Dispatching for a specific driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not a driver, so forgive my ignorance, but what exactly does GPS have to do with UPS pushing the top rate down?

GPS has reduced but not completely eliminated the need for area knowledge.

Orion, based on a spot on DOL, can be followed stop for stop, thus eliminating the need to even think while on road.

Over 70

If 6:30-7 is normal in your center then they are very generous with routes. You're complaining about 8pm as late when that is average.

I've been averaging 50-52 hrs/wk since peak in what is supposed to be the slow months.

My center manager was telling me that orion will become dynamic soon and adjust to what you do like the GPS in your car does if you take a different route.

542thruNthru

I wonder what they will call this second generation Orion. Maybe Orion tier-two. Oh lord if only we had someone that could tell us over and over what this next generation Orion will be called!!!!! For the love of God please someone tell me multiple times what it will be called!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wonder what they will call this second generation Orion. Maybe Orion tier-two. Oh lord if only we had someone that could tell us over and over what this next generation Orion will be called!!!!! For the love of God please someone tell me multiple times what it will be called!
They might want to figure out version 1.0 first.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

Orion. Part Deuce

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Maybe for you and other drivers towards the end of their career. New drivers are going to get stuck with Saturday work and most likely eventually Sunday. Two tier wage with an even longer progression period and a much lower top out rate due to GPS. And it's only a matter of time until we have to pay for our benefits. Quit acting like the union is a Godsend. Yes they have done a few good things, but they have their own interests in mind also. And don't get me started on the future of the pension.....
I never said that. If someone wants to work late they should be able to. If someone wants to be done by 6:30-7 they should be able to. Chances are at every center there are both types of people and dispatches can be planned to meet both desires.

TAKE IT DOWN A COUPLE GEARS, ANDRETTI !!!!

I've delivered almost 20 years and UPS has never "catered" to people who want to work til 630 PM.
No one's jumped into a UPS truck ever and dictates when they will get out everyday. NEVER HAPPENS.
A matter of fact, UPS's prefered work load since I put on the browns is an 8.8 - 9.2 hour workday.
If you run your lunch and stops to get out early, every driver will warn you that you'll get more stops.
Stop bitching about a route you can't conquer.

More importantly, you've delivered for less than 4 years and you're bitching about stuff that hasn't even happened yet.
Here's an answer for that, too !!! SENIORITY

Don't like that route ? Get enough seniority for a route.
Don't like working Saturdays ? Get enough seniority to do M-friend.
Don't like Orion 2.0 ? Get enough seniority to do feeders or bid inside.

Stop acting like a baby and grow some testicular fortitude.
When you act like a Teamster in front of your boss, you'll know when you look behind you, the Union has your back.

JL 0513

ORION® 2.0.

I've delivered almost 20 years and UPS has never "catered" to people who want to work til 630 PM.
No one's jumped into a UPS truck ever and dictates when they will get out everyday. NEVER HAPPENS.
A matter of fact, UPS's prefered work load since I put on the browns is an 8.8 - 9.2 hour workday.
If you run your lunch and stops to get out early, every driver will warn you that you'll get more stops.

More importantly, you've delivered for less than 4 years and you're bitching about stuff that hasn't even happened yet.

When you act like a Teamster in front of your boss, you'll know when you look behind you, the Union has your back.
But would it really kill the company to give every driver one decent day a week?

It would really help with a lot of things.

OrionsBitch

Not...

Classic old-timer response