Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

MAKAVELI

When discussing roots of white supremacy, black oppression in the modern day and the colonization of Africa by Europeans, Northern Africa in the Ancient era and Bronze Age isn’t even in the conversation.

I’m presenting a narrow view of Africa because we are discussing a very small but impactful part of it’s history for black and white people today.
You're presenting a narrow view history to justify white supremacy.

El Correcto

god is dead
part of the destruction of the native indian was they had a competing economic system. the word may be competing ethic i dont know.

so yea maybe we had more advanced warfare which is why we dominated them, we may have more stuff which was more advanced than them, but they probably did some things better than us too.
They didn’t really produce anything that would be seen as useful in advancing to the modern society we are at today. Africa was a provider of labor and natural resources for Europeans during that time period, that’s about it.

tadpole

western chauvinist
What does that mean? Edit: I just looked it up. While it’s cool that you are proud of living in a certain culture based on a certain religion (I am too), I don’t understand why you choose to call it chauvinism. It just brings connotations to bigotry.

Last edited:

rickyb

Native Indians were a stone age culture. Their economic system was mostly by barter.

But maybe you prefer glass beads. They're shiny!

They didn’t really produce anything that would be seen as useful in advancing to the modern society we are at today. Africa was a provider of labor and natural resources for Europeans during that time period, that’s about it.
i think the europeans brought greed and hoarding to north america, the natives didnt practice that and they viewed some things as sacred like nature.

El Correcto

god is dead
What would you say to the idea that western civilization is in danger of a great fall?
Not while america is willing to elect people like Donald Trump. That man is unapologetic about American superiority to the world and ready to keep it that way.

Biden is too busy hunting down South American parents to come vote for him.

oldngray

nowhere special
i think the europeans brought greed and hoarding to north america, the natives didnt practice that and they viewed some things as sacred like nature.
The concept of the Noble Savage is a myth.

They warred on each other, owned slaves, committed acts of cruelty like many other people.

El Correcto

god is dead
You have a naive view of human nature, natives were doing the same :censored2: Europeans did hundreds of years before them. Waging territorial wars and raping each other.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What would you say to the idea that western civilization is in danger of a great fall?

Thanks to the communists(I don't care what label anyone wants to use) who are sowing division along every line imaginable, even some that they had to make up. Civilizations come and go. Hope everyone is prepared for the tumult. In twenty years people are going to wonder why anyone got so upset over a little chest cold.

rickyb

Not while america is willing to elect people like Donald Trump. That man is unapologetic about American superiority to the world and ready to keep it that way.

Biden is too busy hunting down South American parents to come vote for him.
theres forces bigger than american superiority" you know.

rickyb

Thanks to the communists(I don't care what label anyone wants to use) who are sowing division along every line imaginable, even some that they had to make up. Civilizations come and go. Hope everyone is prepared for the tumult. In twenty years people are going to wonder why anyone got so upset over a little chest cold.
were gonna wonder why we did change our ways to prevent it and future ones!