Dispatching for a specific driver

OrionsBitch

Not...
Not a driver, so forgive my ignorance, but what exactly does GPS have to do with UPS pushing the top rate down?
They said when GPS is out in the truck they can classify the job as non-skilled and will be able to bargain for a much lower top rate. From what I've heard they said top could be around $22-$25 which still is good but it's not $36

km3

They said when GPS is out in the truck they can classify the job as non-skilled and will be able to bargain for a much lower top rate. From what I've heard they said top could be around $22-$25 which still is good but it's not $36

As far as I was aware they only used GPS to track you. Didn't know they had other plans for it.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Yeah I wouldn't believe everything management says. Lol

If we go with a Lower wage it won't be because of GPS. It'll be because FedEx drivers make $15 an hour.
Yeah you're right. It's an advantage for managment to lie about this. Also I should take advice from some grumpy ass 50 year old UPS driver named "Brown slave" with a Big Lebowski icon who thinks they get paid for working through lunch....Lol I must live in constant denial of your sad life. You my friend have been broken by the UPS coorporate machine.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah you're right. It's an advantage for managment to lie about this. Also I should take advice from some grumpy ass 50 year old UPS driver named "Brown slave" with a Big Lebowski icon who thinks they get paid for working through lunch....Lol I must live in constant denial of your sad life. You my friend have been broken by the UPS coorporate machine.
You are beyond comically wrong.

You should probably but put in your letter for management now. Lol

km3

You my friend have been broken by the UPS coorporate machine.

No more so than you, anyway. There is no greater sign of a broken man than an attitude of fatalism. Is that what I detect here?

Maybe for you and other drivers towards the end of their career. New drivers are going to get stuck with Saturday work and most likely eventually Sunday. Two tier wage with an even longer progression period and a much lower top out rate due to GPS. And it's only a matter of time until we have to pay for our benefits. Quit acting like the union is a Godsend. Yes they have done a few good things, but they have their own interests in mind also. And don't get me started on the future of the pension.....

km3

I mean, Saturdays and Sundays are a given. But everything else can be fought for, yet it appears as though you've already conceded.

Who's the broken one here?

OrionsBitch

Not...
I mean, Saturdays and Sundays are a given. But everything else can be fought for, yet it appears as though you've already conceded.

Who's the broken one here?
UPS could never break me bc I just don't give a :censored2: about anything they care about. Change is change to me. If I can get shorter nights great! If not....life goes on.

km3

UPS could never break me bc I just don't give a :censored2: about anything they care about. Change is change to me. If I can get shorter nights great! If not....life goes on.

That's a good attitude, but you should still fight for yourself and for your brothers and sisters. You talk about things like wage progression, two-tier systems, etc. as if they're already here. If we fight, maybe we can prevent that. If not permanently, then at least for another contract or two.

OrionsBitch

Not...
That's a good attitude, but you should still fight for yourself and for your brothers and sisters. You talk about things like wage progression, two-tier systems, etc. as if they're already here. If we fight, maybe we can prevent that. If not permanently, then at least for another contract or two.
We pay the union to do that and they don't. I suggested people under 4 years should be able to get on 9.5 and the classic Brown cafe community bashes me and tells me to man the :censored2: up and work harder....Lol

km3

We pay the union to do that and they don't. I suggested people under 4 years should be able to get on 9.5 and the classic Brown cafe community bashes me and tells me to man the :censored2: up and work harder....Lol

First of all, it has already been pointed out to you that there are ways for people under 4 years to get on the list. I'm not a driver so I don't know the details. You need to read the contract, talk to your union reps, and speak with other drivers.

Second, we are the union. If your local isn't representing you, call them out on it. Go to union meetings and express your concerns. Vote them out. File NLRB complaints. Whatever. You're not powerless.

Third, the responses I saw implied the exact opposite: If you don't like covering that runner's route, work slower. That's the advice I saw in this thread.

OrionsBitch

Not...
First of all, it has already been pointed out to you that there are ways for people under 4 years to get on the list. I'm not a driver so I don't know the details. You need to read the contract, talk to your union reps, and speak with other drivers.

Second, we are the union. If your local isn't representing you, call them out on it. Go to union meetings and express your concerns. Vote them out. File NLRB complaints. Whatever. You're not powerless.

Third, the responses I saw implied the exact opposite: If you don't like covering that runner's route, work slower. That's the advice I saw in this thread.
I've done every single thing that you listed except go to union meetings. Lol that's my point