Contract Negotiations

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Not really, most on here don’t think the union has done enough for them. I disagree, they’ve provided me with a great life but a lot of posters on here think they should get rich driving a delivery truck.
You should want to get rich in whatever you do in life. If you want to settle in life go work somewhere else and never ask for a raise. If the company prospers why shouldn't we prosper

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The majority of Americans probably need a job that makes them feel like its killing their body. The reality is, most are killing their body on their own, and blame physical labor for their injuries. You learn right away what this job entails, and if you don't prepare yourself properly, then you are likely to get taxed.
This job used to entail handling an overweight a couple times a week now it's multiple times per day.

One can only prepare their body so much for wear and tear. Professional athletes are in as good a shape as you'll find and they still suffer wear and tear injuries.

Brownslave688

Not really, most on here don’t think the union has done enough for them. I disagree, they’ve provided me with a great life but a lot of posters on here think they should get rich driving a delivery truck.
Considering wages have done little more than keep up with inflation for years now I don't think anyone is expecting to get rich.

This generation of ups drivers is about as well off as the previous generation of drivers.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So almost $36hr isn’t enough?
Is the company profitable at that wage? Yes they are. This company doesn't hesitate to pay 50 plus an hour. The contract is more than just wages too. That's what you seem to be overlooking.
Harassment, excessive overtime, full-time opportunities for part-timers, Healthcare, pensions, safety standards in the buildings and on package car, and quality of life while you are working. The list of things are endless. Wages for full timers are a tiny fraction of what is in the contract

Brownslave688

Is the company profitable at that wage? Yes they are. This company doesn't hesitate to pay 50 plus an hour. The contract is more than just wages too. That's what you seem to be overlooking.
Harassment, excessive overtime, full-time opportunities for part-timers, Healthcare, pensions, safety standards in the buildings and on package car, and quality of life while you are working. The list of things are endless. Wages for full timers are a tiny fraction of what is in the contract
I think most guys would take a pay cut or at least a pay freeze to spend more time with their family.

The issue is if the company continues to expect what they do (which they will) we should continue to be compensated as such.

Brownslave688

That’s unreasonable and unrealistic, I didn’t say anything about not getting a raise. I want a raise but also would like stock discount raised.
The stock discount really doesn't mean much since you have a 2 year hold before you can take advantage of it.

Even with a 10% discount there are much better investments out there.

Also as @Turdferguson pointed out it's not a contract issue.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I think most guys would take a pay cut or at least a pay freeze to spend more time with their family.

The issue is if the company continues to expect what they do (which they will) we should continue to be compensated as such.

It would be my guess that pay is the easiest thing to negotiate, it's all the other parts of the contract where the fist fights start

babboo25

Banned
$50 hr? Insanity