Can't fire me!

YellowSox

Driver release and shipper release are two different things. So if DR isn't allowed but we are given a sure post shipper release # then it should be okay.

oldngray

nowhere special
You don't need to hit override. You just hit the RelNum button on the bottom of your screen and the shipper release number allows the delivery.

Its not exactly a release number package. That is a little different and a carry over from the days before driver release existed.

Overpaid Union Thug

You don't need to hit override. You just hit the RelNum button on the bottom of your screen and the shipper release number allows the delivery.
Driver release and shipper release are two different things. So if DR isn't allowed but we are given a sure post shipper release # then it should be okay.
Its not exactly a release number package. That is a little different and a carry over from the days before driver release existed.
The RelNum option is exactly what I was talking about. But, like I said, I have only been using that when I have already gotten rid of the package and get prompted for "NO DR" AFTERWARDS. We will be using that more now that we have been told to get rid of all shipper releases packages. I've noticed that customers can get around NO DRs by using My Choice. Check out my post (today) in the "How's the View?" thread for an example of that.

oldngray

nowhere special
The RelNum option is exactly what I was talking about. But, like I said, I have only been using that when I have already gotten rid of the package and get prompted for "NO DR" AFTERWARDS. We will be using that more now that we have been told to get rid of all shipper releases packages. I've noticed that customers can get around NO DRs by using My Choice. Check out my post (today) in the "How's the View?" thread for an example of that.

Did you know that the release number (when you have one) is the second set of 3 in the shipper number in reverse order?

Overpaid Union Thug

Were the words too big?

The next time you have a package that generates a release number look at it to see if it is the last 3 digits of the shipper never reversed.

Why don't you find another forum to be a smart ass troll on? Do you get off on it? If you had made any sense the first time I wouldn't have said what. During the five or so times I've ever used "RelNum" there has never been an issue of any kind. Now unless you having something relevant to add (without being a jerk for once) to the subject why don't you just disappear?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Old N Gray told you how release numbers are generated. I simply asked you to take a moment when you get your next release number to see if he is right.

I'm not going anywhere--deal with that.

Overpaid Union Thug

Old N Gray told you how release numbers are generated. I simply asked you to take a moment when you get your next release number to see if he is right.

I'm not going anywhere--deal with that.
You know damn well that's not what I'm talking about. Don't even try and pretend that you weren't off base (yet right on par with your normal behavior) with your smart ass comment. I swear you've got to be one of the most irritating online personalities that I've ever experienced. You have irritated and even pissed off more people than probably any other posters combined. And the sad part is that you either can't see it or simply don't care. Pompous doesn't really cover what you can be at times.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I stop by the house a couple times a week and unload about 50 boxes from my feeder trailer and then sell the goods on ebay. have been doing that for 15 years. never been caught.

have so much money that I have a vaca home in florida and Alaska and have a swiss bank account .

that beats you flickin boogers at customers.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
What's the craziest thing you've gotten away with at UPS? As an unloader, I managed to get away with angrily throwing boxes out of the trailer and even flicking off and cussing at various sups. (because friend them) And as a driver, Throwing boxes at customer locations more than once, giving customers attitude more than once, Flicking off people as you carry a box across the street, not delivering misloads, dr'ing stuff that cannot be dr'd, giving alcohol boxes to a minor, not doing certain pick ups, having lots of missed stops, etc. I'm a baaaaad upser. I'm sure there have been worse though.

and then you awakened from your dream...and reality was staring you in the face in your mom's basement.