Disciplinary action already....in cab cameras.

Whither

Scofflaw
The fact that they’re putting them in the trucks already says to me there’s probably some sort of agreement, or decision that has been made elsewhere that the company feels confident about. I know the freight teamsters have forward facing camera‘s.
Yes there was this
Screenshot 2022-04-28 9.49.59 PM.png
memo from good old company lackey Denis J Taylor back in the first pandemic summer

Whither

Scofflaw
I agree, although I think this issue will get lost in the shuffle of part-timers getting raises, 22.4‘s getting fixed, pension and insurance, and no forced Saturdays and maybe Sundays.
Maybe. I've heard OZ has singled out the cameras more than a few times as a dealbreaker.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I agree with you there. I also knew telematics was there when I took the job, and if cameras were already installed I would never have started working at UPS and would currently have nearly twenty years in another field. I think there's a line that gets crossed going from collecting data about a vehicle's movements to tracking every motion a person makes.
Do you have something to hide?

Whither

Scofflaw
Just a question do you
Yeah but in context that sounds like you're justifying the company's position. No one is spotless, of course -- mgmt least of all. The cameras, even just the sensors without driver-facing audio and visual recording, are an additional harassment tool. The last thing we need.

Thebrownblob

Tell me what I know.

You managed to get bullying in there.
@quad decade guy I wasn’t trying to bully you was asking a honest question, just curious what they were asking him. Lots of times when I’m in the office with people the rumor mill starts and it’s nothing like they thought. Also I’m curious what kind of motions that stupid camera actually picks up.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Do you have something to hide?

If the bulkhead door could talk...

But, no, I don't do anything wrong or illegal in the locker room, but I don't want cameras there.

I don't plot assassinations or kidnappings with my buddies, but I also don't want the Government or company snooping into my texts.

Having some control over our privacy is part of human dignity. Something the company doesn't seem to understand. But it seems like a lot of people are willing to put up with  anything just to keep a job that pays barely more than peanuts. People really do have low standards.

quad decade guy

@quad decade guy I wasn’t trying to bully you was asking a honest question, just curious what they were asking him. Lots of times when I’m in the office with people the rumor mill starts and it’s nothing like they thought. Also I’m curious what kind of motions that stupid camera actually picks up.
Wasn't talking to you.
I don’t think he knows.
Usually when he knows or thinks he does, his cat in the hat story is included.

Same.

The person connected with this thread reported he was told there were 200 occurrences.....in one day.

If you get a drink of water, rub your neck....on and on....see? AND YES PICK YOUR NOSE....