Congratulations UPS

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You could be right. Though people have been talking about all this contract how many people would cross the picket line and that's as us all together. How quickly do you think drivers would cross for a mere part-timer?

They should think very carefully.
They think we misload a lot now...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You could be right. Though people have been talking about all this contract how many people would cross the picket line and that's as us all together. How quickly do you think drivers would cross for a mere part-timer?
Certainly depends on where you are but I promise the couple guys that would cross here would hate life afterwards.

542thruNthru

Debbie Upper

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!
RegularColorfulGordonsetter-size_restricted.gif

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
You could be right. Though people have been talking about all this contract how many people would cross the picket line and that's as us all together. How quickly do you think drivers would cross for
You guys are missing the main point....if our contract is weakened by the lack of involvement by the part timers, the answer may lye with removing them from it. Besides seeing as their involvement is minimal, then I doubt they’d ever have an issue with theirs not passing.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You guys are missing the main point....if our contract is weakened by the lack of involvement by the part timers, the answer may lye with removing them from it. Besides seeing as their involvement is minimal, then I doubt they’d ever have an issue with theirs not passing.

What great brotherhood.

"If we just kick the part timers off the team, the team gets better, right?"

I'm sure you'll improve morale by no longer even pretending that we are all on the same side.

Last edited:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
What great brotherhood.

"If we just kick the part timers off the team, the team gets better, right?"

I'm sure you'll improve moral by no longer even pretending that we are all on the same side.
Pull your head out Einstein....it’s the part timers who have failed us. Feel free to volunteer your services in negotiating their contract if your conscious concerns you.

Johney

Problem with having two contracts is we lose out strength in numbers if we ever were to actually strike. It's much easier to fill our positions when they don't need to fill the others. Filling 60,000 is much easier then 250,000

I'm pretty sure each side would honor the others strike.

Of course Brownslave is right. The pilots honored our picket line in 97 which made a huge point.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I freely admit to misloading.
Most preloaders have done it before.
(Shocking, right?)

But if drivers were to be scabs, then sure. Yep. I'll have misloads for 'em on purpose.
Here’s a shock to you.....a lot of us came from the preload. Your lack of concern for not doing your job is emblematic of why you and your fellow part timers are viewed the way you are. When I loaded we cared....we actually understood that the trucks were a representation of who we were. Which we valued.....evidently character and pride has gone extinct. All the more reason why you don’t deserve to be apart of my contract.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Here’s a shock to you.....a lot of us came from the preload. Your lack of concern for not doing your job is emblematic of why you and your fellow part timers are viewed the way you are. When I loaded we cared....we actually understood that the trucks were a representation of who we were. Which we valued.....evidently character and pride has gone extinct. All the more reason why you don’t deserve to be apart of my contract.

A, BS.
B, you literally just said "hey let's throw the part timers out".

So yeah. As stated in my quote, "if" drivers were to throw us out of the union, I'd do everything I could to make their lives hell.

I take pride in my work. I take pride in my brotherhood.
What would your thoughts be if the drivers of your day decided to throw you out?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
A, BS.
B, you literally just said "hey let's throw the part timers out".

So yeah. As stated in my quote, "if" drivers were to throw us out of the union, I'd do everything I could to make their lives hell.

I take pride in my work. I take pride in my brotherhood.
What would your thoughts be if the drivers of your day decided to throw you out?
Read my post again....I never suggested removing part timers from the union. My suggestion was for you to have your own contract specific to your issues and concerns.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
If the rumblings are accurate then this contract is a done deal. What’s that mean?!?! While there are certain gains in some areas for the union, the real winner is UPS. Think about the 25% ratio for 22.4’s alone. My building has roughly 400 FT drivers, that means the next 125 drivers hired can contractually be 22.4’s. That would take the number to 500 thus meeting the 25% mark. Some of us could quite possibly never see another regular driver hired again in our future. Zero overtime protection, which has and will result in a “zero” OT mandate for us as well as no language in regards to work week days.

So yeah....the union has successfully been played by the superior foe, UPS. Now as mentioned in previous posts the slow, consistent, and guaranteed degradation of the union has begun.

Sad day in deed.
It is sad
Hope they at least go back to the table
Glad I am already full time
We could have really made UPS sweat on this one and we blew it