Cherry picking for easy warning letters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tieguy

Banned
your post represents the problem here.

Its not about me getting it or not getting it.

I'm explaining the companies focus on preventing accidents and injuries

whether I get it or not will not change anything the company does.

whether you get it or not may prevent you some heartache somewhere down the road.

Danny I'm not sure you saw this the first time I posted it.
and you are right I've explained it at least five times.
Discuss the message not messenger.

tieguy

Banned
I thought you might take me on a safety rant with this one.

its real simple all of the analysis by any safety source you select will show that individual behaviors is the single biggest cause of injuries and accidents.

UPS believes you can control your behaviors you may disagree and argue that you are a walking victim of circumstances.

UPS taught you how to use the 10 and 2 position to control the vehicle. Proper control of the vehicle can prevent injuries and accidents.

you chose to ignore this training and to do your own thing because you believe you understand this part of the job better then UPS.

UPS disagreed with your assessment and gave you a warning letter for not performing the methods as trained.

The warning letter is bull**** because if you did not decide you were so much smarter then ups then ups would not have to be out there observing you ignoring their training and giving out warning letters.

Your example is exactly why we have to waste our time spying on you. Because you think you know so much more then a company who used a 100 years of experience to develop methods that will keep you safe.

The bull**** lies with you. Do the job by the methods and waste managements time watching you.

Danny,

here is another one you probably did not read.
It gives you insight if you're interested as to why the company is doing what it is doing.
Feel free to discuss the message and not the messenger on this one.

I would be interested for instance in knowing why drivers don't follow the methods they are taught

and I would be interested in finding out why you don't think a steward should encourage drivers to follow the methods and work safely.

If you can't answer to the message and you want to discuss the messenger instead then you'l be happy to know I had a great work out today, terrific lunch and all is well so far.

tieguy

Banned
I think the onus is on all of us management and drivers. The company believes we can control safety by controlling our methods.

to answer your last question I think the warning letters are overdone but I also think we have too many people that don't pay attention to the safety training they recieve. they decided the methods are bull**** and stop doing them as soon as the sup walks away.

Here's another one you may not have read Danny. Seems like my answer is right in the middle somewhere?
Maybe someone can take this message and tell me what they don't agree with instead of crying that there is something I am missing out there in the universe?

tieguy

Banned
Sober your post again shows that you think you have found a better answer on how to do the job. You have therefore rationalized reasons to do the job "your way". thats why you got the attention and response you did. If your center manager believes she could tell you to fix it and you would then you would not get the warning letter. Instead you rationalize reasons to violate the methods and your management knows this. They therefore give you formal discipline.

Here is one you may not have read Danny. With this response I addressed the point that Sober thought the push/ pull methods was encouraged to avoid carpal tunnel. For some reason a professional driver did not know that the push/ pull methods affords you the maximum vehcile control during a turn.

Now I guess the question is why am I missing something here? Should I let sober continue to believe that the push/pull is some BS method meant to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome liability. Maybe I should emulate the manager who's but you kissed and tell Sober that an answer will come to him telepathically from some higher power.
Or should I do the responsible thing and tell Sober that he is misinformed. Even though He may not like the message and even though someone may accuse me of not getting it?

Danny I'm sorry you got caught up in this but you are much better then this. The whining has to stop if our people are ever going to work safely. The attacks against those management folks who have the guts to stand up and tell you you're doing it wrong has to stop if people are ever going to learn to work safely. Buddy if you don't have the courage to look them in the eye and tell them to be safe then get out the way and let me be the bad guy.

UPS Lifer

Ahh and now you're crying out to dilli to save you?

Its real simple lifer. You've been punked.

You came on this thread telling us how you were such a visionary manager.
You got a few people to actually believe you.
I still remember a different lifer one that sent me a PM When you first got here trying to organize the management posters here with you calling the shots.

So I tested you. And it did not take much for me to prove that you are
just as big an A-hole as I am.

Boy! You must be on a binge.... and you must have been on a binge when I PMed you! It is obvious to me that you no longer have a handle on any small aspect of the truth so Aloha my friend ... Karma will take it from here.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli i'm good. Keep giving it to lifer.:happy2:
Tie, have you ever heard the saying, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."? You can't beat the drivers into submission with a baseball bat or with warning letters. Well, eventually you can but it's not worth the hate you are going to get in return. I've had sups and mgrs that talk the way you do. I hated everyone of them and you know what the funny thing is? They are gone. I am here, still working. Doing my job better now because I have a sup that I WANT to work for. A sup that has my respect because he has earned it.

