Covid-19 & 9.5

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The pandemic has zero to do with this. A deal is a deal. FILE AWAY!
I absolutely agree with you. BUT, you need more than a grievance and a good b.a. to get paid sometimes.

9.5 language is national language. We all need to stick together right now and formulate a plan to combat the company. Which I am working on. I’m hoping to get all our brothers and sisters paid what’s owed to us during this pandemic.

Just need a bit of info from anyone in the country who has had their 9.5 grievances heard that are dated during this pandemic.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
How can they take a different approach?

The contract is the contract.

Simple Really
I’m just a lowly steward.

But I believe the company is taking a stance on 9.5’s right now. That stance being that they are not going to pay them “during This pandemic”

this company violates the contract on a daily basis. You surprised they don’t want to pay all these 9.5’s???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder how many could actually do the job

Not the point.

You guys will be making upward of $40/hr at the end of the current contract and you are bitching about having to work a little bit of OT. Your bills will be paid on time and you won't be up at night wondering how you were going to feed your kids or keep the lights on.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Not the point.

You guys will be making upward of $40/hr at the end of the current contract and you are bitching about having to work a little bit of OT. Your bills will be paid on time and you won't be up at night wondering how you were going to feed your kids or keep the lights on.
What’s your point?

you think it’s ok for the company to violate a legally binding contract everyday?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Not the point.

I bet your enjoying the fruits of your union retirement plan right about now.

you really don’t understand. I feel bad for you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bet your enjoying the fruits of your union retirement plan right about now.

you really don’t understand. I feel bad for you.

I understand fully. I feel bad for those of you who feel that you are entitled to earn 100K and bitch about having to work a little bit of OT during a national emergency.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I understand fully. I feel bad for those of you who feel that you are entitled to earn 100K and bitch about having to work a little bit of OT during a national emergency.

so you think we’re punching out 6 or 7?

I’m up at 6am, home around midnight. Every. Single. Day. The company is doing nothing during this virus. It is busier than peak. It’s pretty much going to be peak all year then rolling right into peak at already peak volume. It’s business as usual at ups. There is language the company agreed to abide by. We need to hold them to it because if not, what else should we let them get away with. Should we give up our health benefits because other employees of other companies don’t get any?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I’m gonna put it to you like this.

There is a national emergency going on.

So why the eff do I have a truck full of pottery barn furniture and rugs.

the company is doing nothing during this national emergency. It is business as usual and then they are telling us they are not going to pay 9.5’s because there is a pandemic going on.

no dice. Adjust the load, hold all non essential irregs and give us the smalls, meds, food and toiletries.

but slamming us with all the volume and telling us to look the other because we want you to???

NO.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
3EE68F3A-F569-40CB-B4CF-15AE40EF105B.jpeg

@542thruNthru copyright

GenericUsername

I don't see you coming out of retirement to help out during this "national emergency." It's worldwide, old timer. We're being told business as usual. So the bitching about overtime - business as usual. It's no different than any other year you've worked in the past. We're getting carpets, NDA t-shirts, buckets of paint, crappy 150 lb furniture. It's still coming, and there's really no sense behind it other than for them to keep up their numbers.