Cruise Poll #2 (What month is best?)

What is the best month for cruising?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

over9five

Staff member
This is a NON BINDING public poll. Steve will pick the month based on price, availability etc.

Please vote even if you're not coming!

over9five

Staff member
It only gives 10 options, so I left Sept and Oct out. I think that's hurricane season anyhow!

I picked March.

over9five

Staff member
The best month is when its freezing cold here and the
destination is warm weather:happy2:

That sounds good, but I've booked in the winter before. The problem is I STRESS big time about a snow storm hitting and flights getting cancelled. It's a lot of money wasted if you can't get there.

I've never bought the trip insurance. They make millions off that, cuz most people never have to make a claim. It's usually money wasted just to make you feel good.

Now I aim for late March or April.

From about .com
Officially, hurricane season stretches from June 1st to November 30th, and hits not only the Caribbean islands but also parts of Mexico, Florida and the Texas coast. Within that time frame, August to October are peak months.

the words "hurricane season" is a link.
Basically I am OK with any of the months. my deciding factors are if I can get the week (assuming I am still employed at the time) and the total cost for my wife and myself.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It only gives 10 options, so I left Sept and Oct out. I think that's hurricane season anyhow!

I picked March.

Personally, I would have left November and December out. Hurricane season is June thru November, so I'd leave that out as well. I think having the first 5 months of the year to choose from is enough. Those are actually cheaper than the other months as well, from what I hear, far from an expert talking hear. January or April sound good to me, but since I can't pick both, I'll choose.....:wink2:

sexyupsman

The summer months would make it so much more interesting with the possiblility of a Hurricaine! Maybe we would get lost at sea and stranded on a desert island like Gilligan! Now that would kick ass! Deserted island with a bunch of UPSers! Sounds like fun!:peaceful:

Ms.PacMan

I picked March - just because the weather is better to leave and maybe the cruise would coincide with Spring Break for the kids. I really don't care so you can cancel my vote :happy2:.

Anyone who wants to bring their children care to chime in about what week is Spring Break for their school district just in case the cruise is in March/April?

P

pickup

The summer months would make it so much more interesting with the possiblility of a Hurricaine! Maybe we would get lost at sea and stranded on a desert island like Gilligan! Now that would kick ass! Deserted island with a bunch of UPSers! Sounds like fun!:peaceful:

would you be the "top" or "bottom" as in which hammock you would get? If there truly were a god, you would get stuck on an island with just Ginger and Maryann. Don't get upset , if you post the way you post, these are the kind of reactions you are going to get.

sexyupsman

would you be the "top" or "bottom" as in which hammock you would get? If there truly were a god, you would get stuck on an island with just Ginger and Maryann. Don't get upset , if you post the way you post, these are the kind of reactions you are going to get.
Ginger was a man and Marryann was a full blown lez. No I dont get offended by humour. But your assesment was quite funny!

sexyupsman

And it depends, top, bottom its all the same! Well to most it is not all!

P

pickup

Ginger was a man and Marryann was a full blown lez. No I dont get offended by humour. But your assesment was quite funny!

With just you three on the island, ginger would have to become the man and mary ann the full blown lezbo.

P

pickup

I think the the last words you'll hear is "man overboard" Speaking of which, anyone who is having problems with one's spouse might want to hop on board with that significant other. I hear the sea is a fine mediator of domestic disputes.

pkgdriver

I picked December just because.

Like Steve said the summer months(June,July, and early August) are more expensive,sometimes double the price of another time.It didnt used to be that way. More families/kids cruise now because of all the things to do on a ship now.
August and Sept are peak hurricane times. They generally are no problem except for an itinerary change.

Ditto what 9.5 said about the weather. Ive known a few and read of many more that missed the ship because of bad weather. Summertime also has bad thunderstorms that can put the aviation network into chaos. Best bet is to fly in the day before if possible.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I didn't pick because I don't know. My only criteria is ------ if I can't swim then I ain't going! (in the ocean - pools don't count)

I didn't pick because I don't know. My only criteria is ------ if I can't swim then I ain't going! (in the ocean - pools don't count)
Most of the places you'll go in the Caribbean have beaches where you can swim. The pools on board are filled with sea water.

Status
Not open for further replies.