Disciplinary action already....in cab cameras.

ManInBrown

Wow, this is the first I’m hearing of this. Are the cameras inward facing into the cab? Are they only going to be viewed by mgmt if there is an issue on road or they can pop them up anytime and snoop on you?

Whither

Scofflaw
Riiight. The seatbelt would have solved everything. Kind of like a helmet allows motorcyclists to walk away from every crash, unscathed.
Not my point. If any of us got t-boned on the driver's side at high speed, doors closed, seat belt on -- it's not going to be pretty. Of course. That's not a reason to be lax about wearing the belt. In many circumstances it's more important than a biker's "brain bucket"

Est.1998

How do you know they don't enforce seatbelts exactly?

Was he in compliance or being deliberately obstinate/unsafe? Serious questions.
I don’t know this, but this isn’t the first time I’ve seen FedEx drivers riding dirty. Seems common as if the company doesn’t enforce things.

Thebrownblob

Lot's of folks drive without seatbelts....including UPS'ers.

So, how do you know they don't"enforce" things?

What UPSers are driving around without their seatbelts in their package cars, or feeders? My cousin in California works for FedEx ground for a contractor, safety is pretty lax depending on the contractor.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Are you saying no UPS'ERS drive without their seatbelt? None?
Maybe once. It’s not a general practice because we have sensors and you really can’t get away with it even if you wanted to. Are you saying they are?. We had a case at panel this winter or some dumb driver,
Had buckled his seatbelt and sat on top of it management followed him he does not have a job anymore. Same goes for the bulkhead door that that driver had in that video open. You can get away with anything once and that’s about it at UPS.

Est.1998

I don’t know what your point is.
Lots of people do indeed drive without their seatbelts, such as the guy in the video.
I said it seems like they don’t because I’ve seen quite a bit of their drivers riding without seatbelts.
I’m not even gonna go there with UPS’ers and their seatbelt usage.
My hub takes that very seriously.

quad decade guy

I don’t know what your point is.
Lots of people do indeed drive without their seatbelts, such as the guy in the video.
I said it seems like they don’t because I’ve seen quite a bit of their drivers riding without seatbelts.
I’m not even gonna go there with UPS’ers and their seatbelt usage.
My hub takes that very seriously.
Well, point is folks drive without their seatbelt....including UPS'ers....evidenced by terminations.

"Seems" could be applied to UPS also.....as people keep getting fired for it.

Not hard to believe this happens at Fed Ex too. Terminations....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
You're talking about the case for the building cameras? I hope so too. That will be tougher because buildings have had cameras in them for a long time. But, if people were more willing to walk on unacceptable conditions, that would be more powerful than anything an arbitrator has to say.
The thing with building cameras is they do not single out any one person. You'd have to crop and cut the video in hysterical fashion to form harassment of a single employee. Inward facing cameras on the other hand are literally formatted like selfies. The ability to single out and harass one driver is built into the recording format.