Customs Critical Contractor

bacha29

I'm not going to criticize the guy because in the end you have to take what the economy will give you , that applies to each and everyone of us and if this period of employment can knock out some lean earnings years you bet and if he doesn't have to endure the God awful physical beating Ground contractor employed drivers are taking every day more power to him. You ought to see the kind of stuff they're getting saddled with. The size and weight limits that used to exist.....they stopped complying with that a long time ago.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Beyond paying matching SS I'll be paying same taxes as everyone else. I don't have to tell you how difficult it is to find a good job the older you are. Luckily this is what I love to do. And I'll gross anywhere from $3500 to $5000 a month. Not counting my $1840 pension.

You are absolutely superb at finding employment that exploits and victimizes you while simultaneously enriching your employer.

You are the very essence of Making America Great Again .

vantexan

You are absolutely superb at finding employment that exploits and victimizes you while simultaneously enriching your employer.

You are the very essence of Making America Great Again .
Why thank you! And I appreciate you taking time from Fantasy Island(where everyone makes $150k and still bitches about it)to tell me..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why thank you! And I appreciate you taking time from Fantasy Island(where everyone makes $150k and still bitches about it)to tell me..

I live on Reality Island. You work hard for success and use your brain.

In Trumpistan, you work doubly hard for less, and then complain that life is unfair because you made poor life decisions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not going to criticize the guy because in the end you have to take what the economy will give you , that applies to each and everyone of us and if this period of employment can knock out some lean earnings years you bet and if he doesn't have to endure the God awful physical beating Ground contractor employed drivers are taking every day more power to him. You ought to see the kind of stuff they're getting saddled with. The size and weight limits that used to exist.....they stopped complying with that a long time ago.

Whoa!!! We have the best economy EVER!! And everyone has a GREAT job at the BEST employers ever. Plus, wages are OUTSTANDING!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I could have been clearer. Yes, if company is getting paid $1000 I'm making $350, 35%. You're talking about a huge can of worms I'm not interested in. With my pension included I'm grossing $65k plus with only eating my major expense. I'm in a van, have an air ride seat, plenty of room in back, and freedom to move around no tractor/trailer will give me. No CDL or medical card required.

How's your medical insurance? Fuel program? Net income? How much was the ProMaster (FIAT)? Interest on the payments/or leased? Liability insurance? Who pays?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'm a 1099 contractor. They pay me 35% of a load's value. Currently on my best paid trip. Company is getting $2000 out of which I get $700. They got me home for Memorial Day and July 4th. But you've got to be willing to live out of the truck and be gone 4-5 weeks at a time. They deliver to the lower 48 and Canada.

Can you claim the truckers per diem on your taxes? That's like $68 a day and would definitely help you out. If you can't claim it they can pay a percentage of your pay as per diem which would help your payroll taxes.

Personally, I wouldn't want to sleep in the back of a van and live on the road for that amount of money, but, your happy and it sounds like you enjoy the job.

vantexan

Can you claim the truckers per diem on your taxes? That's like $68 a day and would definitely help you out. If you can't claim it they can pay a percentage of your pay as per diem which would help your payroll taxes.

Personally, I wouldn't want to sleep in the back of a van and live on the road for that amount of money, but, your happy and it sounds like you enjoy the job.
I bought a top rated backpacker air mattress and a 4" thick memory foam mattress topper. Bed is so comfortable I have trouble getting up in the morning. I've got DirecTV Now on my phone and use phone hotspot to watch Netflix on my tablet. Have some great window shades for privacy and cooler interior. They let me idle truck for A.C. and heat.

All in all I won't more spend more than $12000 standard deduction but will definitely look into the per diem. Thanks!

vantexan

How's your medical insurance? Fuel program? Net income? How much was the ProMaster (FIAT)? Interest on the payments/or leased? Liability insurance? Who pays?
I have insurance through my wife's job. The company pays for everything but my food and incidentals. Under the new FedEx pay plan I was going to be 2 months shy of 64 before topping out. Doing this should be able to save $40k+ after taxes and expenses. And it's what I enjoy.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I live on Reality Island. You work hard for success and use your brain.

