Dayton Ohio Shooting

newfie

I was just highlighting how bourgeois it is to down talk all the “laymen” for having views.
Laymen have a history of dying for their views and helping the leader they agree with overthrow regimes.

is there a consolation prize or celebratory stage after death for dying for your views? Does our maker pin medals on our after life form?

El Correcto

god is dead
is there a consolation prize or celebratory stage after death for dying for your views? Does our maker pin medals on our after life form?
I have 0 proof and have never read it anywhere. I like to think revolt is deeply ingrained in men, when an alpha male becomes to domineering and another alpha is ready to take over the group.

Just part of being human in my eyes.

newfie

And just exactly who are the "clowns" and just exactly what are they doing that will incite this "revolution" you speak of. ?
democrat-clown-show.jpg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Do you have a juris degree? Passed the bar exam and argued constitutional cases on those grounds? If not then it's just a layman's view of the constitution and carries with it no greater weight than the viewpoint of any other layman. TYRANNY OF IT"S OWN MILITIA? When was the last time that happened?
No, but unlike you, I have an education, and intelligence.

The Founding Fathers were basing the Constitution and its Amendments on the history and experiences of England, and attempting to assure that it didn't repeat in America.

Try reading a book sometimes, instead of listening to the voices in your head.

newfie

And just exactly who are the "clowns" and just exactly what are they doing that will incite this "revolution" you speak of. ?

just curious. you're not really that blind to the hate message that is being spewed by your side as your side accuses the other side of hate speech? are you really that blind or just taking a negative position for arguments sake?

It will be fine

No, but unlike you, I have an education, and intelligence.

The Founding Fathers were basing the Constitution and its Amendments on the history and experiences of England, and attempting to assure that it didn't repeat in America.

Try reading a book sometimes, instead of listening to the voices in your head.
Have you read Stevens dissent in Heller? What you claim is a settled interpretation of the 2nd amendment is anything but. Heller was decided 5-4. Flip one vote and the conversation changes. But I’m sure you’re a more adept legal scholar than the 4 Supreme Court justices that agreed with Stevens.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Have you read Stevens dissent in Heller? What you claim is a settled interpretation of the 2nd amendment is anything but. Heller was decided 5-4. Flip one vote and the conversation changes. But I’m sure you’re a more adept legal scholar than the 4 Supreme Court justices that agreed with Stevens.

Flipping that question around, are you a more adept legal scholar than the *5* Supreme court justices that don't share your view?

It will be fine

Flipping that question around, are you a more adept legal scholar than the *5* Supreme court justices that don't share your view?
I find his argument far more persuasive than the activist conservative justice’s decision. The point is, the conclusion is certainly debatable despite @fred's Myth’s #iamverysmart retort.