Do people in leadership visit Brown Cafe?

iruhnman630

On one of my space and vis rides, I mentioned something I had read on what I deliberately generically referred to as a "group"...

...he immediately said "Brown Cafe"?

I toned down my posts here after that. Keep it professional or humorous.

It's not too difficult to identify a co worker by post content.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
On one of my space and vis rides, I mentioned something I had read on what I deliberately generically referred to as a "group"...

...he immediately said "Brown Cafe"?

I toned down my posts here after that. Keep it professional or humorous.

It's not too difficult to identify a co worker by post content.

Truth be known...Anybody who has posted on this site more than 6 months is known..

If you are not you ain't... :censored3:...(manure)...

A quick suggestion for the newbies..please do not start your new avatar with the word: (Brown)...we have too many of them already..it gets confusing..

noril

At what level do you consider "Leadership"? Center, Division, Operations, Region Managers or only above? I'm using older Titles because everything north of a Center Manager has been renamed to Director, Managing Director, etc.
I didn't have anything exact in mind, but more toward people north of center manager and union steward...

Again, BC might not be a good representative sample, but to give another example, if people on BC are overwhelmingly saying that they would be willing to strike over the continuation of the 22.4 driver classification as it exists now, would anyone who is sitting at the contract negotiating tables or has the attention of those people who are either notice such posts or care...

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I didn't have anything exact in mind, but more toward people north of center manager and union steward...

Again, BC might not be a good representative sample, but to give another example, if people on BC are overwhelmingly saying that they would be willing to strike over the continuation of the 22.4 driver classification as it exists now, would anyone who is sitting at the contract negotiating tables or has the attention of those people who are either notice such posts or care...
Thanks. BC is not a good representative sample at all. The 22.4's, the PVD's, etc. will continue and they'll get a few more bucks.
The union and a few people on here don't run the business, they are part of it and pretty far down the ladder in terms of developing strategy. Standby for the argument of "if it wasn't for us, the company would collapse".

Thebrownblob

Thanks. BC is not a good representative sample at all. The 22.4's, the PVD's, etc. will continue and they'll get a few more bucks.
The union and a few people on here don't run the business, they are part of it and pretty far down the ladder in terms of developing strategy. Standby for the argument of "if it wasn't for us, the company would collapse".
Well, we can make that argument because it has truth. I disagree with you about the 24.4. I am, however not sure about the PVD. But honestly, since the national negotiations have not officially started, none of us know for sure. I certainly know what’s going on with my supplement. And there’s a number of others who have insight to their supplements as well.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Well, we can make that argument because it has truth. I disagree with you about the 24.4. I am, however not sure about the PVD. But honestly, since the national negotiations have not officially started, none of us know for sure. I certainly know what’s going on with my supplement. And there’s a number of others who have insight to their supplements as well.
Think about "good faith" negotiations. You cannot simply eliminate a strategy developed by the Company. There are certainly plenty of "programs of the month", but 22.4's have significant $ advantage tied to it. Any good negotiator knows it's about getting to Yes versus "our way or the highway", unless you're the Company, who really holds all the cards.
Workers say: "We'll strike to get what we want", but you can't have everything, so what are you really willing to strike for? There's plenty of Dead companies in the wake of strikes where union/management collectively destroyed the company and everyone lost. UPS has lots of $ and plenty of ideas.

Thebrownblob

Think about "good faith" negotiations. You cannot simply eliminate a strategy developed by the Company. There are certainly plenty of "programs of the month", but 22.4's have significant $ advantage tied to it. Any good negotiator knows it's about getting to Yes versus "our way or the highway", unless you're the Company, who really holds all the cards.
Workers say: "We'll strike to get what we want", but you can't have everything, so what are you really willing to strike for? There's plenty of Dead companies in the wake of strikes where union/management collectively destroyed the company and everyone lost. UPS has lots of $ and plenty of ideas.
Man, you couldn’t be more wrong, because if you coming to the table pretending your strategy doesn’t affect the human beings negotiating with you, then you’re gonna have a problem. by your account we would never have established a 40 hour work week nor would we have 95 protection. Nobody said they can’t have ideas. We’ve agreed to lots of them but if they’re only good for one side, then we’re not going to agree with them. I’ve already said PVD is probably staying. There will just have to be more rules and an agreement. 22.4 has been a disaster, and it wasn’t even the company’s idea.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Man, you couldn’t be more wrong, because if you coming to the table pretending your strategy doesn’t affect the human beings negotiating with you, then you’re gonna have a problem. by your account we would never have established a 40 hour work week nor would we have 95 protection. Nobody said they can’t have ideas. We’ve agreed to lots of them but if they’re only good for one side, then we’re not going to agree with them. I’ve already said PVD is probably staying. There will just have to be more rules and an agreement. 22.4 has been a disaster, and it wasn’t even the company’s idea.
Who's idea was the 22.4? I'd love to know who's "Idea" this was.
I won't even address the rest of your comments.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Who's idea was the 22.4? I'd love to know who's "Idea" this was.
I won't even address the rest of your comments.
Here we go…..
67E14BA1-328B-478C-9EB8-E1AD0F64C1AA.gif