Company Vote Yes blitz

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 542thruNthru, Sep 26, 2018.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

My building for the last 3 days has been stopping people at the entrance to hand out information and tell you to Vote yes.

We've also had PCMs (which we rarely have here) to tell us that this contract is great and that we all need to vote and that a Yes vote is a huge win for us (union).

They have hinted at a strike and are even telling people a non vote will be counted as a NO so we need to vote.

To be honest I think its done more harm then good. I mean really, who trust the company?

Anyone else seeing this at their building?

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

They did it for a minute but I think the realized everyone voted no as soon as they got their ballots. Took me maybe 3 mins from the time I called to hanging up to vote.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. 542thruNthru

They seem to be targeting the new hires and young drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Over disciplined0123

Over disciplined0123 Active Member

Yes very pathetic

5. Wontmake9.5

Wontmake9.5 My job is fun

@542thruNthru do you keep your insurance if we go on strike?what will your cobra be if we go on strike? Have you talked to you ba? I bet you don’t know. People need these questions answered. Also why is the sky blue? Are we all in a matrix just waiting to wake up? These are questions my people need to know. Thanks in advance.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. 542thruNthru

When I talked to Andy M he told me that we keep our insurance for the first week and then lose it the following if we do not work.

I don't know what my cobra will be but what every it is I'll pay it because I'll only need it in a emergency.

Yes I talk to my BA all the time.

The sky is blue because sunlight reaches Earth's atmosphere and is scattered in all directions by all the gases and particles in the air. Blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time.

Yes we are all in the matrix but who cares. I don't want to live in a dead planet anyways.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. Wontmake9.5

D0981376-EF4B-446D-A737-986AB3791E6D.gif

8. 542thruNthru

tumblr_mw48r54hpH1sp4nfqo6_250.gif

9. Wontmake9.5

87C28140-53E2-43D0-8453-BBAC5533BC7D.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

Yes I have had the same thing happen here as well in regards to the vote yes propaganda the local and company have been pushing. This week I have not had any flyers or local reps at our building, wish they would show up this much during the rest of the year.

11. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

The union wants this contract, why in the world would they go on strike if it’s voted down? This strike talk blows my mind.

12. If a strike happens. Am I forced to miss work??
    Because I am living one paycheck to another??
    Especially since UPS didnt pay me for two weeks.

13. Yes

14. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

I'm sure the company would find something for you to do.

Just don't plan on coming back afterwards.

15. Why what happens afterwards??

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

IMG_7446.JPG

Poor senior had no idea junior would be the one to give up everything that was won.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

That means you would be a scab and treated as such, union and company would have no respect for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

As a scab, you would not be welcomed with open arms by either your co-workers or the company.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. Just A UPS Guy

Just A UPS Guy Active Member

giphy (3).gif

20. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

Surely a “special UPS operator” is making mad cash yo! If you are living paycheck to paycheck, who’s fault is that??