Contract Talks begin 27-September-2012

PobreCarlos

PgiSkin;

Not necessarily; I'm fully aware of union pension funds that are well-managed and well-funded. On the other hand, there have been problems. The USW plan went insolvent, as I recall, and we're all aware of the problems the UAW pension has had of late. The Teamsters - at least in several of their plans - have had major problems because they couldn't sustain contributing employers, thus putting even more pressure on those remaining. Of course, that makes those remaining less viable as well, and they tend to fall like dominoes, creating a self-perpetuating problem.

Anyway, one can understand why unions want involvement in their pension trusts. Unfortunately, their involvement isn't always best for those covered. Even more unfortunately, plans like the Teamsters Central States have been saddled with problems since virtually the day they were created.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When you typed out this post, you didn't find it even the slightest condescending and insulting if you reversed the situation?

It was meant to be funny ... Don Rickles is my favorite comic.

The motivation was that I had to go back and read it 5 times (as I remember) before I fully comprehended it and put it all together.

It was more about me but I doubt if many people could just read it once through at average speed and fully put it all together.

As you see demonstrated here, I use paragraphs and a CR to separate new developing thoughts for clarity sake.

BTW, I think Pobre does not do a very good job of trying to make his points clear and tie them together to present a unified message. I'm sure it's clear to him but not to me at times.
I probably have to reread his posts more than anybody else.

It use to be RocketMan but I finally got the gist of his posting style and miss the old rocketman.

govols019

You smell that?
All of his posts say the same few things:

.UPS should rid themselves of the Teamsters
.The Teamsters, and the Teamsters alone, caused the loss of unionized trucking companies
.His position at UPS was higher than you think
.He like to *wink* and *smile* a lot.

PobreCarlos

Hoaxter;

Yes, I see your point.

No doubt one should express his thoughts via the repeated use of one-sentence paragraphs.

Not only does it make for better clarity, but it's more grammatically correct as well!

That's something we all learned at the "six grade level", isn't it?

I wonder how I could have forgotten!

Do you think I should sign-up for a remedial English class?

UPSSOCKS

The big question is;

What will the Teamster brass hide from their ignorant workforce this time?

The follow up question will be;

How many of you will even realize that you are being robbed? I know one thing that won't change..... DUES!!!!

whiskers

He wasn't insulting your post, I took it more as him giving you a compliment. It takes an intelligent person to understand what you wrote, I read a few sentences that were over my head and gave up, but thats not saying much.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxter;

Yes, I see your point.

No doubt one should express his thoughts via the repeated use of one-sentence paragraphs.

Not only does it make for better clarity, but it's more grammatically correct as well!

That's something we all learned at the "six grade level", isn't it?

I wonder how I could have forgotten!

Do you think I should sign-up for a remedial English class?

Nice job ... I really like this.

I understood everything with the first read through.

Thanks