Crossing picket lines of striking customers to deliver

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yeah I asked management about it upon my return to the building. Just as you guys said, he plainly said 'we don't cross picket lines. They'll have to make arrangements to either meet you outside of the picket line to get their stuff, or come get it at the building'.

Thanks again for the info, folks.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Doesn't matter what they do. Not your concern. Always honor legitimate picket lines. There will be no
repercussions.

Not that I'm concerned, I'm just curious of how the process works after this. I'm a pretty inquisitive person, I just like to know how stuff works whether it concerns me or not.

wayfair

swollen member
Not that I'm concerned, I'm just curious of how the process works after this. I'm a pretty inquisitive person, I just like to know how stuff works whether it concerns me or not.
nothing inquisitive about it..... just a delay. They will get their receiving product tomorrow when they pick it up at the Customer Counter.

PT Car Washer

It does concern you. We do not cross most picket lines. Unless it is an informational picket line or other. Call your steward or the Union Hall and let them make the decision. Not your UPS management team.

TheMasochist

200 lbs? No problem - it's only my back
There's a driver in my Center with a housing development on his route. When the developer started using Carrier AC units, he started sheeting the deliveries as strike and bringing them back. He hasn't heard a peep about it.

bbsam

Staff member
I never have my drivers cross picket lines. My reason is simple. There is no reason to put ourselves in the middle of that dispute.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They cannot instruct you to deliver there. They can arrange an alternate delivery location that doesn't involve crossing a picket line.

There is a difference between an informational picket and an active picket. We can cross an informational picket line but should never cross an active picket line.

Your management tam will make arrangements for alternate delivery, which could include having a supervisor make that delivery.

dezguy

Don't know if you guys care but we have a strike option on our powerpads, in case of a labour dispute. No way in hell am I crossing a picket line.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't know if you guys care but we have a strike option on our powerpads, in case of a labour dispute. No way in hell am I crossing a picket line.

We have the same option in our DIADs.

Verizon was on strike for several months. We would pull their packages and on of our sups would run them off.

I crossed a picket line once in 1996. I didn't see them. There were 5 people holding 1 sign. Walking around a two block long warehouse. They came around the corner when I was leaving. After that WILL CALL

35years

Gravy route
We have the same option in our DIADs.

Verizon was on strike for several months. We would pull their packages and on of our sups would run them off.
Why didn't you inform the sup he is not allowed to "run them off"?
You honor a picket line, but not your own contract and brother teamsters.
Customer could come get them. One less clerk working if sups do the work.

Faceplanted

There's a driver in my Center with a housing development on his route. When the developer started using Carrier AC units, he started sheeting the deliveries as strike and bringing them back. He hasn't heard a peep about it.
Trump was part of a deal keeping those jobs in the USA. Just got done a day or two ago. Seems he's done more for the American union worker before even being president than Obama did in 8 years

rod

Retired 22 years
The 2 or 3 times I had to deal with strike lines the companies who were being struck just set up an alternative drop site close to them.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The 2 or 3 times I had to deal with strike lines the companies who were being struck just set up an alternative drop site close to them.

We pull their boxes during pre load. Set in the back room. They are called to come get the boxes. After 3 days they will be sent back. Verizon came everyday.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
Thanks for the info guys! Guess I won't be delivering to that place till the strike is over. What do you think my management will do? This place is a bulk stop that gets about 10 NDA and 50 pieces daily.
They will inform the company, that their packages will be available for pick up at the center. If your mgt team isn't incompetent the packages will not even be loaded on car.