Crash at my center

and here it comes..its UPS fault. No it really is the drivers fault. Remember your next five stops (its a method that has not changed) if you are so directional challenged you need to find other line of work. Where is the paper map, they really sell them and Barnes and Noble is the best place to get them.
Unfortunately many people are going to pay for this accident.

bbsam

Staff member
and here it comes..its UPS fault. No it really is the drivers fault. Remember your next five stops (its a method that has not changed) if you are so directional challenged you need to find other line of work. Where is the paper map, they really sell them and Barnes and Noble is the best place to get them.
That's weak. UPS truck, UPS employed driver, UPS uniformed driver, UPS trained driver...and it's not UPS' fault? Who do you think UPS is? Fedex Ground?

km3

That's weak. UPS truck, UPS employed driver, UPS uniformed driver, UPS trained driver...and it's not UPS' fault? Who do you think UPS is? Fedex Ground?

I doubt the driver was trained to check GPS on his phone while driving. Driver's fault, not UPS. But they'll pay for it anyway.

bbsam

Staff member
I doubt the driver was trained to check GPS on his phone while driving. Driver's fault, not UPS. But they'll pay for it anyway.
I doubt it as well. But put on the uniform, jump in the truck, dispatched by UPS in a UPS insured vehicle for the purpose of UPS commerce...well, if fault doesn't lie with UPS, responsibility sure does.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Iam shakened by what happened yesterday a fellow teamster got in a accident yesterday. He was in the blind doing a route that ive been doing all peak. He made it out okay with no scracthes but the other person is in the hospital.

Please be safe out there and its not worth it think of your love ones they want to see you come back home alive.
We got a pcm about this same accident this morning

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Every time you post, I am more convinced you do not nor ever did work for UPS.

Was the driver at fault? Yes.

Would there be any difference if he had been looking at a paper map instead of his phone? No.

Did you ever look at a map or a GPS device while driving? Why don't you answer that.

Box Ox

Where is the paper map, they really sell them and Barnes and Noble is the best place to get them.

The area this crash happened in is growing so fast that Google/Apple are always way behind in adding streets/developments to their databases and any paper map might as well be from the 80s.

Rack em

Made the Podium
What the hell happened?
From what I gathered, some rookie was gps'ing with his phone while driving and hit someone and put them in the hospital. There is an ongoing debate whether it is ups's or the driver's fault, but I am on the side that it's the drivers fault.

From what I gathered, some rookie was gps'ing with his phone while driving and hit someone and put them in the hospital. There is an ongoing debate whether it is ups's or the driver's fault, but I am on the side that it's the drivers fault.
Who was driving the truck? Of course you could argue that UPS put too much pressure on the rookie driver, but that would go nowhere in a court case. Hang the driver.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Who was driving the truck? Of course you could argue that UPS put too much pressure on the rookie driver, but that would go nowhere in a court case. Hang the driver.
I clearly stated I thought it's the drivers fault? There is no excuse to ever use your phone while driving. Most of us do it at times though. I actually saw a lady who I assume was texting and driving drive into a huge snow bank tonight and get stuck. I think she looked up and saw tail lights and swerved to not rear end the person. When I was driving home she was still stuck.