Changes to RDO

Holydriver

But it's a program that ignores some realities. They'll be looking to go out of business if they take all decisions away from the driver. They can come watch me unload 150 pieces onto the sidewalk to get one residential pkg in the low 7000 section to save .2 miles.
Ha-ha, it probably won't even save the miles.

Overpaid Union Thug

Probably what will happen is a directive from corporate to turn off RDO which will quietly be ignored after the problems arise. center manager's will pretend ODO is working but they have to meet their numbers so will turn a blind eye at RDO use.
The main problem that will arise will be excess idle time. There will be too many people in each center sitting parked digging for packages for too long. It will be a preview of what things will be like when our trucks are loaded based on Orion.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1460470921.017369.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
The main problem that will arise will be excess idle time. There will be too many people in each center sitting parked digging for packages for too long. It will be a preview of what things will be like when our trucks are loaded based on Orion.

Idle time is parked with engine running. There would definitely be wasted time but under another metric.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How can a young cover driver do this when all he has ever known is ORION?
Well, I hope the board doesn't go down or for some reason the computers in the center go haywire and they are unable to get ORion, because this driver will be screwed if he can't figure out how to pull out a map, or GPS, and look at streets / neighborhoods to make a half-assed reasonable stab how to run the route. This is a basic skill any driver SHOULD be able to do if they made book. If he can't do that, then he shouldn't be a driver in the first place.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Why? It's that much better or you have such a light load now due to too many 9.5's?

Because I follow it stop for stop. I don't get paid to not follow it. They know I will work till midnight. They don't want me out. As of now.. since Xmas No one in our center works later than 7pm. Filed one 9.5. 4 yrs ago. I walk everything off. Back around 20 times a day

DOK

So we all know RDO is going to be history in a few months. No biggy, ORION is better than the nectar of God's balls, so I'm in agreement. But, I've been noticing changes to RDO lately that make it even less efficient than ODO. For example, you used to be able to switch to RDO and deliver the route perfectly, but now RDO with have neighborhoods all out of order so it's impossible to follow.

Has this been an issue with you where you are? Am I losing my mind and being paranoid?

Why the need to switch to rdo? Couldn't you just run it how it's loaded? We don't have Orion so may be a dumb question.