Dayton Ohio Shooting

bacha29

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,”—the federal government has been tasked with protecting its citizens by virtue of an armed military that is under the control of said government, and does not operate independently.

“the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”—the citizens of this country have the RIGHT to protect themselves from the possible TYRANNY OF ITS OWN MILITIA, by virtue of their RIGHT to remain armed against said tyranny.

The intent of the Founding Fathers is clear to anyone with a lick of sense.
Do you have a juris degree? Passed the bar exam and argued constitutional cases on those grounds? If not then it's just a layman's view of the constitution and carries with it no greater weight than the viewpoint of any other layman. TYRANNY OF IT"S OWN MILITIA? When was the last time that happened?

El Correcto

god is dead
Do you have a juris degree? Passed the bar exam and argued constitutional cases on those grounds? If not then it's just a layman's view of the constitution and carries with it no greater weight than the viewpoint of any other layman. TYRANNY OF IT"S OWN MILITIA? When was the last time that happened?
Depends on how many armed angry layman hold that view.

floridays

Falling back to what you asked me.

How convenient, deal with me, I answered your former question with a partial affirmative.

I think I left something on your table, I believe you have some unfinished business.

floridays

It said "appearing" to belong to the shooter. The article failed to collaborate or independently confirm the claim that it belonged to the shooter.
Look fella, you have a major problem with at least one word, maybe more, I'm just correcting you again on this one word. Only one, just this one word.
I explained the difference to you earlier, with illustration.
This time I'm going to exhort you to look up the meaning of collaborate and (presumably) an unknown word to you, corroborate.

You aren't very smart, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Maybe it will sink in if you do the work.

Box Ox

A new constitution and different people in charge. Renewing our vows with government and watering the tree of liberty.

You're sure that's what you'd want? The more heavily armed laymen who frame the new constitution and put people in charge might not be interested in letting the gays stick around.

El Correcto

god is dead
You're sure that's what you'd want? The more heavily armed laymen who frame the new constitution and put people in charge might not be interested in letting the gays stick around.
I was just highlighting how bourgeois it is to down talk all the “laymen” for having views.
Laymen have a history of dying for their views and helping the leader they agree with overthrow regimes.