Far be it for me to say what I think............................................... on the other hand, I think I will. You are falling back into your old ways. This past few months you have been all peaches and cream to everyone. That pretty red beating heart of yours is turning black again. Just MPO. :sad-little:

Re-Raise

Ups lifer I wish you hadn't broken his string of posts quoting himself.

I assume his conversations in the real world are just as one-sided.

Lifer I completely agree with you on your point about getting the hourlies to buy into the message.

That would accomplish so much more than any amount of spying or threats ever could.

But that type of reasoning requires advanced brain function that Tie may not possess.

He's just going to muster up his courage , look us in the eye, and say be safe. Brilliant.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, have you ever heard the saying, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."? You can't beat the drivers into submission with a baseball bat or with warning letters. Well, eventually you can but it's not worth the hate you are going to get in return. I've had sups and mgrs that talk the way you do. I hated everyone of them and you know what the funny thing is? They are gone. I am here, still working. Doing my job better now because I have a sup that I WANT to work for. A sup that has my respect because he has earned it.

Far be it for me to say what I think............................................... on the other hand, I think I will. You are falling back into your old ways. This past few months you have been all peaches and cream to everyone. That pretty red beating heart of yours is turning black again. Just MPO. :sad-little:

dilli I don't disagree with what you said, posters here want to believe I disagree with what you said.

its been fun watching all the long winded lectures I'm getting simply because I'm basically explaining the thought process.

Those who really are intimately involved with the safety process realize that while there are a variety of reasons for injuries and accidents ultimately most
are caused by poor methods.

Its not hard to figure out that you probably do a better job of following the methods when you know you are being watched.

thats why the company is doing what it is doing.

shoot me for being the guy that states what should be obvious to everyone.:happy2:

tieguy

Banned
Lifer I completely agree with you on your point about getting the hourlies to buy into the message.

That would accomplish so much more than any amount of spying or threats ever could.

here we go with the mystical management BS again.
With all the methods training being done throughout your career
tell me why you now need someone to solicit your buyin in order to get you to work safely.
Shouldn't staying accident and injury free be the only "buy in" that you need?

I absolutely love this type of argument that you try to make here.
You guys want to tell me what the company is doing is wrong but then use mystical management as the only option you can come up with.

This is why the company is hammering you guys.

Re-Raise

here we go with the mystical management BS again.
With all the methods training being done throughout your career
tell me why you now need someone to solicit your buyin in order to get you to work safely.
Shouldn't staying accident and injury free be the only "buy in" that you need?

I absolutely love this type of argument that you try to make here.
You guys want to tell me what the company is doing is wrong but then use mystical management as the only option you can come up with.

This is why the company is hammering you guys.

Have you ever worked WITH anyone ever in your life at UPS or anywhere else?

I don't need you to tell me to be safe. I do it because I don't want to be injured or killed.

You don't see what everyone is telling you.

Have you ever driven without having your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel while on the clock for UPS?

If you have then you are being hypocritical to say that it warrants a warning letter.

If you haven't , then you are just an arrogant ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
Have you ever worked WITH anyone ever in your life at UPS or anywhere else?

I don't need you to tell me to be safe. I do it because I don't want to be injured or killed.

You don't see what everyone is telling you.

Have you ever driven without having your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel while on the clock for UPS?

If you have then you are being hypocritical to say that it warrants a warning letter.

If you haven't , then you are just an arrogant ****.

Now you have me curious, have you ever tried to communicate with humans before. First time for you isn't it?

would you like a pacifer?

satellitedriver

I'm not sure why we both can't be right on this one?

I can only attest to the facts known to me, as being correct.
The attrition rate, in all levels of UPS, is a known.
I do have many personal flaws.
My major flaw is that I am right, until I can be proven wrong.
You use the term, "on this one".
There is no way for me to distill this morphed thread into "one" single concept of right and wrong perceptions.
On a funny note, while I was reading your post I was listening to "Industrial Disease" by Dire Straits.
Just when I read this,
I'm not sure why we both can't be right on this one?
the lyrics of the song said;
"Two men say they're Jesus one of them must be wrong."
Karma, neh?

evildoer

I guess what's funny is the fact that managers still cling to this safety garbage as if it's the covenant. You aren't doing anything special and you aren't having any impact on safety whatsoever.

You guys are talking to a wall dressed in brown when you preach this trash. Nobody cares about your safety rhymes, this isn't kindergarten. Nobody cares about what you think is a healthy lifestyle, considering every center manager and onroad sup in our building can be seen chain-smoking outside the office 24/7. You guys are a bunch of overpaid, underworked, hypocritical deadwood floating around in a big brown sea. It's no wonder they are buying you guys out -- you are worthless. Stop treating grown men and women like children and maybe you'll earn a shred of respect back from the people you allegedly manage.

