Contract Question - PT Pay

NewbieHopeful

Have a question about the National Contract. For PTers, starting pay is $13/hour, then it says Aug 2019: $14/hour. Does that mean that you get the raise to $14/hour on 8/1/19 no matter when you started, or is it a year after starting? I started in the middle of February, am in my fourth week, so will reach seniority in 2 more weeks after this week (30 working days). Thanks!

NewbieHopeful

Thanks upschuck - I appreciate it, and that's definitely nice to know :) Just curious, does that mean that someone who starts 7/31/19 would be $13 for 1 day and then $14 thereafter? Does someone who starts on 8/2/19 start at $13 or $14? Doesn't affect me either way, just curious. Some of the contract verbiage is difficult to comprehend, but I'm reading and trying to learn!

Superteeth2478

Thanks upschuck - I appreciate it, and that's definitely nice to know :) Just curious, does that mean that someone who starts 7/31/19 would be $13 for 1 day and then $14 thereafter? Does someone who starts on 8/2/19 start at $13 or $14? Doesn't affect me either way, just curious. Some of the contract verbiage is difficult to comprehend, but I'm reading and trying to learn!
Presumably that would be the case. It would be like any raise, really. Like when a progression raise kicks in in the middle of the week and you look at your paystub and some of the hours are paid at a lesser pay rate and some at a higher pay rate. Good on you for reading the contract, but don't stop just at wages. Learn more. Enforce it. Especially the part in Article 3, Section 7. Just be sure you've made your thirty days first.

NewbieHopeful

Presumably that would be the case. It would be like any raise, really. Like when a progression raise kicks in in the middle of the week and you look at your paystub and some of the hours are paid at a lesser pay rate and some at a higher pay rate. Good on you for reading the contract, but don't stop just at wages. Learn more. Enforce it. Especially the part in Article 3, Section 7. Just be sure you've made your thirty days first.

I've read the whole thing. What I understand...is a different story :) But I'll get there, and keep asking questions until I do! Thanks again for the help.