Central states 8 hour request

One day at a time

On this site in the past in regards to 8 hour requests central states.if you are granted the 8 hour day and they dispatch you more than 8 you can bring the work back. I have read the contract book and the supplement and don't see that. Am I missing it or is it in the older books? I was granted one and ended up with 10 hours because of late air is this normal?

Yolo

What do you mean late air? You left the building late do to a late trailer? You should still be off after 8 hours.

One day at a time

What do you mean late air? You left the building late do to a late trailer? You should still be off after 8 hours.
The air was brought out to us way late and I was told that they have no control over late air so there for I was way over my 8 hour day they also said they don't have to give 8 hour days that they just try to lighten the days that people ask for them sounds fishy to me

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
On this site in the past in regards to 8 hour requests central states.if you are granted the 8 hour day and they dispatch you more than 8 you can bring the work back. I have read the contract book and the supplement and don't see that. Am I missing it or is it in the older books? I was granted one and ended up with 10 hours because of late air is this normal?
File on the 2hr over. Then immediately put in another 8hr request since the one they friend*d you over on does not count.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
File a grievance for going over your 8 hour request, you will get paid a penalty pay of 2 hours at your current rate plus a extra 8 hour. Don't let these pricks tell you that BS about not counting because of late air being shuttled out. Go to your steward and have him or her help you fill out the grievance and make sure you put down penalty pay under requested action.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
If it’s last day of month do you carry 8 hr violation to next month or out of luck?
Not that I'm aware of but someone might have gotten a bonus one the following month. Our BA has us call him and them he will instruct us to bring back stops if they don't find a solution to keeping our 8 hour.

542thruNthru

I'm not in the central but some on here I trust have said they've brought stops back.

Also BUG knows the central very well and in my opinion would never give someone false information that could jeopardize their job. So if he says it's true than I believe it 100%.

There is a Central Region JAC contractual interpretation allowing stops to be

brought back on an 8-hour request, as long as the driver gives "a normal days

performance". Meaning.... you can't go out and lay down, then bring back work.

Drivers should make every attempt, to allow the company the opportunity to

fix the problem before bringing back stops. It doesn't happen that often.

-Bug-

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I’m in Central as well. Been told by stewards to send a message on the DIAD informing them you will not finish in under 8 hours, and ask them how you should proceed. They will either send you help, or if you hear nothing you can bring it back per your 8 hour. It covers you by sending that message while giving them a chance to fix their dispatch problem.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The air was brought out to us way late and I was told that they have no control over late air so there for I was way over my 8 hour day they also said they don't have to give 8 hour days that they just try to lighten the days that people ask for them sounds fishy to me
And this was Friday July 31?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If it’s last day of month do you carry 8 hr violation to next month or out of luck?
Do we think there’s even a remote possibility that the OP has enough seniority to get an 8 hour request on a Friday on the last day of the month...yet has no idea how 8 hour requests work in his area?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You won't find it in the contract, but your Local should have a copy of this.

Also BUG knows the central very well and in my opinion would never give someone false information that could jeopardize their job. So if he says it's true than I believe it 100%.

I appreciate the compliment and you know it's the truth. I can always back-up what I say.

Also, our friend @Bubblehead can verify anything.

File a grievance for going over your 8 hour request, you will get paid a penalty pay of 2 hours at your current rate plus a extra 8 hour. Don't let these pricks tell you that BS about not counting because of late air being shuttled out. Go to your steward and have him or her help you fill out the grievance and make sure you put down penalty pay under requested action.

There is no provision in the Central Region for penalty pay.

You can still file a grievance.... but the threat of bringing it back is a much better motivator.

:biggrin:

-Bug-