Changes to RDO

Holydriver

So we all know RDO is going to be history in a few months. No biggy, ORION is better than the nectar of God's balls, so I'm in agreement. But, I've been noticing changes to RDO lately that make it even less efficient than ODO. For example, you used to be able to switch to RDO and deliver the route perfectly, but now RDO with have neighborhoods all out of order so it's impossible to follow.

Has this been an issue with you where you are? Am I losing my mind and being paranoid?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So we all know RDO is going to be history in a few months. No biggy, ORION is better than the nectar of God's balls, so I'm in agreement. But, I've been noticing changes to RDO lately that make it even less efficient than ODO. For example, you used to be able to switch to RDO and deliver the route perfectly, but now RDO with have neighborhoods all out of order so it's impossible to follow.

Has this been an issue with you where you are? Am I losing my mind and being paranoid?
I haven't heard about this yet. So there'll be no more turning ORION off when it sucks? Well I can think of at least one route of mine that will be an absolute nightmare.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Whether or not you can cycle RDO or ODO on and off is irrelevant. If the neighborhoods and stops are all screwy (like they normally are), old school that beotch and stop the truck, set up your stops from area knowledge and experience and drive that magilla like it's stolen. Orion and EDD don't know the shortcuts like we do!

oldngray

nowhere special
RDO follows EDD so they might try to disable it to force everyone ODO but I can't see them completely eliminating it. Until the bugs are worked out they need RDO as an option for when ODO breaks down.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I can't see this happening. Last peak I had half of my work shuttled out to me. I couldn't follow Orion even if I wanted as many of my stops were on the shuttle and not even in my possession.

Never mind, it probably is true.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
RDO isn't going anywhere, the base route has a shell plan that is basically RDO. The reason your RDO is jacked is 100% dispatch issues screwing with shell plans. Even ORION can be grouped to go by RDO for areas. If you need the terminology to group sections of your route by RDO, it's called "celling".

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

I turn it off because it's so screwed up and management doesn't say anything. I do wish they would remove Edd all together because then my stop count would have to go down by 20-30 stops and management wouldn't have a easy solution (just turn Orion off).