I have no accidents and no injuries for my entire career at UPS -- P/T and friend/T. I hate your safety program and I do not endorse it in any form. It will be my honor to reject the Circle of Honor and everything it means when it comes my way -- keep your Century21 jacket.

UPS proved up in the Philadelphia area they do not care about safety at ALL when they sent drivers out during that horrible blizzard this winter. From what I heard they called them back after an hour. The people in the ivory tower in Atlanta forced them to send drivers out. That event sums up safety at UPS for me -- A JOKE.

UPSSOCKS

I guess what's funny is the fact that managers still cling to this safety garbage as if it's the covenant. You aren't doing anything special and you aren't having any impact on safety whatsoever.

You guys are talking to a wall dressed in brown when you preach this trash. Nobody cares about your safety rhymes, this isn't kindergarten. Nobody cares about what you think is a healthy lifestyle, considering every center manager and onroad sup in our building can be seen chain-smoking outside the office 24/7. You guys are a bunch of overpaid, underworked, hypocritical deadwood floating around in a big brown sea. It's no wonder they are buying you guys out -- you are worthless. Stop treating grown men and women like children and maybe you'll earn a shred of respect back from the people you allegedly manage.

I have no accidents and no injuries for my entire career at UPS -- P/T and friend/T. I hate your safety program and I do not endorse it in any form. It will be my honor to reject the Circle of Honor and everything it means when it comes my way -- keep your Century21 jacket.

UPS proved up in the Philadelphia area they do not care about safety at ALL when they sent drivers out during that horrible blizzard this winter. From what I heard they called them back after an hour. The people in the ivory tower in Atlanta forced them to send drivers out. That event sums up safety at UPS for me -- A JOKE.

your a joke and you won't be treated like a child anymore when you stop acting like one... If UPS had to choose between your safety and our customers what do you think it would be? As far as the circle of honor, you don't deserve to be there anyhow. Your center manager and onroad guy can smoke outside as much as they want, because they are higher up on the food chain than you. That's there management given right. While they are smoking cigarettes, they still own you. Disobey them and get in line at the soup kitchen. We cling to the saftey stuff because it saves costs. That's what it is all about COST. It's your job to work safe, and if you don't........ Well you know what happens. That's why you have had such a safe career.. You are scared of management and you have always been. Now make sure your cleaned shaved because we tell you to be, and work as instructed. And when I pull your leash try not to jump...

Last edited:

UPSSOCKS

Socks

Since the powers that be have ruled you are nothing more than a court jester passing yourself off as a village idiot, I see no real need to respond.

BTW, I wipe with better than you have.

Best

d

No you don't and I want to comment on this statement...

"But because of the short sightedness of management with socks as your fearless leader, you have shown that you do not value any input from the hourly"

Your right I don't value your input because it is meaningless.. You work as instructed and that is it. No one of any importance respects anything you say or values it. You can be anything you want to be on this website but in the real world I control you. I make you be cleaned shaved and I make you abide by my rules. In the end game you can say whatever you want but you live and survive by my sword. In the big picture talk is cheap, and so is your services....

tieguy

Banned

I can understand your hatred for the micromanagement side of the safety program and even the memorization stuff though i think you're wasting emotion on something you can't control. However if you earn and reject your membership to the circle of honor the only one you will make look bad is yourself.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
What a clown. I guess you were unable to understand the questions I asked or afraid to answer them.

Wow you are really out there.

I am guessing you live alone.

concentrate or you will get your first warning letter.

I know you're new to this management fighting thing but you should do your homework if you're going to try to fire some shots at me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No you don't and I want to comment on this statement...

"But because of the short sightedness of management with socks as your fearless leader, you have shown that you do not value any input from the hourly"

Your right I don't value your input because it is meaningless.. You work as instructed and that is it. No one of any importance respects anything you say or values it. You can be anything you want to be on this website but in the real world I control you. I make you be cleaned shaved and I make you abide by my rules. In the end game you can say whatever you want but you live and survive by my sword. In the big picture talk is cheap, and so is your services....

You don't make anybody do anything. The guy above you with even less to do makes you make us do things. You would spend your day doing even less than you do now if you could get away with it. The best part of the new safety push that I see is the fact that on-cars are actually out there on the car instead of having pizza back at the center. Maybe they will notice all of the volume THEY pissed away with their decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.