Continuing Reagan’s failed War on Drugs.

El Correcto

god is dead
Exactly where would we be without Lincoln sending in the army when the South rebelled?
Think we would still be tarnishing the vision of some of the great men that founded this country. The ones who truly believed all men were created equal but had to compromise their morales to appease racist mother:censored2:ers to form the greatest nation the world has ever seen. A land of equality, opportunity and freedom. A government of negative rights, that should not over reach its boundaries and subjugate any of its people under tyranny.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Think we would still be tarnishing the vision of some of the great men that founded this country. The ones who truly believed all men were created equal but had to compromise their morales to appease racist mother:censored2:ers to form the greatest nation the world has ever seen. A land of equality, opportunity and freedom. A government of negative rights, that should not over reach its boundaries and subjugate any of its people under tyranny.
Wow!

vantexan

Where did I say businesses shouldn’t pay their federal taxes to support the government that provides safety to conduct their business?
Brown v. Board of Education - Wikipedia, the fourteenth admendment of the constitution. Equal Protection Clause - Wikipedia is what ended segregation.

That land, for better or worse, is becoming privatized. Slowly yet surely our monuments will be sold and parks open to being privatized.
Oh you were just going on about how the Federal government doesn't have the right to do this or that so I pointed out it's been that way forever. This is news to you?

vantexan

It wasn't that at the start but it was better than what they came out of in Europe. The question is which direction do we go now?

El Correcto

god is dead
As of November 2017 the majority of people in federal prison are there for drug offenses at 46.3% of offenders (almost 80,000 people)a not so close second is weapons and arson at 17.3%.

77% of all drug users will enter back into prison within 5 years of release.

Once a criminal, always a criminal?
BOP Statistics: Inmate Offenses

Chicago is a horrible place because of prohibitions and the drug war. You create a black market environment for commerce it gets violent and is fueled by cartels and terrorist groups.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-mexican-cartels-prey-on-chicagos-chaos
Mass Incarceration: The Whole Pie 2016

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It's not nice to accuse someone of being dishonest.
It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals

From the TOS:
Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Didn't @hyena get in trouble for spamming the site with something like this?
You're losing it old man

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm watching "Black America Since MLK: And Still I Rise".
It does a good job of presenting the racial discrimination inherent in USA Drug Laws.

Although I feel no personal shame for this, it is a shame.

For instance, the disparity in mandatory sentences for 'crack' versus 'powder cocaine'.
The chemical makeup is identical and the same urine test is used for both.
Crack was used primarily by blacks and powder cocaine was used by whites.
The same sentence (5 years mandatory) is in the law for powder cocaine for 100 times the amount for crack.

Bill Clinton presided over the largest increase in federal and state prison inmates of any president in American history. He did not declare the war on crime or the war on drugs—those wars were declared before Reagan was elected and long before crack hit the streets—but he escalated them beyond what many conservatives had imagined possible. He supported the 100-to-1 sentencing disparity for crack vs. powder cocaine, which produced staggering racial injustice in sentencing and boosted funding for drug-law enforcement.

El Correcto

god is dead
Opportunity? Didn’t you say that you knew 30 years ago that this country was no place for a working man, and that you knew you wouldn’t be able to retire in the US?
I don’t think so, wasn’t alive thirty years ago. If you are talking about 30 years into the future, then yeah. I believe UPS is heading in the wrong direction. Doesn’t mean there isn’t opportunity elsewhere.

rickyb

greenwald gives his take on alcohol. i find alcohol to be much worse than weed. ive thrown up on weed and i wasnt hung over next day. i get hungover pretty easily on alcohol.

Glenn Greenwald‏Verified account @ggreenwald 3h3 hours ago

Without intending this in any way to be a commentary on the Kavanaugh matter: alcohol is one of the most destructive drugs that exist - far worse than at least several that are illegal - and yet remains acceptable while people are arrested & jailed for more benign substances.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Israel has the longest running scientific repository on Cannabis and CBD in the world going back to the 1950’s and so far there are NO signs of it being anything but safe

That does NOT say it has magical disease curing power but it is safe

If the plant is vaporized and not incinerated as in vaping vs. smoking then the safety margin increases MANY fold. The issue is not the plant the negative issues come from the incineration process. Similar to tobacco smoking and or smoking many other things like hashish and the like the huge danger is the by-products of incineration

Remove that risk but either chemically removing the desired compounds or using them at lower temperatures and the science suggests that cannabis is quite safe and shows POTENTIAL value in pain and seizure control. As far as curative potential the jury is still very much out on that. There is really no evidence it cures anything including but not limited to cancer and diabetes

We have MANY hundreds of patients using the CBD extract from cannabis for nausea and pain control but so far have seen no negative side effects and no resolution of their cancer but we didn’t expect that either

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-dangerous-is-cannabis/answer/Dave-Light-3/answer/Dave-Light-3

Last edited by a moderator:

El Correcto

god is dead
Israel has the longest running scientific repository on Cannabis and CBD in the world going back to the 1950’s and so far there are NO signs of it being anything but safe

That does NOT say it has magical disease curing power but it is safe

If the plant is vaporized and not incinerated as in vaping vs. smoking then the safety margin increases MANY fold. The issue is not the plant the negative issues come from the incineration process. Similar to tobacco smoking and or smoking many other things like hashish and the like the huge danger is the by-products of incineration

Remove that risk but either chemically removing the desired compounds or using them at lower temperatures and the science suggests that cannabis is quite safe and shows POTENTIAL value in pain and seizure control. As far as curative potential the jury is still very much out on that. There is really no evidence it cures anything including but not limited to cancer and diabetes

We have MANY hundreds of patients using the CBD extract from cannabis for nausea and pain control but so far have seen no negative side effects and no resolution of their cancer but we didn’t expect that either
That Rick Simpson guy convinced me. If I ever get skin cancer I’m just going to sit on my ass and smoke hash while I rub the extract all over my body.

I really don’t need much convincing to start smoking weed again if I’m dying from cancer.

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-dangerous-is-cannabis/answer/Dave-Light-3