Covid-19 & 9.5

I’m gonna put it to you like this.

There is a national emergency going on.

So why the eff do I have a truck full of pottery barn furniture and rugs.

the company is doing nothing during this national emergency. It is business as usual and then they are telling us they are not going to pay 9.5’s because there is a pandemic going on.

no dice. Adjust the load, hold all non essential irregs and give us the smalls, meds, food and toiletries.

but slamming us with all the volume and telling us to look the other because we want you to???

NO.
I agree with you. They possibly couldn't handle this any worse.

Superteeth2478

Our Union stewards comes in 30+ minutes early every Friday to pass out checks, so I'd say pretty good. Our center manager is legitimately one of the best people out there. If the claim is legit, he owns it and just moves on with life. He doesn't take it personal at all. He tells us to slow down. He tells us to be safe. He tells us we're most likely not going to get those 8 hour requests even if they're approved. He's just honest, and very likable. He always has an answer and if he doesn't, then he gets it. I read some of the stories on here from other centers and am just blown away by how terrible they sound.
He's also not ever going to be promoted past center manager.

quad decade guy

Not the point.

You guys will be making upward of $40/hr at the end of the current contract and you are bitching about having to work a little bit of OT. Your bills will be paid on time and you won't be up at night wondering how you were going to feed your kids or keep the lights on.

You assume very much. What in this life is guaranteed? How do you know?

What will the economic downfalls of this pandemic be? Let's say one of these

folks bitching to see their family more gets sick and dies, knowing the last thing

they did was deliver rubber dog crap?

quad decade guy

Our Union stewards comes in 30+ minutes early every Friday to pass out checks, so I'd say pretty good. Our center manager is legitimately one of the best people out there. If the claim is legit, he owns it and just moves on with life. He doesn't take it personal at all. He tells us to slow down. He tells us to be safe. He tells us we're most likely not going to get those 8 hour requests even if they're approved. He's just honest, and very likable. He always has an answer and if he doesn't, then he gets it. I read some of the stories on here from other centers and am just blown away by how terrible they sound.

Just blown away by how wonderful your center mgr. sounds. You are describing

someone in UPS mgt.? In operations? Is this your Dad? Relative? Or do you have

your letter in?

542thruNthru

Not the point.

You guys will be making upward of $40/hr at the end of the current contract and you are bitching about having to work a little bit of OT. Your bills will be paid on time and you won't be up at night wondering how you were going to feed your kids or keep the lights on.

I understand fully. I feel bad for those of you who feel that you are entitled to earn 100K and bitch about having to work a little bit of OT during a national emergency.

You're right. How about you call this guys family up and tell them to stop crying. I mean their loved one was getting almost $40 to drive a truck. They have no reason to be upset about working more hours and taking more chances of catching covid19 for what you always like to call our customers. "QVC hoarders".
Screenshot_20200330-150113_Chrome.jpg

Ghost in the Darkness

I have to wonder how many of the 3.3 million people who filed unemployment claims for the first time as a result of Covid-19 would gladly trade places and wouldn't say a word about the OT.

We work over 8 hrs everyday delivering a majority of things that aren't essential. I saw a mailman just died in NYC from the virus. Do we need to excessively risk our health and our lives and have the company pile on to make sure we are physically run down too?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m just a lowly steward.

But I believe the company is taking a stance on 9.5’s right now. That stance being that they are not going to pay them “during This pandemic”

this company violates the contract on a daily basis. You surprised they don’t want to pay all these 9.5’s???

They don’t pay them when there’s no pandemic

GenericUsername

Just blown away by how wonderful your center mgr. sounds. You are describing

someone in UPS mgt.? In operations? Is this your Dad? Relative? Or do you have

your letter in?

He's absolutely fantastic. He defends everything about our building. He used to be a driver not even a decade ago, so he knows what the drivers go through. He doesn't give a flip about telematics, except for seatbelt infractions and recording in travel. The rest of it doesn't matter at all. He doesn't care if you're doing 25 stops an hour or 12 an hour as long as you're doing it safely and everything gets delivered.

He also harps a lot on the preload because they're incompetent.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not the point.

Or you might be worrying about is tomorrow the day I catch the Chinese flu

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
We do not need to be out here until 11pm every night delivering non sense to everybody. We have families at home that need us to be home as well.
Some of us have brokerage accounts, condo association dues, alimony payments, and car lease payments. So I will continue to work 11 hour days.

quad decade guy

He's absolutely fantastic. He defends everything about our building. He used to be a driver not even a decade ago, so he knows what the drivers go through. He doesn't give a flip about telematics, except for seatbelt infractions and recording in travel. The rest of it doesn't matter at all. He doesn't care if you're doing 25 stops an hour or 12 an hour as long as you're doing it safely and everything gets delivered.

He also harps a lot on the preload because they're incompetent.

This is so contrary to anything I've ever encountered in my 40 years where ANY

operations mgt. person exists. LOLOLOLOLOL. Matter of fact, I call total BS.

You say he's been in mgt. 10 years?