Do people in leadership visit Brown Cafe?

HavenoEDD

Many watch these pages…drivers, sups and management. Yes, it’s turned into a retirement home where old timers have nothing better to do than moan and groan but there’s the occasional post or topic that is great.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Anybody know if those in leadership at UPS or the IBT check out what is being posted here? I figure most UPS employees would have no interest in coming here during their free time so taking a temperature reading on Brown Cafe might not be an accurate measure of what the typical UPSer is thinking, but still, what is being posted here I think gives some insight. As an example, like this afternoon, plenty of people are saying getting a/c in package cars is not a high priority which is not a good thing for those people who are pushing for it, but seeing what people are saying might be useful information for those individuals who are negotiating the new contract.
Big Union Guy does.

noril

Anybody know if those in leadership at UPS or the IBT check out what is being posted here? I figure most UPS employees would have no interest in coming here during their free time so taking a temperature reading on Brown Cafe might not be an accurate measure of what the typical UPSer is thinking, but still, what is being posted here I think gives some insight. As an example, like this afternoon, plenty of people are saying getting a/c in package cars is not a high priority which is not a good thing for those people who are pushing for it, but seeing what people are saying might be useful information for those individuals who are negotiating the new contract.

You can forget about A/c in pkg cars
Bunch of damn pusillanimous if ups wants to put
them in great but nothing to negotiate for
I was only bringing up the matter of a/c as an example. Having an evening pick up route as an Air Driver in Northern illinois, a/c is definitely not a high priority for me personally, but I can see where if I had a mostly rural daytime delivery route in Florida with large gaps between stops, I might feel differently. All that said, I also think people should try and avoid really belittling what another fellow union member wants to push for.

I am figuring that Carol Tome probably wouldn't be one to spend a Sunday afternoon on Browncafe. The key question I was asking, was if UPS and IBT leadership might look on here to take a temperature reading of how the typical UPSer feels about some particular issue and then respond accordingly at the contract negotiating table, among other places. Thanks everybody though who tried to answer the basic question I asked...

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was only bringing up the matter of a/c as an example. Having an evening pick up route as an Air Driver in Northern illinois, a/c is definitely not a high priority for me personally, but I can see where if I had a mostly rural daytime delivery route in Florida with large gaps between stops, I might feel differently. All that said, I also think people should try and avoid really belittling what another fellow union member wants to push for.

Thanks everybody though who tried to answer the basic question I asked...

“ but I can see where if I had a mostly rural daytime daytime delivery route in Florida with large gaps between stops I might feel differently “

So you want to spend millions to retrofit the whole fleet because you might feel differently
SMDH
Another snowflake I bet you get upset when your boss talks mean to you don’t you

noril

I don’t even think UPSers browse this site. Hasn’t been an interesting new forum in weeks. Guess the party here is all over.
In a way, that's a shame... For better or worse, the internet is a great way for information and misinformation to be exchanged and for ideas to spread...just about as revolutionary as the first printing press was some 500 years ago.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

In a way, that's a shame... For better or worse, the internet is a great way for information and misinformation to be exchanged and for ideas to spread...just about as revolutionary as the first printing press was some 500 years ago.
I’m assuming it’s moved on to Facebook or Reddit which I’m not members of. Perhaps it’s time to close it down. I’m waiting to see if come contract time it picks up again.

Thebrownblob

I am figuring that Carol Tome probably wouldn't be one to spend a Sunday afternoon on Browncafe. The key question I was asking, was if UPS and IBT leadership might look on here to take a temperature reading of how the typical UPSer feels about some particular issue and then respond accordingly at the contract negotiating table, among other places. Thanks everybody though who tried to answer the basic question I asked...
Yes, they do

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m assuming it’s moved on to Facebook or Reddit which I’m not members of. Perhaps it’s time to close it down. I’m waiting to see if come contract time it picks up again.
Is there something or someone holding you hostage? If you wanna go then go just don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

fxdwg

Long Time Member
At what level do you consider "Leadership"? Center, Division, Operations, Region Managers or only above? I'm using older Titles because everything north of a Center Manager has been renamed to Director, Managing Director, etc.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A common complaint for people leaving are rude commentators such as yourself. I don’t think you’ve ever spoken a polite word in any of your responses to my posts.

Jes keepin it
Realz yo
I’am not gonna blow smoke up your ass and tell you everything’s gonna be super good if I don’t think it is
Plus there’s an ignore button I’ll help you find it if you want