosses all racial and ethnic nationalities.. face it we are all alike...

The racial diversion card is being exploited by capitalist elitists on both sides of the political spectrum.
always has been their main diversion

El Correcto

god is dead
maybe some countries are more aggressive than others, not necessarily advanced unless youre talking about warfare.
Ricky western society was industrialized, going through the enlightenment, had orchestras, better art, already building large cities and monuments that stand to this day. They were beginning to automate jobs with machinery.
Africa doesn’t compare to that at all and the black race suffered because of this.

I’m not saying black people are inherently inferior to whites. I’m saying whites enjoyed a huge boon during that time period that led to military advancements far beyond their neighbors and opened up opportunities for conquest.

rickyb

Ricky western society was industrialized, going through the enlightenment, had orchestras, better art, already building large cities and monuments that stand to this day. They were beginning to automate jobs with machinery.
Africa doesn’t compare to that at all and the black race suffered because of this.

I’m not saying black people are inherently inferior to whites. I’m saying whites enjoyed a huge boon during that time period that led to military advancements far beyond their neighbors and opened up opportunities for conquest.
part of the destruction of the native indian was they had a competing economic system. the word may be competing ethic i dont know.

so yea maybe we had more advanced warfare which is why we dominated them, we may have more stuff which was more advanced than them, but they probably did some things better than us too.

oldngray

nowhere special
part of the destruction of the native indian was they had a competing economic system. the word may be competing ethic i dont know.

so yea maybe we had more advanced warfare which is why we dominated them, we may have more stuff which was more advanced than them, but they probably did some things better than us too.
Native Indians were a stone age culture. Their economic system was mostly by barter.

But maybe you prefer glass beads. They're shiny!

MAKAVELI

You have a very narrow view of History.
5f44dee63c75aa001e872d08.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
You have a very narrow view of History.
View attachment 330380
When discussing roots of white supremacy, black oppression in the modern day and the colonization of Africa by Europeans, Northern Africa in the Ancient era and Bronze Age isn’t even in the conversation.

I’m presenting a narrow view of Africa because we are discussing a very small but impactful part of it’s history for black and white people today.