Dennis Taylor threatens to overrule no vote

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I see.

What you are saying is that if 49% vote, and they all vote no, it is fair to push the contract through.
But if 51% vote, that's a completely different story?

At just over 50%, and just over half those voting no, we'd still only be talking about 25% of the total teamsters.

So don't try that BS line.

49% is not a majority, 51% is.

Democratic process, based on a majority.

Even the 2/3 rule. Based on whether a majority of the membership voted

The IBT makes it difficult to overrule them without a majority.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The only thing harder than trying to overrule the IBT is trying to change the US Constitution.

To do that, you need 2/3 of the Senate, 2/3 of the House and 3/4 of the States to agree to it.

Hasn't happened very often, neither has overruling the IBT.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Call me a sack of :censored2:, but if they pulled that crap I wouldn’t blame anyone for deciding to stop paying dues in right to work states. What the hell is the point of financially propping up this kangaroo court we call a union if they can override whatever they want on trumped up numbers that only they can see and produce to the members?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Call me a sack of :censored2:, but if they pulled that crap I wouldn’t blame anyone for deciding to stop paying dues in right to work states. What the hell is the point of financially propping up this kangaroo court we call a union if they can override whatever they want on trumped up numbers that only they can see and produce to the members?

The only ones to blame are us, the ones that couldn't be bothered to vote, to pick up the phone or log into a Web page.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
49% is not a majority, 51% is.

Democratic process, based on a majority.

Even the 2/3 rule. Based on whether a majority of the membership voted

The IBT makes it difficult to overrule them without a majority.
Not trying to knit pick but 50% +1 is all we need.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The only ones to blame are us, the ones that couldn't be bothered to vote, to pick up the phone or log into a Web page.
I never got a ballot. I had to call my local once a day for three days and leave two voicemails to finally get someone to call me back. They said they didn’t have my job title in my file nor an address to send it to. Didn’t stop them from spamming my mailbox with union credit cards and vote yes propaganda.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I think the union has gotten too cozy with the way things operate. All I am is a payroll number they deduct dues from. I’ve never heard from union leadership unless they want money, they never show up to the facility unless they want us to pay for extra life insurance or donate to their political action group. They’ve made no attempt to get the young guys like me involved, and I’m guilty of never having gone to a meeting. The stewards are jokes, they grievance process is a joke. I really think a national right to work law would do wonders for making a union actually fight for their money and make them actually try to talk to us so we don’t stop paying dues. You know they wouldn’t be pulling this crap if all we had to do to whip them in line is threaten to close our wallets. That’s a hell of a lot more effective then standing on the picket line.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I never got a ballot. I had to call my local once a day for three days and leave two voicemails to finally get someone to call me back. They said they didn’t have my job title in my file nor an address to send it to. Didn’t stop them from spamming my mailbox with union credit cards and vote yes propaganda.

And there is bound to be a few more like you.

If we get close to 50% these no ballots could be an issue and could make the difference.

I could be wrong, but I don't see it anywhere close.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
If they do this it’s honeslty whatever. Can’t be mad when people don’t go out and vote. I for one would benefit from this new contract but I voted no as I don’t think it’s a fair one to the part timers. But since they don’t seem to care and vote :censored2: it pass the damn thing already.

35years

Gravy route
Say 40% turnout.
Assume 60% vote no.

That means 16% of the workers voted yes.

It may be in the rules to impose a contract that 16% voted yes on, but you will have many disgruntled Teamsters.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No beer stockpile?

Rookie....
It’s in deep storage.... it’s go time ... T minus 20 hours and counting....we are a go....this is not a drill, I repeat, THIS IS NOT A DRILL....del Boca vista is at 100%.... we are ready...DEFCON 2.... DEFCON 2....good good

It’s in deep storage.... it’s go time ... T minus 20 hours and counting....we are a go....this is not a drill, I repeat, THIS IS NOT A DRILL....del Boca vista is at 100%.... we are ready...DEFCON 2.... DEFCON 2....good good
PoCGLo1GS0tIjiTzlF.gif