Derailing Posts and Whining about Nancy

Marne Vet

blkmamba,

How does that statement have anything to do with ego?

I don't get.

I am the opinion that an individual who thinks they can think what others are thinking is more evidence of an ego out of wack than the truthful statement as to the creative license that comes with the creation of a discussion thread.

Sincerely,
I

His assessment about your ego was pretty spot-on. You are definitely of an opinion, we see that, and when someone replies to your opinion within this pointless thread answers you, you ask another question. You don't accept the simplicity in some answers because your opinion doesn't allow you to. Why do people that hate this job, and the people they deal with, stay employed and continue to put up with it? Money, job security, and retirement are the top three best answers already posted in this thread. There's no need to ask another question. This is a thread, not a couch. Once you get to a certain point in any employment with any company, there are other factors like time invested, starting over elsewhere, and the economy that play huge rolls in that decision to leave. I find it remarkable that you can't figure this out on your own. That's why this thread is pointless. You asked a question that most people with common sense can answer on their own.

The Driver

I drive.
As my username suggests, I love my job. I'm seasonal, off the street, and still working until probably the end of next week. I dread being laid off but feel good about having done a good job.

Maybe my management team is pretty good, we all get along and I feel like they're doing their best under the circumstances to make for a good work environment for the workers. The center manager is all about safety and I haven't heard one word about SPORH from them, period.

I would be proud to keep working for this company. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, and it's very possible I haven't been around long enough to start hating my life.

blkmamba

blkmamba,

How does that statement have anything to do with ego?

I don't get.

I am the opinion that an individual who thinks they can think what others are thinking is more evidence of an ego out of wack than the truthful statement as to the creative license that comes with the creation of a discussion thread.

Sincerely,
I
You stated, "I made the thread, I asked the questions". As well as, you have told multiple people to go post somewhere else because it is not relevant. Where do you get the idea that you can tell people what to do on a public forum Half the fun of coming to this site is watching people hijack threads.

But to stay on topic, it is quite rare to find a person who "loves" their job. It is called work for a reason.

blkmamba

oldngray,

As long as it doesn't violate the BC TOS then creative license is not stated, it is inherent in the creative process.

Since it is inherent in the creative process the only one who logically can hold the creative license is the creator.

In the context your question, the thread creator.

Sincerely,
I
Do you like trying to make yourself look intelligent? I think you just basically stated that you are God when it comes to this forum. We will submit to you holy "thread creator". Haha.

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

For Discussion:

If you hate your job and those you work for at UPS then why do you stay?

If are truly that miserable then what motivates you?

Sincerely,
I
What??

Integrity

Binge Poster
His assessment about your ego was pretty spot-on. You are definitely of an opinion, we see that, and when someone replies to your opinion within this pointless thread answers you, you ask another question. You don't accept the simplicity in some answers because your opinion doesn't allow you to. Why do people that hate this job, and the people they deal with, stay employed and continue to put up with it? Money, job security, and retirement are the top three best answers already posted in this thread. There's no need to ask another question. This is a thread, not a couch. Once you get to a certain point in any employment with any company, there are other factors like time invested, starting over elsewhere, and the economy that play huge rolls in that decision to leave. I find it remarkable that you can't figure this out on your own. That's why this thread is pointless. You asked a question that most people with common sense can answer on their own.
Marne Vet,

It is my view that there can be no greater ego on someone than the one who will state that what someone has said or done is pointless.

Pointless meaning with no purpose.

Do you hate your job and or those you work for at UPS?

As far as asking questions don't if it is not comfortable to you, I am very comfortable and I see it to be quite critical when having discussions with other humans.

Let me explain:

If you ask a "Why" question you never get to the real reason until you have explored and answered all possible related "Why" questions.

Example:

Why do you do A?

Because of B.

A is not answered unless you find out;

Why do you do B?

Because of C.

B is not answered unless you find out;

Why do you do C?

and so on.

So you see you never get a real answer as to why something is truly done until this process brought down to an irreducible "Why" question?

Sincerely,
I

bumped

bumped,

You by a bunch of crap you don't need.

You are not going to argue about it.

Why, because it is not worth it?

If is was worth it, then would you?

What would make it worth it?

Do the questions posed in the thread apply to you?

Sincerely,
I
I'm not going to argue about it, because I like being married. I love coming home to my wife and kids each and every night. It would crush me to only see my kids once a week and every other weekend. If I got divorced I would quit UPS the next day.

Again, as I stated earlier arguing about money is one of the leading causes of divorce. I don't want that as a factor. Happy wifey, happy lifey.

The Driver

I drive.
I guess I should say I kind of enjoy actually the delivering aspect of the job. Cleaning out the truck, organizing, putting smiles on peoples' faces. I even mostly like the driving and people watching on my break.

twoweeled

A) To pay the bills and buy a bunch of crap I don't need.

B) I'll put up with the BS now because when I am fully retired at 50 year old I'll be the one laughing all the way to the bank.

the retirement money isn't all that much, so don't plan on laughing too hard!

Marne Vet

Marne Vet,

It is my view that there can be no greater ego on someone than the one who will state that what someone has said or done is pointless.

Pointless meaning with no purpose.

Do you hate your job and or those you work for at UPS?

As far as asking questions don't if it is not comfortable to you, I am very comfortable and I see it to be quite critical when having discussions with other humans.

Let me explain:

If you ask a "Why" question you never get to the real reason until you have explored and answered all possible related "Why" questions.

Example:

Why do you do A?

Because of B.

A is not answered unless you find out;

Why do you do B?

Because of C.

B is not answered unless you find out;

Why do you do C?

and so on.

So you see you never get a real answer as to why something is truly done until this process brought down to an irreducible "Why" question?

Sincerely,
I

Thanks troll.

Sincerely,

Not Giving a :censored2:

Marne Vet

Well Integrity,

I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Sincerely,

Carl Spackler