contract update

Brokedownandbrown

UPS Bargaining Update

November 2, 2012: The International Union is maintaining an information Brownout as contract negotiations continue.
The Teamster National Negotiating Committees held two series of bargaining sessions from Oct. 15-18 and Oct. 22-25 in St. Petersburg, Florida. But the International has not issued any bargaining update to the members since the first negotiating session in September.

{edited in}More: http://makeupsdeliver.org/ups-bargaining-update/

Last edited by a moderator:

jaker

trolling
Was talking to my sup today and he said we will be paying for our insurance next contract

I just gave him the stink eye but got to admit makes you kinda wonder what mangment knows and what they talk about

Indecisi0n

Was talking to my sup today and he said we will be paying for our insurance next contract

I just gave him the stink eye but got to admit makes you kinda wonder what mangment knows and what they talk about

If anything they will make new hires pay for a portion of their benefits and slowly up the percentage every so often. I can't see the union allowing the company to change existing benefits across the board.

Was talking to my sup today and he said we will be paying for our insurance next contract I just gave him the stink eye but got to admit makes you kinda wonder what mangment knows and what they talk about
There is no chance of this in this coming contract. This is for sure.

DorkHead

I didn`t know your sup was on the negotiating committee. TOTAL BS.

H

htown0721

I don't think it will happen this contract, however, the next one will most likely have everyone paying for their benefits

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't think it will happen this contract, however, the next one will most likely have everyone paying for their benefits

Wow the company is making over 5 billion a year and some people are ready to give them concessions in future contracts. I sure hope there is more of me out there than there are of you. I refuse to accept any change to the status quo until I see a shred of evidence that the status quo is changing on the profit end.

Nimnim

The Nim
Wow the company is making over 5 billion a year and some people are ready to give them concessions in future contracts. I sure hope there is more of me out there than there are of you. I refuse to accept any change to the status quo until I see a shred of evidence that the status quo is changing on the profit end.

I'm thinking the same thing, but there is something to be said about the looming implementation of Obamacare. It could really change things, but it'll still be after this contract and we'll have a couple years to feel it out before negotiations again. Until things are known though, I agree no concessions if the profits are there.

stink219

how do you guys come up with this stuff? Does everyone know the structure of your negotiated wage? UPS gives a specific dollar amount that is broken into sections. For the use of simple math, lets say you make 30 an hour, an amount of 45 dollars an hour is negotiated, it's then broken into parts 7 dollars an our for health, 7 for pension. That come to 44 per hour, we have 1 dollar left over, if its a four year contract we would get a 25 cent a year raise. (THESE FIGURES ARE FICTITIOUS FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST ONLY. THEY DO NOT REFLECT CURRENT FIGUERES!!!!)

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
This reminds me of a driver supervisor that told me in '97 that, "there is NO WAY you guys will ever go on strike." Could it happen? Sure, anything could happen. But not because some :censored2: supervisor says it's so. Let them worry about things they know, like how their district manager will scream at them for hours every week.

H

htown0721

Personally, I am management so I already pay for a portion of my benefits and the grumbling through the rankings is that why do we have to pay a portion and not the employees. (honestly I do not care whether you pay for benefits or not and its not like we have to pay a ridiculous amount). So I think that this will be brought up in the next contract (heard from several division managers, not sure how much of it is bs). Either way I should be done with the company by the summer so I could not care less.

H

htown0721

how do you guys come up with this stuff? Does everyone know the structure of your negotiated wage? UPS gives a specific dollar amount that is broken into sections. For the use of simple math, lets say you make 30 an hour, an amount of 45 dollars an hour is negotiated, it's then broken into parts 7 dollars an our for health, 7 for pension. That come to 44 per hour, we have 1 dollar left over, if its a four year contract we would get a 25 cent a year raise. (THESE FIGURES ARE FICTITIOUS FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST ONLY. THEY DO NOT REFLECT CURRENT FIGUERES!!!!)

My wage is not negotiated, but yes I do know how it is broken down but I wouldn't be shocked if UPS were to increase your pension plan and cut back on benefits down the road.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Personally, I am management so I already pay for a portion of my benefits and the grumbling through the rankings is that why do we have to pay a portion and not the employees. (honestly I do not care whether you pay for benefits or not and its not like we have to pay a ridiculous amount). So I think that this will be brought up in the next contract (heard from several division managers, not sure how much of it is bs). Either way I should be done with the company by the summer so I could not care less.

Awww I see management. Sounds like you have been there awhile but other than part time sups getting some school paid for I have no idea why anyone would go into management at this point and time. No job security less wages less benefits. Just makes no sense from this side of it all.

stink219

My wage is not negotiated, but yes I do know how it is broken down but I wouldn't be shocked if UPS were to increase your pension plan and cut back on benefits down the road.
UPS has little say in that. For instance, in New England, our pension was just restructured for a 50 year contract. They changed the entire structure. Our benefits are controlled by the union not UPS. 3 years ago we changed from Blue Cross to United. It's the exact same plan but we saved 5 million dollars by changing. This is how we can ensure that we don't need to pay for bennies. UPS only hold 1 seat in the Health and Welfare Committee. They have very little say. We don't go backwards in this or any contract unless the company is in financial trouble. I assure you that they are not.

H

htown0721

Awww I see management. Sounds like you have been there awhile but other than part time sups getting some school paid for I have no idea why anyone would go into management at this point and time. No job security less wages less benefits. Just makes no sense from this side of it all.

Nope only been a sup for 6 months and I have used UPS as a resume builder and will be out in the next five months and it was a six dollar increase per hour for myself, however, if I were making a career at UPS I never would have gone into management. I am going to take my degree and put into use somewhere else.

stink219

They feed them the line of BS about how great they would be, how fast they would move up,.....then BAM!!! Stress, aggravation, longer hours. The only time it was good to go management was before the company went public.

H

htown0721

UPS has little say in that. For instance, in New England, our pension was just restructured for a 50 year contract. They changed the entire structure. Our benefits are controlled by the union not UPS. 3 years ago we changed from Blue Cross to United. It's the exact same plan but we saved 5 million dollars by changing. This is how we can ensure that we don't need to pay for bennies. UPS only hold 1 seat in the Health and Welfare Committee. They have very little say. We don't go backwards in this or any contract unless the company is in financial trouble. I assure you that they are not.

Just saying what I have heard but I hope you guys never have to pay for benefits, otherwise there is no point in working at UPS as a newer employee. Wages suck, works sucks, and the only hope newer employees cling to is the free benefits and that mythical thing called driving HR dangles in front of them. A new hire told me he will be driving in three years or less according to what he heard in his interview, I laughed and said you better get in line because it is actually a twelve year wait in this building. Even though I am management the lies, and deception that comes from the top down is ridiculous, that is why I believe in brutal honesty to my employees they respect me more because of it.