contract update

DorkHead

Personally, I am management so I already pay for a portion of my benefits and the grumbling through the rankings is that why do we have to pay a portion and not the employees. (honestly I do not care whether you pay for benefits or not and its not like we have to pay a ridiculous amount). So I think that this will be brought up in the next contract (heard from several division managers, not sure how much of it is bs). Either way I should be done with the company by the summer so I could not care less.

But you are a employee!

H

htown0721

But you are a employee![/QUOTE

By definition you are correct, however, it feels much more like I am expected to be a con-artist, thief, and a liar all in the name of logistics lol. Just kidding...sorta

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
UPS didn't suffer during this great recession ! We did !!!!!!!!!

More work - Less people - More harassment !!!! Company made billions !!!!

If any damn employee in this universe deserves more, it's a union UPS employee !!!!

WE HAVE NO REASON TO GIVE BACK ANYTHING !!!!!!!

ups clerk

I agree 407 steward...we will go on strike before we pay insurance. And now that Obama got re elected, and not Romney, we have more bargaining power.

S

speeddemon

We will end up losing that very insurance BECAUSE Obama was re-elected. Its a matter of pure economics. UPS wont be able to continue to pay for it.

Blame Bush because it can't be BO's fault.
It's funny how people forget. Bush kinda really screwed this country up bad remember?? It might have worked out a little better if he would have went back to drinking and the nose candy. That guy was a pure idiot and he set us back something real bad.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Blame Bush because it can't be BO's fault.
Not my point, at all. The Capital, and all the scumbuckets there, are to blame. Yes, that includes BO. But, lets take some hard looks at what is wrong with this country. The republicans are not perfect and always right about everything. Nor, are the democrats. But, just as you all hated hearing it's all Bush's fault, it's equally annoying to hear it's always Obama. I think they all suck. I posted Warrn Buffett's Constitutional Proposal that I stand firmly behind. Will Bonerhead or McConnell?

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's funny how people forget. Bush kinda really screwed this country up bad remember?? It might have worked out a little better if he would have went back to drinking and the nose candy. That guy was a pure idiot and he set us back something real bad.
How many lives were lost and families forever broken for a farce of a war that put us 10 trillion in debt to begin with????? Don't get me started on the Prescription Drug Card or the 'Obamaphone', (which is a bunch of malarky).

stink219

And for those who are waiting for an update. UPS is looking for major give backs. Reduction in wage, giving UPS freight our feeder work, stronger language on discipline. Its still to new during the process. Understand that this is a negotiating tactic. They will ask for everything, that way when the give us something it looks like we have won. This is why i hate early deals. Only agree to what you feel your worth.

dragracer66

Commenting on the earlier post on how a supervisor is telling his employees what the contract is doing is typical management BS. No matter what they say they hear you shouldn't believe them. They are still sour about paying for there benefits and what happened with their pension. I do think the company will try to get us to pay for medical but i think sometime down the road it would get negotiated to new hires hired after the ratification date with them paying a small part. The rest of would get grandfathered in. Also I have sat in the last 5 national and local contract talks and medical was never mentioned......