Company Vote Yes blitz

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My building for the last 3 days has been stopping people at the entrance to hand out information and tell you to Vote yes.

We've also had PCMs (which we rarely have here) to tell us that this contract is great and that we all need to vote and that a Yes vote is a huge win for us (union).

They have hinted at a strike and are even telling people a non vote will be counted as a NO so we need to vote.

To be honest I think its done more harm then good. I mean really, who trust the company?

Anyone else seeing this at their building?

Not happening in our building or local..Our "Local" has been on the company's and international's radar for decades as "one of those locals"...Malcontents or not a Team Player....

Everybody is basically doing their jobs with that look in their eyes, not saying a word about this contract...Kind of scary..

Only a week left and we will all find out...relax 8-)

542thruNthru

Had another special PCM today about how everyone needs to Vote. My center manager told every one to think of yourself and your family. That this company has always encouraged people to vote.

I over heard him saying to our OR that if this contract gets voted down that he just knows the first thing this company will do is cut management that has been here forever.

So he's scared.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had another special PCM today about how everyone needs to Vote. My center manager told every one to think of yourself and your family. That this company has always encouraged people to vote.

I over heard him saying to our OR that if this contract gets voted down that he just knows the first thing this company will do is cut management that has been here forever.

So he's scared.
The thought process is get the uninformed crowd to vote. They will vote yes.

542thruNthru

The thought process is get the uninformed crowd to vote. They will vote yes.

I thought sort of the same thing. I think they want the people that don't usually vote because they don't care they just want to work to help them pass this contract.

It's smart but at the same time it may backfire on them badly.

BrownRecycler

So he's scared.

Tell them to shut up and quit being a wimp. If the contract is that good, why the heck need to educate people to vote YES? It is probably obvious that it doesn't need a "reminder".

browntroll

i have seen a few flyers in my hub about it voting but havent had pcm about it yet. the flyers
were handed out during a different shift since they were all over the floor.

Brownpride

My building for the last 3 days has been stopping people at the entrance to hand out information and tell you to Vote yes.

We've also had PCMs (which we rarely have here) to tell us that this contract is great and that we all need to vote and that a Yes vote is a huge win for us (union).

They have hinted at a strike and are even telling people a non vote will be counted as a NO so we need to vote.

To be honest I think its done more harm then good. I mean really, who trust the company?

Anyone else seeing this at their building?
I just stopped for that free Starbuck's coffee. Acted like a had no idea voting was taking place lol and just listened to all the BS they tried to feed me .

Coldworld

60 months and counting

So he's scared.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

So he's scared.
They would never screw their “partners”....lmao

polyp

You remember back in middle school? When you had to throw together a presentation board out of tri-fold cardboard for science class? But you didn't want to, and you knew no one would show up to look at it anyways, so you phoned it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in?

That's what was at the front of our hub yesterday, laden with reasons to Vote YES.

On the way in, it was accompanied by a perplexed sort manager who seemed genuinely confused why people were being hostile.

PCM centered around how we should go look at it.

On the way out, it was stuffed in the corner, forgotten.

All in all, as good a use of managements' time as any other I guess.