Contract rumor.

bbsam

Staff member
I asked how many routes he owns. He replied 9. I congratulated the lad for being a successful entrepreneur. It was a tad off topic, but didn't feel like going threw the PM motions for a simple question and a nod of acknowledgement.

Than you sir. I would like to say it was all planned, but my UPS career ended ignominiously with a nasty crack addiction. Hardly planned.:)

bbsam

Staff member
Grace...and a government that picked up the cost of a treatment center that I could never have afforded...oops.:)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

FedEx Ground has more than 50 employees that are not subcontractors so yes Obamacare will affect employees at FedEx ground. The individual mandate will force will FedEx Ground contractors to either purchas health insurance or pay the fine. Thats how Democrats help working class uninsured Americans.

This is untrue. The average contractor has 3-4 employees. The only true Ground employees work in the hub.

Atomic_Smurf

This is untrue. The average contractor has 3-4 employees. The only true Ground employees work in the hub.

You guys really seem to be struggling with this one. It's not really all that difficult. FedEx Ground has employees that arent contractors & aren't hired by contractors. It would include managment, customer service techs, sales people, etc. Pretty sure FedEx Ground has more that 50 non-driving, non-contracor employees. Geeez....

thedownhillEXPRESS

You guys really seem to be struggling with this one. It's not really all that difficult. FedEx Ground has employees that arent contractors & aren't hired by contractors. It would include managment, customer service techs, sales people, etc. Pretty sure FedEx Ground has more that 50 non-driving, non-contracor employees. Geeez....

And you've been told time and time again they already have coverage.

bbsam

Staff member
Government gets the glory while the tax payers get the bill. Congratulations though. Happy for your 2nd chance at life.

Thank you. Actually, without getting all religious about it, it (including the government) all proved to be a "God thing". Mostly I was in the right place at the right time and with a combination of desperation and "nothing left to lose", stepped up to the challenges along the way. It has been great though.