Cell Phone recommendations

Mike57

I have a Blackberry Bold . It has 3G and WiFi Capibilities.It's with AT&T.
I picked up a case ,called the OTTER It's a 3 piece unit., that also has a belt clip.If you drop the phone the case will protect it.

chev

Nightcrawler
Just don't buy it from a preloader in the parking lot of UPS.
:happy-very: No worries there. Those deep discounts are just not worth it.

Btw.... I've been toying around with the phone all day and I love it.
I put a Clearview Skin on the front and clear plastic case for the back and sides.
Clearview skins are the best screen protection you can buy. The military uses sheets of this stuff on the leading edge of helicopter rotor blades to keep the sand from damaging them. Tough as nails.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Motorola phones are very short-lived, in my experience. I am not hard on phones. I don't drop them, they don't get wet. I carry mine in a case in the summer and in my pocked in the winter.

I get a free phone and then it is replaced under warranty until I am due for another free one. For me, even a free Motorola is not worth the aggravation of having to replace it.

In the analog days, I had a casio and it was bulletproof. It was not a flip phone and the keyboard was able to be locked, so no pocket calls.

I long for the simpler days of yesteryear.

TB

That's why I don't have a cell phone, who needs the agravation.

Big Babooba

I got a LG Decoy Special Edition when I renewed with Verizon. Going from a flip to a slider phone took a little getting used to, but I love it! It came with a desk top charging cradle / bluetooth speaker phone. [video=youtube;xtioFWf6r9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtioFWf6r9E[/video]

JohnnyPension

Palm Treo 755P here. Good reliable smart phone. I am on Verizon with a 20 percent UPS discount. I haven't seen that mentioned any where but there are (or were) a few discounts available. Has been a good deal for me.

over9five

Staff member
I still use my Motorola bag phone. As someone else said, if it aint broke don't fix it!

Of course, it doesn't fit in your pocket real well.....

govols019

You smell that?
The LG vx8300 is the best phone I've ever owned. I've got the new version of that phone and I've hated it since day one. I'm already on my second one in six months. The bluetooth stereo is the only redeeming feature it has.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The first time I had a cellphone, I was a realtor and needed one. Do you remember the old gray Motorola that were the weight and size of a construction brick. ??

Ok, I could drive, talk on phone, sip coke and smoke a cig. all while driving. Talk about multi-tasking !!

Nowadays, I don't do cell phones, but the ones I see others use are so small and with such tiny buttons, that I couldn't use them or see them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We dont own a cell,but are considering it.Please tell me if you think this is a good idea.
http://speakout7eleven.ca/pages/rates/

DS, you first should ask yourself how much you think you and your wife will be using your cell phones. It sounds as though you are looking in to pay as you go plans. Do yourself a favor and go to your local Radio Shack and check out their pay as you go plans. You can also go to WalMart or Target and buy a prepaid phone. You get a phone and then have to add minutes to it, usually via credit card.

You should also do yourself a favor and check out one of the major carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc) as they have basic plans which may actually be a better deal than the pay as you go. I have the Verizon family plan, 1400 shared minutes and $.45/minute after that. The kids both have the e-mail plans, which are $29.99/month additional, while my plan is very basic. Our combined bill is approx. $150/month but, if I were to have my own plan, it would be roughly $40/month with our 22% discount. I no longer have my landline so am saving $40/month there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
DS....don't forget to also ask yourself....if 99% of all the others out there have a cell phone, why do I need one too?:wink2:

Channahon

Verizon has a 22% discount on the primary line.

I have 2 phones with Verizon and get a discount on both phones. They are both in my name, but different numbers. So check with Verizon, you should be able to get discounts on all your phones.

Oh, and this Motorola phone that I hate, which is less than a year old, the camera is acting strange. When I try to take a picture, the viewer is showing the shot similiar to a negative, so I can't take a picture. Anyone else ever have this problem?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My daughters boyfriend today was taking pics like that. They came out in negative. It must be a setting.

Channahon,
My son's camera phone takes pictures like that too, so it could possibly be the setting. I don't know why it has that feature, it would be useless to me.