Do dog treats work?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I feed all my fellow city dogs nice big RPCD MILKBONES It’s probably the only meal the get during the day..
🧔✊
B0040E2C-0F9D-4C70-8BD6-113316F95EE6.jpeg

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not sure you read my post. I'm talking about using a treat to "defend" myself against a potential biter and NOT feeding the dogs on my route.
Besides, if some owner allows his precious pet to be out in the street it's his/her problem if they have to scrape it off the pavement. Serves them right IMO.
People and their mutts..... Too many give them a higher value than they do another human being.
Oh I read it in it’s entirety. The response I gave applies to either situation. Feeding all of the dogs on the route or just the ones that you think might actually be a problem. The end result will be the same. The difference being how many dogs react to the treats.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve tried both. The last of which was just trying to tame the bad ones. It didn’t always work. It’s been years but I seem to remember more of them being uninterested in the treats than interested. I also didn’t like having to spend the money on those things. And the first time I forgot to take them out of my truck when I had a day off was the last time I had any. When I came back to work the box was basically empty because the cover drivers gave them away to every dog they encountered. And a lot of the dogs on my route that barely paid attention to me were acting differently. Some were very hyper and aggressive. For some of those dogs that’s all it takes. Just one day getting a treat.

The best way to defend yourself is to stand your ground, if you can’t make it back to the truck in time, and point the DIAD at them. 99% of the dogs I’ve encountered freeze when I do that. I can’t explain it. If that doesn’t work I’m trying to kick a 60 yard field goal to win the Super Bowl. Whatever part of their body my shoe/boot hits is the football. If you encounter one like that when you roll up, or have just stepped out of the truck, just turn around and leave. Have the clerk call the customer. There’s not one single package on any of these trucks that are worth the risk of getting bitten or mauled by a dog.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They work for you. And they make your replacement get bit.

And a great way to make your cover driver take the bite instead of you.

*See dog that's not completely and obviously contained.
*Not-in.

It's a 2 step process.

Owners can keep a dog correctly, and then he's allowed to receive packages.

Yep. That's a great plan that every cover driver should follow.

Wow, for a millionaire part time employee you sure have a lot of knowledge about cover driving and loose dogs. I mean, it’s almost like you’re completely full of :censored2:!?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I love when the bid drivers feed the dogs. All the dogs on the route become so trusting and friendly! Every day at work is like a petting zoo.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
There is one pitbull on a route I do that is so adorable. It wears a sweater in the winter time. Never met the owners but the dog is great.

satellitedriver

I'm not sure you read my post. I'm talking about using a treat to "defend" myself against a potential biter and NOT feeding the dogs on my route.
Besides, if some owner allows his precious pet to be out in the street it's his/her problem if they have to scrape it off the pavement. Serves them right IMO.
People and their mutts..... Too many give them a higher value than they do another human being.
Defend, rarely.
Used to befriend, absolutely.
Had many, many dog attacks on rural routes.
I fought many and only got bite once.
I had to literally knock out a 80lb German shepherd that attacked me, with my fists.
No :censored2:, I still laugh that I did not know that I was still that fast my fists, left/right/ left.
The adrenal rush, my past bar fights, in my youth, seemed to pay off.
The owners were watching and said the classic line,
"He's never done that before."
Never told the Sup's about that incident and the owners never called in on me.

wilberforce15

Wow, for a millionaire part time employee you sure have a lot of knowledge about cover driving and loose dogs. I mean, it’s almost like you’re completely full of :censored2:!?
Yeah, I drove for a while as a repeated seasonal before I figured out how dumb it was, and how much the money sucked compared to other options.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Got my first nip the other day. I have zero tolerance for any animal that's allowed to bite someone and I really wanted to grab my 380 and give this nipper a lead pill. Needless to say it was a very bad idea so I just went about the day. Next time I have this stop I can either spray this 25 four legged scrawny mutt or I can give it some dog treats. I don't know if treats work?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Got my first nip the other day. I have zero tolerance for any animal that's allowed to bite someone and I really wanted to grab my 380 and give this nipper a lead pill. Needless to say it was a very bad idea so I just went about the day. Next time I have this stop I can either spray this 25 four legged scrawny mutt or I can give it some dog treats. I don't know if treats work?
Pro tip...dont feed every dog you see, just the bad ones. Otherwise you end up creeping up driveways behind starving dogs in your way. Feed wisely and remember what I just said when you feed them all.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I feel bad when I can’t feed my usual dogs on route because I may not have a delivery for that house. I’ve been tossing them out of truck to them while I’m driving like a newspaper guy but I toss dog treats.
🧔✊