Dishonesty and Failure to Report a accident.

A feeder driver ended up forking a trailer on UPS property and at first didn’t report it and denied he did it but then ended up admitting to it(he wasn’t caught in the lie) he manned up about it. He got terminated/suspended and his first hearing(local)was deadlocked does he have a chance to getting his job back?

Porknado

Not in feeders yet but been around tractor trailers of all shapes and sizes for most of my work life. What’s forking a trailer? I’m getting visions of forklift blades through the sides or nose of the trailer.

Not in feeders yet but been around tractor trailers of all shapes and sizes for most of my work life. What’s forking a trailer? I’m getting visions of forklift blades through the sides or nose of the trailer.
The dolly was put through the front. He thought he had the right height. He’s been there going on 2 year’s and he panicked.

Ouch. A driver did that at my last gig, had to call a wrecker to get the dolly unstuck from the nose of the trailer.
I’m just trying to help the guy out. First time ever making a mistake. He’s always been on time hardly ever misses work he just foolishly made a dumb choice but ended up fessing to it without them catching him in a lie. So hopefully I can get some positive feedback for him.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Had he reported it he'd have maybe gotten a Warning letter. Lying about it will probably put him on the street. WHY would he be so stupid as to lie???????

Had he reported it he'd have maybe gotten a Warning letter. Lying about it will probably put him on the street. WHY would he be so stupid as to lie???????
We’re human and to be so judgmental about his situation is pretty harsh also wrong. He reported the damage but denied doing it but ended up telling his supervisor that he did it before they even caught him. I’m sure he feels stupid about it the man’s been perfect for almost 2 years at UPS no accidents but out of fear made a poor decision.

542thruNthru

A feeder driver ended up forking a trailer on UPS property and at first didn’t report it and denied he did it but then ended up admitting to it(he wasn’t caught in the lie) he manned up about it. He got terminated/suspended and his first hearing(local)was deadlocked does he have a chance to getting his job back?
What was he terminated for? I'm assuming dishonesty. When you say in the end he admitted it what do you mean? Was he in the office getting grilled? Either way he started out lying.

I’m just trying to help the guy out. First time ever making a mistake. He’s always been on time hardly ever misses work he just foolishly made a dumb choice but ended up fessing to it without them catching him in a lie. So hopefully I can get some positive feedback for him.
Sorry to say this but UPS doesn't care about this. Thats what they expect from all employees.
We’re human and to be so judgmental about his situation is pretty harsh also wrong.
No offense but he's only saying what UPS is thinking. You have a personal relationship here. When he gets to panel it will be just like this forum, actually worse.

He reported the damage but denied doing it but ended up telling his supervisor that he did it before they even caught him. I’m sure he feels stupid about it the man’s been perfect for almost 2 years at UPS no accidents but out of fear made a poor decision.
Has he only been with the company 2 years? If so that's not a good thing especially since he lied in the beginning.

What was he terminated for? I'm assuming dishonesty. When you say in the end he admitted it what do you mean? Was he in the office getting grilled? Either way he started out lying.

Sorry to say this but UPS doesn't care about this. Thats what they expect from all employees.

No offense but he's only saying what UPS is thinking. You have a personal relationship here. When he gets to panel it will be just like this forum, actually worse.

Has he only been with the company 2 years? If so that's not a good thing especially since he lied in the beginning.
Okay. Thanks I’ll let him know he’s pretty much outta of job and to start looking. I was just hoping there was a chance that he would get his job back. I’m sure it’s happened to other folks and they were given a chance.

He wasn’t grilled he called them and told them while on his way back to his terminal.

Indecisi0n

This is why you don’t cowboy a set. The outcome all depends on their local sups. We had a new guy do it just the other day and I was asked to bring the trailer to the shop so they could fix it and have him leave. Nothing happened to the driver. Like mentioned above if you say something up front worse should be a warning letter.

takesteady

Are there a lot of feeder drivers with ~2 years company seniority? At my hub all the feeder drivers have at least 20 + years of full time seniority.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
at first didn’t report it and denied he did it but then ended up admitting to it

but ended up fessing to it without them catching him in a lie.

How is that not lying ?

He reported the damage but denied doing it but ended up telling his supervisor that he did it before they even caught him.

Wow.

He’s been remorseful and knows it was stupid. Stand up guy just was a idiot on this situation.

"Stand Up" people are always remorseful, when they get caught.

The guy would have got a warning letter....

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Okay. Thanks I’ll let him know he’s pretty much outta of job and to start looking. I was just hoping there was a chance that he would get his job back. I’m sure it’s happened to other folks and they were given a chance.
Not talking about “other folks” here
We’re talking about you