In Trumpistan, you work doubly hard for less, and then complain that life is unfair because you made poor life decisions.

Why is the mayor of Reality Island, who bragged endlessly of his success at real estate, STILL coming back to FedExville to complain about a company two years after he quit working there?

For all of the grief I give van about his complaining about his career at Express, he hasn't been shy in admitting that he made some poor decisions that contributed to his unhappiness. In all of your complaining about your career at Express (and you complained more frequently and more harshly than everyone else combined) you were adamant that nothing was ever your fault.

It's just odd how that seems to play out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why is the mayor of Reality Island, who bragged endlessly of his success at real estate, STILL coming back to FedExville to complain about a company two years after he quit working there?

For all of the grief I give van about his complaining about his career at Express, he hasn't been shy in admitting that he made some poor decisions that contributed to his unhappiness. In all of your complaining about your career at Express (and you complained more frequently and more harshly than everyone else combined) you were adamant that nothing was ever your fault.

It's just odd how that seems to play out.

I'm not complaining, merely observing. Working at the original Federal Express was a smart decision. Great pay, benefits, and a genuinely great company. Fast forward to FedEx, and it's not so smart. I laid the groundwork for my exit wile staying PT RTD to maintain pay and benefits mainly due to the slack nature of real estate during the winter months.

Leaving was smart, and keeping a safety net while I built my clientele was also smart.

Getting away from Uncle Fred is always a smart choice these days.

Love you...so much. Keep on doing Fredward's bidding, OK?

vantexan

I'm not complaining, merely observing. Working at the original Federal Express was a smart decision. Great pay, benefits, and a genuinely great company. Fast forward to FedEx, and it's not so smart. I laid the groundwork for my exit wile staying PT RTD to maintain pay and benefits mainly due to the slack nature of real estate during the winter months.

Leaving was smart, and keeping a safety net while I built my clientele was also smart.

And yet I left FedEx and still get attacked.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And yet I left FedEx and still get attacked.

Your thought process and actions get "attacked", not the fact you left Express. I see someone who devoted the better part of their working years to a company that gave essentially nothing in return.

You "retired", but because you have a crap pension, you still need to work. Too bad you don't live in a country that has socialized healthcare. As a Trumpster, I find it ironic that you fight the ideas that would allow you to actually retire, maybe even in this country.

It's really sad to see the decimation of unions and the wage stagnation that contribute to a smaller middle class.

Thanks, Republicans.

vantexan

Your thought process and actions get "attacked", not the fact you left Express. I see someone who devoted the better part of their working years to a company that gave essentially nothing in return.

You "retired", but because you have a crap pension, you still need to work. Too bad you don't live in a country that has socialized healthcare. As a Trumpster, I find it ironic that you fight the ideas that would allow you to actually retire, maybe even in this country.

It's really sad to see the decimation of unions and the wage stagnation that contribute to a smaller middle class.

Thanks, Republicans.
One can easily turn that around and say the constant demands for more by unions made business flee. As for my retirement it's not realistic for most in a very expensive country to retire in their 50's. So I'm working like the rest, but with my earned pension I'm in a much better position to save for my retirement. Yes, should have gotten a better pension but what does crying about it now do for me? The new paradigm is if you want better you'll have to hustle. If you aren't willing you'll have to settle for less. Of course that leads to fantasies of a system where everyone is paid well for not much effort and we all have fantastic lives. Would be nice but it doesn't work. And unfortunately so many younger adults seem to be buying into that idea. And will have to find out the hard way if we go down that path.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Gosh, I'd really love to think that you are the cunning, clever, mega intelligent guy that you want us to think you are, but someone who never makes mistakes and always complains isn't that smart.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gosh, I'd really love to think that you are the cunning, clever, mega intelligent guy that you want us to think you are, but someone who never makes mistakes and always complains isn't that smart.
Aw shut up and go give Fred his sponge bath.