Deferred Delivery Coming

JustDeliverIt

Timing seems odd for them to go back to "trying" this.
Wonder if it's a ploy to try and force some of those 30 year drivers out.

Especially when they have shunned large shippers for small and medium size businesses where they make more. These accounts should be a premium in their eyes and now they are going to lose them as well. Doesn’t make sense.

vvv

Fight fire with fire my friend.

Would you really want to be managing and dealing with a 30+ year veteran (assuming he has some nuts) being displaced periodically off his normal route and going out blind?
I'd wet the bed on them so bad if I were in that position that they'd be rethinking that move quickly.

See how fast everyone, whether you or others goes on the defensive and worries about the company and being "forced out".
Hell with that brother, you flip the script fast and think in a different way and make them worry about you and PAY for their poor decision making and have them looking like damn fools.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Fight fire with fire my friend.

Would you really want to be managing and dealing with a 30+ year veteran (assuming he has some nuts) being displaced periodically off his normal route and going out blind?
I'd wet the bed on them so bad if I were in that position that they'd be rethinking that move quickly.

See how fast everyone, whether you or others goes on the defensive and worries about the company and being "forced out".
Hell with that brother, you flip the script fast and think in a different way and make them worry about you and PAY for their poor decision making and have them looking like damn fools.
I like it. You think like a driver. They think like an office stooge.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I can believe it.
This whole thing: overdispatching high seniority, cutting off dead days, underdispatching low drivers and laying them off. Makes no sense from a labor cost perspective UNLESS you are banking on people quitting the job, "early retirement" or otherwise.

I'd disagree about it being to replace older folks though, it's more likely just a primal attempt to meet some # before the next quarter.

I can believe it.
This whole thing: overdispatching high seniority, cutting off dead days, underdispatching low drivers and laying them off. Makes no sense from a labor cost perspective UNLESS you are banking on people quitting the job, "early retirement" or otherwise.

I'd disagree about it being to replace older folks though, it's more likely just a primal attempt to meet some # before the next quarter.
I can confirm this is happening. I am a UPS customer and we started getting missed pickups. They told us we were on Rural Deferred Delivery. No warning. We pay every week for daily pickup.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
After the strike UPS going to be a whole different company business to business only Get rid of all the unprofitable resis and rural routes

Pullman Brown

I can believe it.

Follow the money! That’s all they care about!

qdg2

My pkg was deferred just this week. From Sat to Tuesday. Simple e-mail said it was "re-scheduled".....I do live in the "country".