Dispatching for a specific driver

35years

Gravy route
"The Union is the one that allowed this change in the past contract. I get what you're saying. But the union should get back the ability for drivers under 4 years to get in the list. "

I said exactly this on the first page.
You have no idea what you are talking about. There was no 9.5 language for decades. Prior to the last contract,(what you want) the 9.5 protection was week. Believe me, I filed many, many greivences.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
uhhhh, don't sign the 9.5 list????

Be certain read and understand the entire post before offering you insight...
Because others in the loop cannot be violated they create other routes thereby taking too much work off my otherwise plentiful route.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Management has been continually over dispatching a bid route that I constantly have to cover. The route is owned by a runner and gunned who skips their lunch and breaks. They sprint to stops etc. This is a country route that shouldn't have more than 100stops max. But it is constantly being dispatched with 135-140. I know they are over dispatching for this guy because if the route is covered for a week by another driver the stop count is between 95-100. As soon as he is back up goes the count.

They do it all the time, in my building I get calls on Monday morning all the time asking me if I want the day off.
I run about 120 125, but when they send the cover guy out they put 145 150 on him.
I tell him to stop running, but he wants to get home to his wife and kids. I don't blame him for that, but it just leads to him doing that much more work.

Oh, the fun is when I don't answer and I come in and have 150 and they know I am going to take them over 11, they start to scramble to pull stuff. Good times, good times.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Until C3po walks through the door, hops in the truck and runs a route I'm not worrried about being replaced by a system lol
Plus what it's get you talking to other union brothers and sisters.

If it doesn't come even if it was never planned. Suddenly you think something was won in the contract because your center manager told you it was coming

wayfair

swollen member
Be certain read and understand the entire post before offering you insight...
Because others in the loop cannot be violated they create other routes thereby taking too much work off my otherwise plentiful route.

I'm certain... a guy in my loop goes to the airport everynight, that's an 8:30 pm commit, or shall I say, deadline

MethodsMan

I have done everything the guys told me to do. Then I said I wished the union would do something for drivers under 4 years. Then all of a sudden I'm a terrible person for being negative towards the union and wanting to see my kids? My bad

Putting your 2 weeks in seems like the best option for you. You'll be able to see your family as much as you want while you look for a new job.

Just my take.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They just announced at our center this past month that within a year every truck will have a mounted GPS unit like a Garmin that follows Orion stop for stop. How's that for in-cab distraction!

55688093.jpg

Hey, stop copying FedEx ground's / home delivery way of doing the job!

OrioN 2.0 may not work for brownies ops yet because you have air freight to deal with until 10:30, then various pickup deadlines sprinkled about in the pm. I don't follow my trace 100% either because I cater to my business customers first, even though I am mainly home delivery

I have 2 GPS units running, but I don't use it all the time. It's not a distraction unless u stare at it. It helped me greatly with my rural route with no street signs in the darkness of peak season.

Do you stare at the speedometer, voltmeter, oil pressure, fuel, temp gauges while trucking along? Nope, u scan them... keep your eyes moving to avoid a fixed or blank stare

david.jpg

Look it, this driver, for instance... Do u think he stares at all those gauges and meters while driving?

I'm seeing feeders with GPS units running on their dashboard as well. It's a good tool, but nuthin trumps area knowledge.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Also, I was a former cover driver for about 69 routes & this system help me succeed in delivering most of them.

I maxed out/ failed to deliver everything on 3 of the runner gunner routes because I'm not at their level of sacrificing my knees back or shoulders for this.