Contract vote update!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The Southern Region is in Central States, so what do you expect? The main focus in this contract was to improve pensions. This should be of no surprise. Its the rest of the country that will decide it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
The Southern Region is in Central States, so what do you expect? The main focus in this contract was to improve pensions. This should be of no surprise. Its the rest of the country that will decide it.
I thought you guys in 728 were strong? How did it pass? lol

browned out

If this contract passes watch the stock price move upward as UPS insiders will be purchasing. They know that this contract will mean record profits going foreward.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
From the Teamsters web site:
Ballot Count Continues Near Washington, D.C.

November 18, 2007

(ALEXANDRIA, VA) — The National Master UPS Contract is on its way to being approved, Director of the Parcel and Small Package Division hall announced Sunday.

Preliminary returns show the national contract being approved by a solid margin. Supplements, riders and addendums are also being counted, but no final tallies for those agreements are available at this time.

Counting has taken place all weekend and will continue Monday outside Washington, D.C.

Cole

I wouldn't be shocked if the no votes go straight to a shredder and a dup ballot is already made up with yes votes. lol

I know no one who says they voted yes, maybe 2, and that's it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I wouldn't be shocked if the no votes go straight to a shredder and a dup ballot is already made up with yes votes. lol

I know no one who says they voted yes, maybe 2, and that's it.
The site has been updated to include the west and no cal.

BrownShark

Banned
Well, sad but true. The contract will pass in its current state.:whiteflag:

Local 396 employees show why this voting process is broken. Out of almost 10500 thousand members eligible for voting, only 1900 so far have a ballot that was counted.

Unbelievably, in the West, the numbers are weaker than that. 34 locals eligible to vote on the contract and only approximately 12000 members have a ballot that was counted. There are close to 35000 members eligible to vote on this contract.

Its no matter. People will never learn their lesson until the contract bites them in the ash.

Good luck UPS Teamsters, we've doomed ourselves.

Congrats to the company on a masterful job handling the Teamster leadership.

To all you stewards and agents out there...you sold out to your Officers and the Teamster brass, but at the end of the day, its YOU that will be holding the bag when it all goes wrong.

I wouldnt want to be one of YOU when the first UPS'er gets taken out by the new article 6 GPS language.

Good luck on the contract, you have 1 1/2 months to prep for the ash kicking you will get from the company.

To all my teamster brothers and sisters who did your best to inform the the others, Thank you.

Peace.:peaceful:

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
digging their own graves and don't even know it, we'll see what happens down the road. I don't think anybody sold anyone out, it is the lack of unity and education that will dooms us all at the end.

Cole

Just how did stewards sell us out? As a steward I wasn't on the bargaining commitee, and I sure haven't told anyone I think it's a good contract either.

What efforts did you make to inform people of the losses in this contract?

FIST

Leanitus
Well said brownshark, you sell-out agents are done so go look for another job soon. Members will bite back, we are coming for your jobs in 2008. (WITH FULL FORCE):biting:

Damok

Just how did stewards sell us out? As a steward I wasn't on the bargaining commitee, and I sure haven't told anyone I think it's a good contract either.

What efforts did you make to inform people of the losses in this contract?

Broad generalizations make for pretty speeches Cole.

BrownShark

Banned
So far, only 28637 votes have been officially counted.

Of those votes, 20539 voted yes on the master and 8098 voted no.

These are the numbers for the entire country. A sad day for ALL TEAMSTERS.

With these numbers, the Union and the Company will say that the contract passed by 96%.

"An overwhelming victory for the Teamsters" ..."96% voted to ratify this agreement!"..."the members have spoken, and the power of the Teamsters has been demonstrated".

These will be the montras used in the coming weeks in literature and press releases.

A joke in reality.

Only roughly 29000 members took the time to pay attention and actually fill out a ballot.

Aren't there 300 thousand UPs Teamsters.

As i posted in another thread. The contract was aimed at the feeder drivers and pkg drivers. They are the only ones that vote.

Peace.:peaceful: